✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ITV: Coldplay confirmed to perform on X Factor Final on Sunday 11th December at Wembley Arena

busybeeburns

I couldn't agree more. I grew up listening to Neil Diamond and Julio Iglesias albums on repeat, my parents' music obsession - I know all the lyrics in English and Spanish too. :)

Not to disrespect either of them, but I'm proud that Coldplay is my music obsession and both my kids adore them. Maybe one day they'll really appreciate it instead of rolling their eyes as my sister and I often do remembering the dining room family dance sessions to 'Love on the Rocks'. Feel like yesterday...

Oh now look what you did! You sent me running to youtube for D'abord...Et Puis. I don't know what the English title is. But 1x Julio Iglesias is mentioned, that's the tune that always comes in my head right away.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched it on youtube and charlie brown was incredible! looked like an amazing atmosphere.

and this is just my opinion but i cringe when they play paradise live :\ Chris has gotten better at singing it though it's just not a live song that he can pull of as well as CB

Being from the US, i'm ashamed at the lack of love MX has gotten. I am a HUGE fan of MX. I rarely hear much from the radio and it disappoints me. Maybe it's just me that hasn't heard a lot from it. I am so happy people overseas seem to love it! I feel if most people from the states saw this performance, sales would sky rocket!

Being from the US, i'm ashamed at the lack of love MX has gotten. I am a HUGE fan of MX. I rarely hear much from the radio and it disappoints me. Maybe it's just me that hasn't heard a lot from it. I am so happy people overseas seem to love it! I feel if most people from the states saw this performance, sales would sky rocket!

I think its going to happen with at least CB...took three months for Paradise to hit number 1 in the UK...Either CB or Princess of China. I think CB will do it though...best damned song in a long time. How can you not want to jump when you hear it? :D

+1

More Mylo love please! Do you think they might play at the Grammys? Could something like this be pulled off? Everyone... would be stunned and amazed.

They did the Grammys in 2009 with Chris starting on Piano with Lost and Jay Z then they did Viva with a t-shirt that was too short. I remember thinking um, Chris, I love you, but your shirt is too small!! I was thinking maybe they would perform with Rihanna on that show...

I'm looking forward to the "aftershock".

Apparently, a lot of people watched this crap so I'm hoping Paradise will jump to #1.

For the time being, Teardrop was #6 UK, #14 US and Paradise was #7 UK, #15 US.

And they really should release Charlie Brown (and the video) ASAP, like this week.

They made a mistake with Paradise, it should have been released with the video.

The video+song made a much grander impression on me.

287065-x-factor-finals-2011-coldplay-are-in-paradise-as-they-make-their-x-factor-debut-280x157.jpg

X Factor Final: Coldplay are in Paradise as they make their X Factor debut

Coldplay took the 10,000-strong audience at Wembley to Paradise with their first ever performance on the X Factor.

The four-piece showed Little Mix and Marcus Collins how to light up a stadium as they made their X Factor debut on the final show of the series.

Coldplay performed two songs from the Mylo Xyloto album and it was a luminous sea of colours as the rockers started their set with next single Charlie Brown.

The lyrics ‘We’ll be glowing in the dark’ could not have been more true as the audience and judges wore fluorescent wristbands which flashed along to the music.

There were multi-coloured spirals and a 60s feel to the stage as Coldplay changed the pace and took the crowds to Paradise with their rendition.

Chris Martin changed from acoustic guitar to fluorescent piano for the second of the songs and with confetti falling down from the Wembley roof it was hard to remember it wasn’t a show from the Coldplay tour.

And after an energetic performance Chris Martin’s advice to up-and-coming stars Little Mix and Marcus Collins was: “Don’t get too sweaty.”

He also told Dermot: “I’ve loved [the X Factor] and we’re so happy to be on – it’s great.”

Ahead of the show Chris Martin had spoken about his excitement at being asked to appear on the famous stage to Absolute Radio: “We really feel grateful for it because they don't often have bands on and we get to play what we want to play and play songs that we wrote, and no-one's asking us to change anything. It's amazing.”

http://programmes.stv.tv/the-x-factor/news/287065-x-factor-finals-2011-coldplay-are-in-paradise-as-they-make-their-x-factor-debut/

this is sooooo crazy! i dont like any kind of reality shows much, but well, i only saw the coldplay part yesterday! chris was really in his element and in the best form (though seemingly very VERY sweaty) .

