✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Listening Party in Austin

DavidB5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true it's missing out on those two songs, but I don't see why so few people are willing to give this girl, who's doing us a favor, the benefit of the doubt when really nothing she's said has seemed at all fishy. I know if I got that chance, I'd have been so excited that I think some things could have blurred together, or that I wouldn't have been able to remember every little thing enough to give that much of a review of it after one listen. I'm big on cutting people slack in the first place, but I just feel like more of us should be grateful for what we're getting before acting like we're owed something we're not.

That's brilliant you can get to talk about the album, when I got to go to a listening party in 2008 for Feeder's "Silent Cry" album, we were told not to tell anyone about the album in detail and just say "It's good" etc. We were allowed to describe tracks in a way that did not go into too much detail and were allowed to say how many there were. At the time we heard 13 which later became the standard edition and 2 more appeared on the deluxe that we did not hear.

I wrote a brief write-up on the Feederweb forum which was passed as okay, only for some people to start taking guesses at what track "Miss You" was going by my descriptions (although they hadn't even heard the other tracks at the time). We were not allowed to say song titles either. Because of the guessing, I took my post down.

Wasn't Feeder's fault or the management, the label were given instructions by their owners who were Chrysalis. We did not sign any waivers either like you guys and only thing we wrote on was prepared sheets giving our thoughts, which we handed in afters.

So yup, all in all I think it's brilliant you're allowed to share your thoughts and detailed descriptions of the tracks. Really looking forward to this one even more I read about it, so thanks a bunch!.

Well, I don’t think this review is legit. The reviewer says that MX is just a short introduction, whether as The Oracle, who knows everything, said this: "MX did indeed mean Mylo Xyloto but at the festivals, as I did mention, it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven.” This makes me think that MX will be a proper song on the album

Well, I don’t think this review is legit. The reviewer says that MX is just a short introduction, whether as The Oracle, who knows everything, said this: "MX did indeed mean Mylo Xyloto but at the festivals, as I did mention, it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven.” This makes me think that MX will be a proper song on the album

It could however be a proper short instrumental :) The Oracle makes mistakes too: she also said Mylo Xyloto was a name with a meaning, but in the recent interviews we are told that it does not specifically mean anything...

It's true it's missing out on those two songs, but I don't see why so few people are willing to give this girl, who's doing us a favor, the benefit of the doubt when really nothing she's said has seemed at all fishy. I know if I got that chance, I'd have been so excited that I think some things could have blurred together, or that I wouldn't have been able to remember every little thing enough to give that much of a review of it after one listen. I'm big on cutting people slack in the first place, but I just feel like more of us should be grateful for what we're getting before acting like we're owed something we're not.

Chelsea.... Chelsea.... c'mon, you would have blurred alot out through the rush of excitement but you'd still remember SOMETHING about one of the songs that was unheard. We got absolutely nothing new.

stop being so nice! :P

I wish people would stop bringing this up when referring to Mylo Xyloto being a full song. The Oracle has NEVER said that it is.

Chelsea.... Chelsea.... c'mon, you would have blurred alot out through the rush of excitement but you'd still remember SOMETHING about one of the songs that was unheard. We got absolutely nothing new.

stop being so nice! :P

She did remember something, like that MMIX is a short intro, she remembered the production of the songs we heard (which is something I'd focus on), she remembered POC and she remembered something about DLIBYH and UWTB. And she remembered the overall sound of the album.

And she described what was going on in the room, how the other people responded. I think she was definitely there.

I wish people would stop bringing this up when referring to Mylo Xyloto being a full song. The Oracle has NEVER said that it is.

The reviewer says: Mylo Xyloto opens with the song of the same name, a tinkly, sparkling piano and xylophone track, a short musical introduction. Coldplay has also been opening their festival shows with this, and as in their live performances, on the album “MX” breezes seamlessly into the guitar-driven “Hurts Like Heaven.”

Oracle says: "it wasn't a full song, just a prelude/introduction to Hurts Like Heaven." I admit, this is not a clear cut answer, but it SUGGESTS that we have not heard the full version of Mylo Xyloto.

AND, according to the PRS database, Mylo Xyloto is a full 3:30 minutes song/instrumental.

So, it may not be a song, but I don’t think it is the “short musical introduction”, but then it depends how you define short.

She did remember something, like that MMIX is a short intro, she remembered the production of the songs we heard (which is something I'd focus on), she remembered POC and she remembered something about DLIBYH and UWTB. And she remembered the overall sound of the album.

And she described what was going on in the room, how the other people responded. I think she was definitely there.

M.M.I.X being a short intro is something that was rumoured when the tracklisting was released, UWTB is rumoured to have a slow but building tempo because every other final album track has, all that was mentioned about POC was that rhianna's voice was subtle- this is hardly classed as information at all. We know nothing about DLIBYH except that she compared it to another song off the album. I'm sorry but none of these statements that she provided are anything less than vague.

I'm not saying that I don't believe her. I'm saying that I find it of no substance that she didn't know anything about AHT or UFO (songs without news or even rumours) AT ALL. not a sausage.

she has no physical proof she was there. I don't know, maybe a photo of her outside the hotel, or at ACL with her husband. something, anything tangible. There's just nothing and right now and it's crazier to believe this stranger than to find a reason to believe she was actually there. and then there's the fact that she didn't mention it until somebody posted a thread about it asking if somebody was there. so... what? she was able to come online while she was at ACL and post about being there and then say 'wait two days for the review as I can't get online or talk about it' - she couldn't even say something like 'I will say this.... M.M.I.X is an instrumental.' or 'Rhianna is good'??? in fact she came online again to say how funny the thread was the day after but that we'd still have to wait another day for the review?? no, I'm sorry but c'mon. I know it's a lovely thought given that it's a positive review and so many people are hating on it already before it's release, I just think a grain of salt should be taken until anything she says can be substantialised.

No... the PRS database says that Up With The Birds is 3.30. The two songs were posted at the same time hence the confusion, but as far as I could recall a track length wasn't posted for Mylo Xyloto.

This. MX doesn't have a registered length at all on the database.