✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ITV: Coldplay confirmed to perform on X Factor Final on Sunday 11th December at Wembley Arena

busybeeburns

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the performance again and i just have to say that Guy looked really miserable and it looks like he just didn't want to be there at all, unlike will.

Yes indeed, he looked like "WTF am I doing here!?"

Again judging from twitter the publicity they got last night has created a massive jump-on-the-band-wagon following of new fans, particularly teenagers who A. Thought their music was dreary/bland/depressing before they heard Charlie Brown or/and B. Didn't realise how hot Chris Martin was before he got tanned and started going to the gym :lol:

Ahahaha! :laugh4: Spot on!

I watched the performance again and i just have to say that Guy looked really miserable and it looks like he just didn't want to be there at all, unlike will.

He may looked like that but still being sexy, as like Coldplay & Chris Martin he was trending worldwide right after their performance :charming:

:facepalm: LOLZ. Fail. Bet that journalist feels a right numpty :lol:

This :D I was not at all happy that they'd agreed to do the show and I absolutely HATED the idea of them dueting with one of the finalists. Thankgod they refused (if the reports are to be believed). As rampantly defensive as I am of the boys, I'm not sure I would have been able to forgive them if they'd gone ahead with a duet :laugh3: So glad they've chosen Charlie Brown as the next single, it's such a euphoric colourful song that epitomises MX as a whole perfectly. And I think they're the only band ever to play two songs on the show in one go.

They totally nailed the performance and pretty much stole the show off everyone, including the awful girl band winner. The final results were a total anti-climax after the awesome spectacle of the wristbands and their REAL musical talent :awesome:

It was a great idea giving them to the audience for the performance because from what I saw of the reaction on Twitter a lot of viewers (some of which think of themselves as fans :dozey:) had no idea about them or that they'd already been used at previous gigs and were all freaking out over how awesome it was and saying how desperate they were to get tickets to see them live in the sold out summer stadium shows :D Ah, the wonders of flashing wristbands, a bit of confetti and a handsome bass player :lol:

Again judging from twitter the publicity they got last night has created a massive jump-on-the-band-wagon following of new fans, particularly teenagers who A. Thought their music was dreary/bland/depressing before they heard Charlie Brown or/and B. Didn't realise how hot Chris Martin was before he got tanned and started going to the gym :lol:

Paul McCartney did two songs.

I'm all for proper bands playing on the X Factor. Show them all that there is no substitute for hard work and songwriting. But the duet thing... No.

+1

More Mylo love please! Do you think they might play at the Grammys? Could something like this be pulled off? Everyone... would be stunned and amazed.

They HAVE to perform at the Grammys this year. I feel its gotta be Charlie Brown with the xylobands, or maybe a duet with Rhianna in POC. Everyone here thinks shes the greatest thing ever lol

Teenagers who A. Thought their music was dreary/bland/depressing before they heard Charlie Brown or/and B. Didn't realise how hot Chris Martin was before he got tanned and started going to the gym :lol:

So I never, ever, ever believed in A (I've always loved their music with all of my heart and defended it when it was called 'depressing' - which, to this day, I maintain it is NOT!) but are we saying that B is a bad reason to love Coldplay? :laugh3:

Because while it's not the main thing I adore them for, obviously, it isn't a bad bonus... :lol: Just sayin' ;)

Thanks for the video! Charlie Brown has become my new favourite.

Paradise was ok too. ;)

Actually it was, still get goosebumps during Jonny's solo.

Yeah, why can't Jonny shred it on the studio version as much as he does live? I love his guitar solo on the live version of Paradise, it is brilliant.

Paradise is one of my favourite Coldplay tracks EVER!

Must video my soon to be four year old (who is word perfect, pretty much) singing the track and upload it!

Sort of makes me sad that Guy (and possibly Will) didn't seem too comfortable performing :(

But in the end I think it was a great move. I know it's sort of appealing to a new generation of teens, but it's not like they're changing their music for that - it's still the Coldplay we know and love. And because of this performance, my Facebook/Twitter has exploded with people amazed by the performance - sort of feel like saying 'I told you so!'

They (Chris) said they always suck when they perform at shows. Always. :(

They did suck at the EMAs, but that's cool cuz the EMAs are worse than AIDS.

They did pretty amazing at the Brits when they did Clocks. But then Chris thinks they always suck.

Loved R42's blog today. Total two fingers up to the haters i.e. pretentious indie hipster snobs who disown a band when they get more than ten fans.

Yeah, Coldplay got popular (God knows they always deserved it) and they want to make their kind of music the norm, rather than soulless, generic crap. See nothing wrong with that, and if they decided to go on X Factor then that's their choice. Personally, I thought they were great.

Forever in agreement with 42 :D

Got to love this guy though:

Thomas Groves @tmtgroves 11 Dec

Real musicians playing real instruments, the majority of the viewing public of X Factor will be really confused by this. #coldplay :lol:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: A.W.E.S.O.M.E. ! ! !

• 1 month later...