✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

I ordered my bundle the evening of the day it was announced & I was wondering if I was getting a litho or not, since it's limited.Customer service got back to me.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Your order is for the Lithograph and will be numbered.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Kelly Alveranga

Customer Service

So it looks like all of us who ordered the litho package will get it. :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps because of PR reasons - no one need long boring gig except fans. This film would be the mix of the best possible concert footage and artistic presentation. U2 3D only 85 minutes long. So it's not a surprise.

So Warning Sign, Speed of Sound and Lovers in Japan are boring song? :stunned:

So Warning Sign, Speed of Sound and Lovers in Japan are boring song? :stunned:

Nope. The point is for producers 90 minutes show better than 120 minutes. Because it's easier to sell to wide audience. This is the very same reason why album is only 40 minutes long. It's more solid and energetic. And youngsters nowadays hardly can listen something long and twisty.

Am I the only one who just feels lucky there is going to be a DVD at all?

I didn't get to the Hollywood Bowl shows--I thought I was trying to save money (big mistake in retrospect), so I'm glad I have something to note the MX tour by.

No you are not :) I'm with you on this.

People complained when there wasn't a dvd for the viva tour, now people complain because there is a dvd for this tour but it doesn't have what they wish to see on it. :P

No you are not :) I'm with you on this.

People complained when there wasn't a dvd for the viva tour, now people complain because there is a dvd for this tour but it doesn't have what they wish to see on it. :P

And we got an EP during the Viva era! And in 2011 we got a Christmas song! I feel lucky that Coldplay reaches out to their fans this way, I don't feel gypped at all about a shorter DVD. I am just glad it's coming! They could have really just put out the album and been done with it.

Perhaps because of PR reasons - no one need long boring gig except fans. This film would be the mix of the best possible concert footage and artistic presentation. U2 3D only 85 minutes long. So it's not a surprise.

I guess all my live dvd's are boring then lol :) :smug:

U2 have released like ehmm, 8 live dvd's? So thats a great collection of concerts for the U2 fans. After releasing that many, yeah you can expect a band to do something what they want.

I think Coldplay, with releasing only their second live dvd, should think a little bit more about what the people want that have been supporting them for so long, and have been looking out for this dvd expecting a full setlist. A dvd with their favourite performances.. like LIJ, SOS, WS.

And with adding just these 3 it doesnt become that much longer. People were all saying that the show was too short when they started with the MX tour.

But, oh well.. I dont have a magic wand, so I can not make it a full concert. It is what it is..

I'm not really a huge fan of The Scientist, still It's a classic, highlight on the show and it hasn't been released on a live audio yet. So why not puting it on the CD? Even Violet Hill was alredy released on a live version on the Live In Madrid EP! And Clocks has like 10 versions!

This is great news, although I'm definitely sad not to see SoS on here. There are so many that we don't have live on a dvd yet. Same with LiJ. I know they have to keep a lot of their major hits on there, but a good chunk of the repeat songs will be too similar to the Live 2003 versions. Very happy that DLIBYH is an extra. I'm guessing since this project was always toted as a 'film' it'll be the song performances interjected with tour diary stuff, so it's more like a movie than a concert dvd. I think that'll be a nice change and since DLIBYH and The Scientist are bonuses on their own, I'm thinking you'll be able to select each performance like you would on a regular concert dvd. It's also nice it's at multiple venues - just makes it more interesting and the change in stage/people is always good. I have some other concert DVDs that just get old after a while...

Can't wait to see what this looks like in HD! Ordered the blu-ray from Amazon so I get it on release day :D

I guess all my live dvd's are boring then lol :) :smug:

U2 have released like ehmm, 8 live dvd's? So thats a great collection of concerts for the U2 fans. After releasing that many, yeah you can expect a band to do something what they want.

I think Coldplay, with releasing only their second live dvd, should think a little bit more about what the people want that have been supporting them for so long, and have been looking out for this dvd expecting a full setlist. A dvd with their favourite performances.. like LIJ, SOS, WS.

And with adding just these 3 it doesnt become that much longer. People were all saying that the show was too short when they started with the MX tour.

But, oh well.. I dont have a magic wand, so I can not make it a full concert. It is what it is..

It's not a concert DVD, don't confuse. It's a movie about MX Tour. This is different. Also there are many different opinions what tracks should be included or excluded. All in all we should be thankful they at last release something official. For previous tours you can easily find some broadcasting for TV, it's not a problem. Also they are "shorty" too.