✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moving To Mars (found via iTunes pre-order)

pipp088

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though now there are 2 titles with 2 "M's". And both released before the album, that is a little curious knowing they mentioned the album double M name speculations. Any of these would be awesome album titles in my opinion.

I cannot read through this thread but I'm sure it's been discussed that this is prob the Double M's album title....I am remembering Chris saying that,??....I didn't dream that right??....

Husband asked why not Major Minus.... I said that there was no way Chris would set himself up for such an obvious critical bulls-eye with that title. I could see it now...."the new Coldplay album; talk about a major minus"....etc.

So Moving to Mars it Is!

*ignores discussion*

Does this mean the album will be postponed when they release an EP first?

edit: not that they had a release date in the first place..

I think that would be logical. If they would like to release the album two weeks later (great idea !), then they just would have put these songs on another disc, maybe deluxe or something. Or does EMI really need the money so much they would release an EP short before an album ?

Interesting idea (maybe offtopic, but...): Do you expect a deluxe version of the album ?

Had they ever one ? I would love to buy one, maybe behind the scenes footage and bonus tracks and photos... awesome !:)

I think that would be logical. If they would like to release the album two weeks later (great idea !), then they just would have put these songs on another disc, maybe deluxe or something. Or does EMI really need the money so much they would release an EP short before an album ?

Interesting idea (maybe offtopic, but...): Do you expect a deluxe version of the album ?

Had they ever one ? I would love to buy one, maybe behind the scenes footage and bonus tracks and photos... awesome !:)

EMI does need money, but it has been mysterious promotion anyway. So who knows? Maybe they decide next week to release the entire album :P

Well, if you count the Prospekt's March edition as deluxe... Would be un-Coldplay, but nice. And EMI needs money.. ;)

June 21, 2011 - submitted by Stevie, Mexico

Q. Hello, Oracle

Please answer me, this is like my seventh question, and this time I'm sure it's not illogical.

I read that Major Minus is gonna be released as a B-side of ETIAW. I think that Major Minus is a beautiful song, and is a track that must be on the album. But I obviously know that B-sides are usually not included on other albums than special editions. Is it going to be included on the album?

The Oracle replies:

You raise a good point. I must admit I thought the same as historically you're correct; b sides haven't appeared on the album.

All I can say is that there have been even more changes to how things (and what) are released since the last album so I wouldn't rule it out.

That said, I swear I don't know the final track listing of the album and as you already know what I am about to say... even if I did, I couldn't provide the definitive answer to your question.

"Please note: The pre-order contents listed here are subject to change without notice and the final product received may differ."

Tracklist isn't 100% yet. I think another song will be annouced and played on the radio saturday.

Awesome!!

I'm still wondering why it isn't available for pre-order in the US iTunes . . . you'd think we would be the first or second ones to get it . . . :thinking:

Maybe they will add more songs to that edition and that's why it's not available just yet over there.

I can't wait to hear Moving To Mars. I like the lyrics :)

I've actually been wishing for a Coldplay slow song for a while. They're one of a handful of artists that can make excellent slow songs over and over again :wacky:

UATW is a slow song, or isn't that slow enough?