I am so happy they played charlie brown rather than ETIAW , I dont think that is coldplay's best. The impact of those air shots just whooping to cp was marvellous!:D:laugh3:

c6ojq01zAMk_0.jpg

Coldplay audience swirls color with lighted wristbands on ‘X Factor’

Coldplay got some great color during the live performance of X Factor on Sunday. The band was at the Wembley Arena performing live their hits for the television show. The finale had plenty of drama when the two final acts were being decided upon, but the music lovers were definitely rocking out with the band.

Whether at home watching live or in the Arena, the opportunity to see how technology was used had everyone impressed with Coldplay’s ingenuity. Performing on television is sometimes difficult. Sharing the best of the moment on film unfortunately can hamper the live audience. Yet, when Coldplay brought out the glowing wristbands, the band satisfied both audiences and got an amazing concert moment as well.

The wristbands were used during the performance so as the fans waved their arms, the bands lit up the dark night. Rotating in colors, the sea of people actually gave off the impression of a gigantic sign floating in the air. A delightful presence not seen on television before, several of the audience members captured how it looked as a fan standing in the middle of the sea of colors.

Take a look at the Coldplay performance and check out the amazing wristbands at the 1:20 mark on the clip. In colors that covered every part of the rainbow, it was a wonderful way to enjoy the X Factor finale.

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headlines-in-national/coldplay-audience-swirls-color-with-lighted-wristbands-x-factor-finale-video

EPIC !

That was just brilliant ! A MASSIVE performance from the band. I don't think Chris was stressed, he was just knackered ! Let's not forget Johnny, Guy and Will...they are all as equally as important. I was so hyper after the show, that I was on the net booking two tickets for Sunderland in June. Also looking at Nice in May.......Coldplay are just AWESOME. Oh.....and did a little girlie band win ?????????????? Can't remember !!!!!!!!!!

right i am now going to have a go at all the people who said that coldplay were not good last night. ok chris did hit a few bum notes but what do you expect from a live performance from someone who has done 4 two hr shows and then the x factor in a week. plus they did sing live if they had been mimming then people would have complained they cant win.

I THINK COLDPLAY SHOULD HAVE WON THE X FACTOR BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!

On the youtube video description: "an energetic, uplifting rendition of Glowing In The Dark" lolwut?

:facepalm: LOLZ. Fail. Bet that journalist feels a right numpty :lol:

I wasn't happy that they went on it but...

it was probably the best thing thats ever been on ITV!

they turned it into a Coldplay show!

EPIC!

This :D I was not at all happy that they'd agreed to do the show and I absolutely HATED the idea of them dueting with one of the finalists. Thankgod they refused (if the reports are to be believed). As rampantly defensive as I am of the boys, I'm not sure I would have been able to forgive them if they'd gone ahead with a duet :laugh3: So glad they've chosen Charlie Brown as the next single, it's such a euphoric colourful song that epitomises MX as a whole perfectly. And I think they're the only band ever to play two songs on the show in one go.

They totally nailed the performance and pretty much stole the show off everyone, including the awful girl band winner. The final results were a total anti-climax after the awesome spectacle of the wristbands and their REAL musical talent :awesome:

It was a great idea giving them to the audience for the performance because from what I saw of the reaction on Twitter a lot of viewers (some of which think of themselves as fans :dozey:) had no idea about them or that they'd already been used at previous gigs and were all freaking out over how awesome it was and saying how desperate they were to get tickets to see them live in the sold out summer stadium shows :D Ah, the wonders of flashing wristbands, a bit of confetti and a handsome bass player :lol:

Again judging from twitter the publicity they got last night has created a massive jump-on-the-band-wagon following of new fans, particularly teenagers who A. Thought their music was dreary/bland/depressing before they heard Charlie Brown or/and B. Didn't realise how hot Chris Martin was before he got tanned and started going to the gym :lol: