✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Coldplay: Glastonbury 2011" to be shown in cinemas (cancelled?): Latest loc are via GlastonburyHD.c

cleeson7

Listen , I GOT NEWS, a friend of mine that works on radio one said that he already listened to the song, that it has a radiohead - bass style , similar to the song "where I end and you begin " from radiohead, whit a fast beat and a clear bass, he says is sensational, it is expecting over 20 plays tomorrow, and something else, aparently the name of the new album, acording to him, COULD be Monday Morning , that would explain the MM on the exibition room and the "MONDAY" that is painted in the wall of one of the newest pictures of coldplay , where the bassist is sitting in like a window, that is all, and he said it could be a big change for coldplay but seems to go to a good direction, thats pretty much all I know, and i singed in just for you to know...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*crosses fingers*

Already called a group of friends today to go the the cinema for that. It would majorly suck if itll get cancelled as a whole..

Bah =(

I was so excited about it! :cry: I hope they do not cancel the event or at least consider releasing a DVD / Blur-ray of the show. :(

Ooh well...Even if i don't see it in theaters, I'll for sure buy the DVD for it..I'm not complaining, DVD is way better than youtube.

Not if its shown in HD. I really want a Coldplay Blu Ray! why do they never release them its not like they sound bad live, they are amazing.

:( I think I know why they are updating the website but its not good (at least not for Canadians)

I just got this email from Cineplex Entertainment:

"Hello,

It is with great disappointment that we write to tell you that that we have had to cancel the presentations of Glastonbury 2011: Coldplay, Captured Live. We apologize for having to cancel this event unfortunately this was out of ours or our partners hands as this is Glastonbury, BBC Worldwide and their negotiations that impacted this broadcast.

We have requested a refund on your behalf and the funds should be returned to your account within 2-3 business days."

*looks to the sky* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but but but but but why????????? nooooooooooooooo!

:( I think I know why they are updating the website but its not good (at least not for Canadians)

I just got this email from Cineplex Entertainment:

"Hello,

It is with great disappointment that we write to tell you that that we have had to cancel the presentations of Glastonbury 2011: Coldplay, Captured Live. We apologize for having to cancel this event unfortunately this was out of ours or our partners hands as this is Glastonbury, BBC Worldwide and their negotiations that impacted this broadcast.

We have requested a refund on your behalf and the funds should be returned to your account within 2-3 business days."

*looks to the sky* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nooooooo! Why?! :(

I was already planning how to arrange everything so that I could go.

Not if its shown in HD. I really want a Coldplay Blu Ray! why do they never release them its not like they sound bad live, they are amazing.

I'd love a blu-ray too!

Bad news. But at least it wasn't announced officially, so we can't blame band or EMI. If they would film the gig bootleg video will definitely appear on torrents, like Japan concert from VLV tour or twisted logic show from Canada.

In France ..... Kinepolis's Cinemas...

At >> Lille/Lomme, Nîmes, Metz, Thionville, Mulhouse & Nancy

Le groupe Coldplay vient tout juste de sortir son nouveau single "EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL", et sera prochainement programmé dans de nombreux festivals (En France pour le festival Main Square, en Belgique pour Werchter ou en Espagne au Bilbao BBK Festival, et enfin Glastonbury en Angleterre).

Pour ceux qui ne pourraient s'y rendre, nous vous proposons d'assister tout de même - en direct HD - à leur prestation au célébre festival anglais de Glastonbury le 25 juin prochain dans les cinémas Kinepolis (Lille/Lomme, Nîmes, Metz, Thionville, Mulhouse et Nancy) !

Festival institutionnel voire pèlerinage musical, Glastonbury est le festival le plus ancien, le plus populaire, le plus médiatique, et le plus important du Royaume-Uni. Mais le festival de Glastonbury se mérite et pour un français il relève souvent du parcours du combattant d'obtenir des billets !

Glastonbury a fêté ses 40 ans l’année dernière. C’est l’un des plus grand festivals de musique au monde et chaque année, sur 3,6 km carrés de terrain, près de 200.000 passionnés s’y pressent !

>>> http://facebook.fnacspectacles.com/recherche/rechercheRapide.do?search=coldplay+glastonbury

In France ..... Kinepolis's Cinemas...

At >> Lille/Lomme, Nîmes, Metz, Thionville, Mulhouse & Nancy

>>> http://facebook.fnacspectacles.com/recherche/rechercheRapide.do?search=coldplay+glastonbury

I saw that too this morning! It's 16€ and the booking begins today at 8.30 AM.

But it's still weird that the main site linked in the first page doesn't work :confused:

My mom was asking and it got me worried. Is this 2 hour movie just Coldplay's performance, or is it a couple of songs by everybody?

It is only the broadcast of Coldplay's concert in a cinema ;)

Guest Osaka Sun

After feeling disappointed about ETIAW then hearing the Rock am Ring festival, I really can't wait for this.

Is there any official confirmation, at all, on which countries will be playing the Glastonbury show or not? This whole website blackouts and sudden cancellations are worrying the hell out of me.

Hmmm, now fandango wont let me buy tickets. says theyre not on sale yet anywhere...

JackZ whats up buddy! Fandago wouldnt let me by tickets as well so I just went to my theatre and I was able to buy them there with no problems... that was before all this talk of possible cancelation though.

UGH, what's going on with this? :bigcry:

My mom was iffy about coming with me or not because of the date, so I waited to buy tickets, and now you can't buy tickets on Fandango anymore and the official site is down :angry:

I guess if it's not back up in a few days, I'll call the cinema itself and see if I can book directly through them, or if they have any more information on whether the whole thing is cancelled or not.