✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rihanna announcement

zsbassman42

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although one would think she would know how to properly show the name of the band after working with them. :|

/ the p should not be capitalized

My friends @ColdPlay and I will be sharing the stage for a performance at this years Annual Grammy Awards!

:blank:

btw, I voted no.

I'm interested to see it tbh....mostly to see how Chris handles a half naked Rihanna grinding up against him :P

I would have hoped this meant that they're not going to do it at the Brits though, would be a wasted opportunity to showcase more of MX if they did the same song twice, although I know they will...this is Coldplay after all :P

I voted no.

It has the potential to be the most awkward thing ever. Like the nerds at school having to interact with the cheerleader or any other sort of cringe-like movie scenario.

I think it worked with Jay-Z because they were genuine friends. I think that Rihanna and Coldplay worked together more because of a 'friend-of-a-friend' thing which means they won't have the same ease of flow together.

Plus, Rihanna spelling their name wrong, totes doesn't bode well. It certainly shows she didn't/doesn't really care about the band on any other level than a commercial one. And okay, that's fine, but I'm not a massive fan of working with people because you should opposed to wanting to.

The performance might make me eat my words. Will have to wait and see.

I'm interested to see it tbh....mostly to see how Chris handles a half naked Rihanna grinding up against him :P

I would have hoped this meant that they're not going to do it at the Brits though, would be a wasted opportunity to showcase more of MX if they did the same song twice, although I know they will...this is Coldplay after all :P

Basically all of this plus I think they're either going to absolutely nail it or it will be a complete disaster.

I hope Chris keeps his cool. He's a grown man now. :lol:

Ugh, she didn't even write Coldplay right :blank:

And no, I'm not looking forward to it.

This :nod:

I'm sorry (actually I'm not cause it's my opinion) I can't stand her and how she sings and acts on stage, for what I endured to see in the past..I'm probably not even gonna be bothered to see this since I dislike PoC from the bottom of my heart.

Also this makes me wonder if the duet won't happen at the Brits then, and they will play Charlie Brown instead in that occasion, which would be awesome since they have to promote it

edit: I hadn't seen Mich's answer about the Brits :P

I voted no...

But I'm recording the Grammy's, and I always skip the crappy performances (so pretty much the whole show).. So I don't care..I'll probably fast forward it as soon as 'Riri' jumps on stage half naked.

Haha, this made me laugh:lol:

Thanks Mimi, now I've got the image of a grinding Rihanna against Chris stuck in my head:P I don't think they will perform PoC on the Brits as well as the Grammys. Else Riannha (yeah I know) would've mentioned that..

Basically all of this plus I think they're either going to absolutely nail it or it will be a complete disaster.

I hope Chris keeps his cool. He's a grown man now. :lol:

I totally agree, it could be either amazing of really awkward. We'll just have to wait and see..

Although I'm not a fan of the song, it would be interesting to see how Chris and Rihanna interact on stage; so in that sense, yes I'm looking forward to it. I predict Chris' behavior will be that of an awkward schoolboy.

This, except from the fact that I like the song. Looking forward to seeing it.

Bit confusing organization:

Just from the commercial point of view, they had some buzz about Charlie Brown on the radio and X-Factor, everything good, and then the video-shoot and a maybe early February release.

Of course, they can't reschedule the Grammy's, but if they want PoC to be a single (quiet likely I think) then that would be a good moment.

After they've maybe won a Grammy (are they nominated ?) and rocked the show with a cool performance, then would be a good time to release PoC.

I'm really curious what song will be the next single, for both they have good reasons. And I don't think they would scrap one of the songs, both are valuable.

^Yes, I'm a bit worried they decide to switch and release PoC first. Releasing CB & performing only PoC right after that would be a bit confusing and wouldn't put all the light on CB, which totally deserves it (actually I even think CB deserves more than Paradise has had, but that's just my opinion).

This was published today on the official website of Grammy!

"Current GRAMMY nominees Coldplay and Rihanna will perform live together for the first time, and nominee and 2012 MusiCares Person of the Year Paul McCartney is set to perform as part of the stellar lineup for the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards. Additional performers, presenters and special segments will be announced soon."

Here I attached the publication

http://www.grammy.com/news/more-grammy-performers-announced-1