✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I happened to bump into Paul Epworth who was coming out of one of Coldplay's studios in North London (I work very close) I told him that I really liked his mix of Ordinary Love and asked if he was helping U2 on their new album right now? He said that he "had only been working on it with them for a short time" and before I could ask anything he said "I couldn't possibly give any insider information". He said that with a smile so I got the impression that perhaps, like we've been guessing about Dangermouse, he's sworn to secrecy at this stage. However, he did say that he was finishing up his work with Coldplay on their album which "would be released soon" but as for U2's, "No idea right now"

link

(Thanks oldmuckers)

I agree. Everything is aligning perfectly for a May release. Magic tomorrow, iTunes festival, maybe another single. I'm excited about Paul's contribution. He was able to make Paul McCartney fresh, so I can only imagine he could do what Eno did for Coldplay with Viva which was a masterpiece. I really hope.

Depending on how the next new song sounds we could well be getting an ambient type album for LP6. Then maybe later this year or much sooner than the usual 3 year gap LP7 - which could be more stripped back like the first two albums.

Yeh wishful thinking but it is rather exciting isn't it??!!!

A release in September is a bit too far away if Midnight or Magic is going to be the first LP6 single.

I agree completely. Maybe if it was just Midnight, and it was a Christmas Lights of sorts, then we'd see a release in September. But if Magic is being released tomorrow, I highly doubt we'll have to wait until the fall for LP6's release.

I agree completely. Maybe if it was just Midnight, and it was a Christmas Lights of sorts, then we'd see a release in September. But if Magic is being released tomorrow, I highly doubt we'll have to wait until the fall for LP6's release.

Maybe all the August/September hints on Twitter are referring to the start of the tour.

It still could be September.

ETIAW was released on June and MX on October (almost November).

That's almost a 5 months difference. That would take us to August/possibly beginning of SEPTEMBER this time.

I suppose, but they seem to be doing things differently this time.

I guess if Magic comes out tomorrow then it'll probably be sooner.

But if it doesn't then it may well be September like you said

Chris was seen outside The Magic Shop, they've used that place before for mixing. So it's possible that they are already mixing the album in NYC (why else would he be there?). If that's the case than we probably won't have to wait more than 6 months.

Today I happened to bump into Paul Epworth who was coming out of one of Coldplay's studios in North London (I work very close) I told him that I really liked his mix of Ordinary Love and asked if he was helping U2 on their new album right now? He said that he "had only been working on it with them for a short time" and before I could ask anything he said "I couldn't possibly give any insider information". He said that with a smile so I got the impression that perhaps, like we've been guessing about Dangermouse, he's sworn to secrecy at this stage. However, he did say that he was finishing up his work with Coldplay on their album which "would be released soon" but as for U2's, "No idea right now"

link

(Thanks oldmuckers)

No problem but I do want to make it clear that this was a post that I found on a U2 board I also visit (at the link)... which is why it talks about U2 so much. I just wanted to pass it along due to the Coldplay info but I can't promise that it is accurate as I am NOT the original poster.

Depending on how the next new song sounds we could well be getting an ambient type album for LP6. Then maybe later this year or much sooner than the usual 3 year gap LP7 - which could be more stripped back like the first two albums.

Yeh wishful thinking but it is rather exciting isn't it??!!!

We need to accept that Coldplay will not return to their roots. In small ways, they might, but not for an entire album. They keep going forward, as they should.

Is there anybody out here who think they're dropping songs out from the new album as they did during the live concerts on summer 2011, just in a different way?? It's just a clue, to me it's just hard to think of midnight out of LP6.

Is there anybody out here who think they're dropping songs out from the new album as they did during the live concerts on summer 2011, just in a different way?? It's just a clue, to me it's just hard to think of midnight out of LP6.

I think that's exactly what they're doing, just with a lot less time between releasing each song like they did in the summer of '11. I don't think Midnight will be a part of LP6 though, but it's still a good thought.

I think it's safe to say that one of the larger reasons there was such a big gap between the released of ETIAW and Mylo Xyloto was because of all the festivals they were attending throughout the summer. If I had to guess, they wanted to give us a new track to kick off the summer festivities, play some material from the record during the festivals, release the album, and then start the tour. Seeing as they don't presently have any a large string of festivals in which to perform this coming summer, I would think there's less reason for them to prolong the release of LP6 from the time of the release of its first single (tentatively "Magic").

So, my guess is that we'll have the 1st official album single - Magic - tomorrow and then the new record sometime around this May. At this very moment, Coldplay's website is acting funny when I try to access it (i.e. it kicks me to the mobile version of the website) which it was also doing just before they released "Midnight." If that's indicative of anything, it could very well be that they're preparing the website for the release of "Magic." Even more exciting to consider is that if "Magic" is the first single from LP6, they might also unveil the LP6-era website tomorrow! The prospects of what we'll see tomorrow are incredibly exciting and are making it hard for me to focus on my university studies. :P

So anyway, that's my 2 cents on the matter. Can't wait to see what happens next!