✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the mx stands for mexican

as in border crosser as in illegal alien

:laugh3:jk

I find that very offensive and hurtful:veryangry2::cry: I don't care if u put a million jk's it doesn't make it ok!

I've been avoiding CPing all day because I know there's been a lot of drama. Also because I couldn't load the thing for a good while because of all the webtraffic :P.

I'll just say my bit and have done with it:

I completely understand how the positive, optimistic faction is annoyed with the less-than-positive people for making judgements before we hear anything. I also agree with what was said above about how that might look less-than-great to any official Coldplay people that peruse the board. At the same time, however, I don't see anything wrong with someone saying they like or don't like what we have so far. I personally am not a big fan of the lyrics, Chris's hair (:P), the song title, or the jackets that may or may not be like the Viva costumes and worn for two years straight like the previous ones were. I'm trying my hardest to not let those things have any bearing on my hopes for the actual music, which is ultimately the important part. I think the problem comes in when people get ahead of themselves and become prepared to hate the song before we hear a note of it--that's unfortunate, and I think somewhat unfair, but to each their own.

I was worried before VLV too, about all the same things. I actually wasn't hot on "Violet Hill" as a first single either, and only started feeling positive about the album once we heard "Viva la Vida." As it turned out, the album was neither what I wanted or expected, but I loved it anyway. I'll always be one of those fans that love the first two albums the most, but I also don't think I'll really dislike what they produce, either. It's just kind of weird for something you loved so much to change to the point where you're worried about whether or not you'll still love them the same amount. Inevitable? Probably. Everyone understands that bands evolve and change. But it's still kind of sad, and I think people, particularly people that are the biggest fans of their earlier material, are allowed to express that sadness once they hear the music, and are allowed to say for now that they're worried it's going to happen to them in the near future, as long as they're willing to be surprised too.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I've been avoiding CPing all day because I know there's been a lot of drama. Also because I couldn't load the thing for a good while because of all the webtraffic :P.

I'll just say my bit and have done with it:

I completely understand how the positive, optimistic faction is annoyed with the less-than-positive people for making judgements before we hear anything. I also agree with what was said above about how that might look less-than-great to any official Coldplay people that peruse the board. At the same time, however, I don't see anything wrong with someone saying they like or don't like what we have so far. I personally am not a big fan of the lyrics, Chris's hair (:P), the song title, or the jackets that may or may not be like the Viva costumes and worn for two years straight like the previous ones were. I'm trying my hardest to not let those things have any bearing on my hopes for the actual music, which is ultimately the important part. I think the problem comes in when people get ahead of themselves and become prepared to hate the song before we hear a note of it--that's unfortunate, and I think somewhat unfair, but to each their own.

I was worried before VLV too, about all the same things. I actually wasn't hot on "Violet Hill" as a first single either, and only started feeling positive about the album once we heard "Viva la Vida." As it turned out, the album was neither what I wanted or expected, but I loved it anyway. I'll always be one of those fans that love the first two albums the most, but I also don't think I'll really dislike what they produce, either. It's just kind of weird for something you loved so much to change to the point where you're worried about whether or not you'll still love them the same amount. Inevitable? Probably. Everyone understands that bands evolve and change. But it's still kind of sad, and I think people, particularly people that are the biggest fans of their earlier material, are allowed to express that sadness once they hear the music, and are allowed to say for now that they're worried it's going to happen to them in the near future, as long as they're willing to be surprised too.

Probably the most open, honest assessment made on this thread. Post of the day!

I'll always be one of those fans that love the first two albums the most, but I also don't think I'll really dislike what they produce, either. It's just kind of weird for something you loved so much to change to the point where you're worried about whether or not you'll still love them the same amount

Yea that's the feeling I've got atm :\

Very well put Chelsea

Ok :) May I ask what the joke is? I'm a newish coldplayer.

No, it's not like your missing anything, he's just writing April as in "the album will come out in April"...but that wasn't funny even the first time he posted that.

Just had a thought here . . . . what if the artwork for all the singles (however many there may be) forms a big graffiti picture when they're laid out side-by-side or in a certain order??

That, my friend, is a BRILLIANT idea. If I am ever in a band (as I plan to be), this is exactly what I'll do.

It is funny how I am not to excited about the lyrics, name, or the stucture of the song but I know for a fact that Coldplay will find a way to make all of these things fit together in the perfect way to create an amazing and inspiring song that will not disappoint.

Just had a thought here . . . . what if the artwork for all the singles (however many there may be) forms a big graffiti picture when they're laid out side-by-side or in a certain order??

pretty cool idea certainly. I like it :cool:

It is funny how I am not to excited about the lyrics, name, or the stucture of the song but I know for a fact that Coldplay will find a way to make all of these things fit together in the perfect way to create an amazing and inspiring song that will not disappoint.

That's exactly how I feel. When I first read the lyrics for 'Christmas Lights' I was very unsure about 'drunken Elvis singing' but they managed to make the song amazing. It's not that I don't think the lyrics are good, it's just that it just doesn't seem like Coldplay lyrics right now. But I'm sure they've managed to make these lyrics into a song that I enjoy, and that they feel comfortable putting on a record, and, quite frankly, I couldn't ask for anything else.

If you look at past Coldplay song titles, some of them just don't sound very appealing. I'm sure some will disagree with me, but I didn't think A Rush Of Blood To The Head, or Cemeteries Of London sounded like great song titles, but they turned out to be good songs nonetheless.

oh my holy jesus christ on a bycicle.

Can the hoard of people complainig about every detail wait until they have at least heard the music please?

we wait years for new music, they take their sweet time and avoid releasing a new album every year (like some bands) to work on making it perfect and making it the best they can, and we all wait for it day in day out with anticipation, and the second they spoil us with a sliver of news the bandwagon of people slamming it and thinking they could do better just gets bigger and bigger. Leave it, will you? if you hate the music then that's a fair opinion, but how can the lyrics be terrible when you have no idea how they work in the song? if you could be doing a better job then you'd be in the music industry yourself.

COMPLETELY AGREE! PLEASE!!!!! Listen to this. Stop judging the single or the album! You have not heard either yet!!! And like he said. Lets see some of you try to make it in the music industry!! One of you write the next VLV!!! :angry: Seriously all this arguing is pissing me off. All of you who want to hate, thats fine, but don't continually post it, or start a thread where you all can hang out and be in a miserable mood together. The rest of us true Coldplay fans are excited, and you are ruining this entire 'release' thing for me.

COMPLETELY AGREE! PLEASE!!!!! Listen to this. Stop judging the single or the album! You have not heard either yet!!! And like he said. Lets see some of you try to make it in the music industry!! One of you write the next VLV!!! :angry: Seriously all this arguing is pissing me off. All of you who want to hate, thats fine, but don't continually post it, or start a thread where you all can hang out and be in a miserable mood together. The rest of us true Coldplay fans are excited, and you are ruining this entire 'release' thing for me.

Agreed and agreed! Thank you.

Same here... i've kinda been avoiding this thread because of it. I am just excited for everything :)

Me too. I was actually going to go through and read the last 50 pages, but I am not going to because of all the negativity. But your right, lets not let that disrupt the excitement! In just 2 days we will hear a new Coldplay song!! :D