✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is Charlie Brown THE BEST Coldplay song...EVER??

LetsTalk212

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amsterdam >> Sparks >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charlie Brown :nod:

Charlie Brown isn't even the best song from this era, IMHO. It's not a bad tune, but it isn't better than the other songs mentioned.

@Corkus -- I loved Christmas Lights :rolleyes:

Charlie Brown >> Amsterdam >> Sparks :nod:

:P

Sparks is fucking awesome.

Charlie Brown is harmless and inoffensive, especially when compared to the two lead singles off MX, but it's not even their best song of the past year. I even liked Christmas Lights better.

I love you for saying that! Sparks is one of my all time favorite songs, not just from coldplay but in general. I used to sing my girlfriend to sleep with that song over the phone, now were married and I still sing it to her. Everything about that song is perfect and as much as I like CB, sparks is way way better!

Sparks is fucking awesome.

Charlie Brown is harmless and inoffensive, especially when compared to the two lead singles off MX, but it's not even their best song of the past year. I even liked Christmas Lights better.

I love Sparks as well. It has a cool chord progression, bassline and melody.

But I like Charlie Brown better. Christmas Lights is a boring piece of ****.

Love charlie brown, but its not even the best song on the album. hurts like heaven is my fav. its all a matter of taste. to me coldplay doesnt have a best song, they have so many great songs it impossible to choose. Sometimes clocks sounds the best, maybe its everythings not lost, politik or even death and all of his friends is great. it depends on mood and taste. also on an unrelated note, I thought this was magical

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-lKzQVSDg&feature=player_detailpage]Us Against The World - Coldplay (cover) Mike Stefaniak - YouTube[/ame]

Love charlie brown, but its not even the best song on the album. hurts like heaven is my fav. its all a matter of taste. to me coldplay doesnt have a best song, they have so many great songs it impossible to choose. Sometimes clocks sounds the best, maybe its everythings not lost, politik or even death and all of his friends is great. it depends on mood and taste. also on an unrelated note, I thought this was magical

This man gets it. The best song is always based around the feeling and your current mood. For example I love Charlie Brown, but of late I've been enjoying Paradise almost as much or more.

I loved Charlie Brown on first listen but now I'm really deeply in love with the song. It's just so happy...and not in the same way as ETIAW. I really enjoy that the band makes this song such a wonderful live experience and future-hit without resorting to cheaper tactics (see: In My Place, VLV, Paradise).

Viva is brilliant. Just because it was a radio hit doesn't mean it's a bad song...There's really nothing else like it. Unquestionably one of Martin's best lyrical works, one of his greatest melodies. What's cheap about it?

Viva is brilliant. Just because it was a radio hit doesn't mean it's a bad song...There's really nothing else like it. Unquestionably one of Martin's best lyrical works, one of his greatest melodies. What's cheap about it?

Totally agree. Viva was not planned as a single; rather, became one because of the fans, remembering that song was released as an extra in iTunes and then began to gain importance.

Well I agree that Viva is brilliant, but I was facetiously referring to the singalongs in those hits "oohohohoh", "yeahhhh", and "paraparparparpar." Charlie Brown doesn't have a chant. It barely has a chorus. Besides its catchy guitar line, it doesn't have the marks of a radio/crowd-pleaser hit.

• 2 weeks later...

So this song come from:

-Chris' scooter getting stolen and him wondering about the journey it took after

-Chris spending time in a dollhouse with his daughter

-Guy and Chris wondering what it would be like to be a cartoon

-Charlie Brown

And I swear the music video for this better be animated peanuts style and end with Chris and Linus doing a paino duet.