✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I must accept the fact Coldplay want to become a pop-band. :bigcry: There was no other band in the world like them prior to Mylo Xyloto. All of a sudden they're lost in the sea of mainstream music.

:bigcry:

...what?

I'm sure no one associates mainstream with Coldplay, and vice versa. Chris likes hip-hop, and even though Jay-Z was on Lost!+, everyone is forgetting that this isn't the first time a collaboration has happened.

Also: we have no idea what Mylo Xyloto sounds like yet, so don't presume they are 'just another pop band*'.

* I know you didn't say that, I was just putting that for emphasis.

. . . I really don't know what to think anymore. What's happened to our guys? Our beautiful, talented guys that created Clocks, Yellow, Fix You, A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Death And All His Friends, The Scientist, Violet Hill, Shiver, Amsterdam, Talk, Don't Panic?

I'm still going to support Coldplay through thick and thin, but . . . this is the first time I've ever said this:

I'm worried about Mylo Xyloto. I will buy it, I will listen to it, I will drive my friends nuts about it . . . but what if, for the first time, it's my friends that are blasting them in their cars on the way home from school? These are friends who fill their iPods with Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars, what does that say about Coldplay then? To be lumped in with them?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm overreacting . . . but Rihanna would be at the very bottom of my list of collaborators for the guys to choose from (along with the likes of Britanny Spears and Ke$ha).

I am not trying to be rude, but yes, you are overreacting.

Too many people are going insane tonight. This is a band; not God, nor a life-changing event. This is a band that has always made good music and regardless of two songs we have heard, they won't leave us unsatisfied.

^ But Lost! was on the album without Jay-Z, that was just on the EP. And, although I despise rappers, at least what he was rapping wasn't horrible. Although Lost! is 123098512 times better (and I think it's the 'weakest' song on Viva).

I honestly don't mind Coldplay collaborating with people as long as those other people STAY OFF MY COLDPLAY ALBUM. b-sides are fine, remixes: go ahead, bonus tracks are just great, EP's whatever you want. But I feel that Coldplay albums need to feature Coldplay and only Coldplay.

Just wait and see. I find it hilarious that people are bashing Rihanna when Coldplay outside of its fanbase are hardly respected critically or musically.

Yes, but at least Chris can sing, and even better write despite what some people might think.

I've not heard a redeeming quality in any of Rihanna's songs.

At this point, I'm hoping she features on the 'lalala' bits and that's all. I'm already feeling a bit depressed that when I turn over MX it will say 'Princess of China (feat. Rihanna)'

Yes, but at least Chris can sing, and even better write despite what some people might think.

I've not heard a redeeming quality in any of Rihanna's songs.

At this point, I'm hoping she features on the 'lalala' bits and that's all. I'm already feeling a bit depressed that when I turn over MX it will say 'Princess of China (feat. Rihanna)'

I only think it will say feat. Rihanna in the booklet inside!

I'm ready to put my head in the oven.

Just what? Seriously. What is this world I have woken up to this morning?

Since when do Coldplay duet on an album track?

Since when do they regard Rihanna to be a good artist?

Since when did PoC need tampering with?

Since when has Coldplay sold out?!

Jeez. At least I can say I saw them when they were still good.

What else the Oracle should say ? Of course she says that she likes it with Rihanna,what else ?! That she doesnt like the song ? lol...

But she said they removed it from the setlist because it didn't sound right without her and that it was written with her in mind. I think I am being won over!!:(:wink3: