✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep saying it's a dance/techno album.. I'm not sure what to think :stunned:

They say that just because you only hear the bass I think.

Well, nobody seemed to see my post, so I put it there again.

"And finally" ?!

So there's a chance it's the last video. Now we even know which song all that teasing was about (Every teardrop is a waterfall).

BUT still, it sounds like they can release one or two videos, giving us clearer sound. Yesterday we got a kind of melody, today the bass rythm. Seems like there are things missing.

Also, notice the "..." ? That could mean the single is for tomorrow, yes... But it could as well mean the next video is the next part of the sentence.

Edit : I still think that's just about the single. Today's lyrics do fit with previous ones : they're about music, symphony...

I think they've given us previews of the THREE singles they will be releasing from the album. Makes sense. The first single would be the first couple of videos they posted...the ones with the weird titles with the letter of the beginning of each word.

The second single would be "Trapezes".

The final single is this one..."Every Tear Is A Waterfall". Makes perfect sense now! :O

Hmm yea I can see where you're coming from...

:thinking:

Someone posted on youtube the comment that the new album's title is "Mnemonics and Murals", which was swiftly deleted :stunned: :)

:stunned:

This could be true ! Cause i dont think they'll bring out the album just yet ! A few singles so that they have some new music to play at festivals sounds about right !

Yup! Or maybe they won't even release all three yet. Maybe just the first one. But I do think they have just shown us snippets of the singles they will release off of the album. :) That's what the "And finally..." means. Now they've told us which singles will be the three officially released singles.

I'm totally buying into the multiple songs theory in regards to what they've been previewing. The whale noise, the star trek references, the walking man visuals, the "morse code," the random video sounds, the disparate lyrics, and the video visuals simply just don't all fit together into one song. There's just no way.

That said, I'm not buying that they've already pegged what songs will be singles over the entire era of LP5, and that they're hinting to all of those right now. I don't think even Coldplay would be able to determine (aside from the lead single) which songs they'll use as singles until the album is released and everything receives some positive/negative critical reaction. Also, releasing three singles simultaneously seems weird and unnecessary.

What I'm thinking is that these songs they've been giving hints to over the last few days are part of a three/four song EP and/or a single with a few b-sides that they put out imminently right as these festivals start, which kind of previews what the album will be like later in the summer.

That way they'd have more than just one song worth of new material to play at festivals for the next several months, but they don't have to rush an entire album out in the next few days.

Thoughts?

Someone posted on youtube the comment that the new album's title is "Mnemonics and Murals", which was swiftly deleted :stunned: :)

really, you're sure it was deleted? :stunned: *goes to sift through the comments*

would they really have a title with the word mnemonics? :lol:

Ahhhhhhh, but I see it- the first few videos had mnemonic titles... :idea2:

ooooh dear god, i don't even know how to pronounce that properly :laugh3:

Yup! Or maybe they won't even release all three yet. Maybe just the first one. But I do think they have just shown us snippets of the singles they will release off of the album. :) That's what the "And finally..." means. Now they've told us which singles will be the three officially released singles.

Yeah ! Theres way too much artwork , visuals and contrasts in sound to be just the one single ! Cant wait :D

Well a mural is a large piece of art- which goes with the graffiti theme, and we have had mnemonics with the titles of the youtube videos e.g. AATKTDATKANLUMMFAL

Although to me, mnemonics and murals sounds a bit meh :/

really, you're sure it was deleted? :stunned: *goes to sift through the comments*

would they really have a title with the word mnemonics? :lol:

Ahhhhhhh, but I see it- the first few videos had mnemonic titles... :idea2:

This is the most sence that anyone has ever made in this thread!

Btw: it may sound ironic but it isn't