✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Charlie Brown THE BEST Coldplay song...EVER??

LetsTalk212

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only someone who isn't a true fan would or could ever even think about implying that at least 97% of ALL things Coldplay has EVER done is anything BUT the BEST!!!!!

Off-topic here, but I have to disagree with that. To love *everything* they ever produced, whether good or bad or indifferent, simply because they're your favourite band, would seem a little foolish - and a bit like blind adoration.

Personally, I love all of Coldplay's albums and yes, I do consider myself a 'true fan' - however, if they came out with some dreadful crap, I can't see myself liking it purely because it was theirs. So I think that statement is a little unfair - I'm sure there are lots of 'true fans' on Coldplaying (or not even members, as the case may be) who dislike some of their work, but that doesn't by any means make them worse fans.

On-topic again, whilst I couldn't possibly choose a single CP song that I'd say is my definitive *favourite*, I'd have to agree that yes, Charlie Brown is a wonderful song, and it would definitely be on a list of my 5/10 favourite songs!

It is, without a doubt, a great song - fab lyrics, awesome tune and the perfect balance of 'new' and 'old' Coldplay. I really do love that song :heart:

No. It's not the best Coldplay song ever. It's not even the best song on MX. I'm probably in the minority here, but I never understood why so many people (both those who like MX as an album and those who don't) like the song so much. I feel very "Meh" about it.

A true Coldplay fan could never name "the best CP song ever". A true CP fan could NEVER choose an absolute fav or "the very best". Only someone who isn't a true fan would or could ever even think about implying that at least 97% of ALL things Coldplay has EVER done is anything BUT the BEST!!!!!

I have to respectfully disagree, i'm as true a fan as they come but i don't think that everything they put out there is 'their best', for example, i don't like 'Twisted Logic' and i think 'A Whisper' is a mundane song. I could agree with the fact that their most pedestrian songs are better than most of the popular songs out there but not everything they record is golden...

• 1 month later...

Ermm...Do you think a music video can affect the way you listen to and then think of a song?

IT'S a really good song on mylo xyloto (I think it should've been the last track), but I think there are better songs (swallowed in the sea, yellow, we never change, amsterdam)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love CB but I agree with many of you who say its too hard to pick a fav. Maybe a fav of each album but even that would be difficult. I discovered them during X & Y bu went back and purchased all their previous CDs. All time fav is likely Fix You or Yellow but love Clocks too. Just too many to chose from.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, yes it is. That answers that. We can close this thread now.

Seriously though, it is my favourite song ever. Its not about being catchy and energetic (which it is), its about texture and atmosphere and how they make this whole world in the song. Even without the video, it gives me a sense of streaks of flashing lights and an exciting escape into adventure. Its about living life with a sense of recklessness and abandon and what's the more amazing part about it?? The opening and buzz and din? The explosive optimism?

For me its the tranquil ending. Its sounds so fragile, warm and tender. As if the two lovers have found their paradise at least and each knows how important it is because of what they've gone through. Viva la vida was about remembering your rise while you fall, Politik was about breaking out of the confines of society to appeal to true love, yellow was about trying to tell someone what they mean to you and Clocks was about.....actually I have no idea what clocks was about.

But that's why CB wins it for me. Its about having the courage to lose everything you ever had to find out what's on the other side. Living life passionately but dangerously.

And live....nothing compares to it. They found their 'streets have no name'