✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange XIV CLOSED! XVI coming soon!!! Very soon!

DiOli05

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi marie :uhoh:

thanks for the review!! I'm glad you liked some of it. I was originally going to make a mix that was less obviously made by me but I gave up

Ok partner, I was late, but here is your review, at last. First of all, thanks for the beautiful artwork :kiss:

mmtlyu.jpg

i thought this was the best bit of the tape tbh

1. Like the quiet intro. It may be a little too quite, but it's pretty awesome. It picks up a little bit and gets my interest back when the voice comes in. Nice start so far.

this is The Shallows - Groeni

He's one guy from my city. I really like this song but his other stuff is kinda weird.

2. Okay, favourite song of the tape, after 3 listens of the hole thing and 10 of this one song. Love the 8-bit sounds, they fit perfectly with the light beat in the back. I honestly loved it without the vocals, and maybe I would have left it like that, but after a few listens, it's just as good with or without vocals. Great one :heart:

Miasma Sky - Baths

yay! this is pretty new, I saw him play in November last year and he played this and ahhh :dead: it's so pretty

3. What a dark atmosphere this one has, so deep and idk, it feels almsot personal. While the song itself doesn't impress me, the atmosphere it conveys got me.

Without You (ft. Kerry Leatham) - Lapalux

Yeah, the atmosphere in this song is pretty incredible. Lapalux is probably my favourite electronic musician around right now.

4. It's lovely. Her voice is very nice, and the music that surrounds it isn't pop-ish, it's hard to qualify, it's just good. Nice one.

Devotion - Jessie Ware

I really like Jessie Ware, while her songs aren't exactly special, the songs are produced by some more interesting musicians than you would expect from an indie pop-ish record.

5. Okay, you couldn't know that, but I've never been very fond of that voice effect. Sorry, not my cup of tea :\

Funny because this is called Tea Leaf Dancers - Flying Lotus

6. I know this. My ex used to be crazy about them, and while I never listened to that song by myself, i know it because of her haha. I always liked the little guitar bit , as short as it is. Hip-hop and rap have never been my kinds of music, but there are a few exceptions. This one can be considered as such.

Vibes and Stuff - A Tribe Called Quest

okay so I knew you didn't like rap so I tried to give you a few different examples of the stuff I really like. I used to hate rap with all my heart but now it's probably my favourite genre so it's real important to me to give people examples of some good stuff. hah.

7. Ahh I'm sorry. This one isn't an exception :/

Blow My High (Members Only) - Kendrick Lamar

Thought this might be a bit of a risk. I just like how it's about Aaliyah :tongue:

8. This one is. Possibly because of the piano chords in the back, and idk I know nothing of that kind of music, but his voice reminds me of Kanye's. Thanks for showing me songs of that kind of music btw, I don't listen to it often enough.

The Book Of Soul - Ab-Soul

I'm really glad you like this. It was one of my favourite songs of last year. I've come real close to crying a few times while listening to it, it's about Ab-Soul's girlfriend of 7 years who commited suicide :(

I'd really like to say he had more songs like this, but he doesn't...

9. That's gotta be the cutest track off the mixtape. Very different from the tracks before nad it's kinda refreshing. I think it is beautiful, really. I wonder how many xylos were playing at the same time. One of my favourites off the tape. :heart:

Keep - Nils Frahm

I just put this in so I could have a better transition to the more electronic stuff. I really love it though. I like music where you can hear the sound of the pianist hitting the piano and it's almost like you can hear the room he's in too.

10. This one's a catchy one. The beat is catchy, the vocals are catchy. Nice one.

Stick To My Side - Pathu Du Prince

feat. Panda Bear from Animal Collective

11. I love this one. It starts off slow, and more and more sounds keep being added to the tune. I would've left it vocals-less too, but that's my preference. Thanks for this one :heart:

Ikopol - Dauwd

ooh, wasn't sure if you'd like this. I'm a sucker for nice + pretty dance music

12. Nice tune for the outtro. Very experimental, imo. Not a favourite but it closes off well. I like the parts where the beat stops better, because the synths are so beautiful, I feel like I can be transported somewhere.

Sais - Floating Points

more beautiful dance music. I can't get over this song. It really is like being transported somewhere...

I'd like to thank my partner for this tape that obviously doesn't reflect my everyday type of music. My favourites are tracks 2, 9 and 11. Overall, I enjoyed the mixtape very much.

yr welcome! I'm glad you liked it. :nice:

1. The Shallows - Groeni

2. Miasma Sky - Baths

3. Without You (ft. Kerry Leatham) - Lapalux

4. Devotion - Jessie Ware

5. Tea Leaf Dancers - Flying Lotus

6. Vibes and Stuff - A Tribe Called Quest

7. Blow My High (Members Only) - Kendrick Lamar

8. The Book Of Soul - Ab-Soul

9. Keep - Nils Frahm

10. Stick To My Side - Pathu Du Prince

11. Ikopol - Dauwd

12. Sais - Floating Points

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdtksmr46666yb5

Devotion - Jessie Ware

I really like Jessie Ware, while her songs aren't exactly special, the songs are produced by some more interesting musicians than you would expect from an indie pop-ish record.

Funny, she's playing here tomorrow night. They're advertising heavily, and I keep forgetting to look her up, doing now...

Funny because this is called Tea Leaf Dancers - Flying Lotus

Keep - Nils Frahm

I just put this in so I could have a better transition to the more electronic stuff. I really love it though. I like music where you can hear the sound of the pianist hitting the piano and it's almost like you can hear the room he's in too.

Stick To My Side - Pathu Du Prince

feat. Panda Bear from Animal Collective

Ikopol - Dauwd

ooh, wasn't sure if you'd like this. I'm a sucker for nice + pretty dance music

Sais - Floating Points

more beautiful dance music. I can't get over this song. It really is like being transported somewhere...

nom, nom download!

I got a permission denied as well :(

Jessie Ware is good pop

ah and thanks people that let us know why the mixtape reviewing takes as long as it does, it's nice to hear that people are listening to it and a review is in the make :awesome:

Rattlesnake Highway

Big Sun Coast Highway

First impression when i hear the music is that it's a very happy song, but i can't really decide whether the lyrics are happy or not. The bright tone their singing in isn't really something I like very much but this song was good :)

Carmel Valley Road

Good beat to start the song, and the lyrics are interesting. Sometimes i struggle to make out exactly what they are singing though. Overall not quiet as good as the first song, but still alright :)

Going-to-the-Sun Road

This sounds very much like 60-70'ish rock n' roll. I recognize the singer but i can't make out who it is. I like this song more than the previous two, and when you tell me who made it, i'll go check for more songs :)

Road to Hana

This sounds like something i know, but i'm not sure. The lyrics make me wanna call this name The Clock or something because he keeps going on about a ticking clock on the wall. Pretty good song overall. :)

Million Dollar Highway

This song didn't appeal to me at all, sorry. Sounds kind of electro/pop/rock'ish but i honestly have no idea. Very bright sounding and singer sounds happy though. :)

Overseas Highway

It sounds like you can dance to this song. Really catchy and I've listened too it several times. I don't really know what else to say about this song tbh but it's the catchiest song so far. :)

Park Loop Road

Just like the previous song this one has a very catchy beat, but imo the singing don't really fit in with the music. The song is okay though and I guess I can start appreciating it more if i give it some time. :)

Dixie Highway

This sounds like rock being played with the speakers bass level put to about 1 or 2. The lyrics and the way he sings this song is kind of repetitive, but the good music makes up for that. Overall this song was alright. :)

Appalachian Trail

Music seems new but it's as if they are trying to sound old, and they did a pretty good job. The singing though isn't the best. Way too bright for my taste, so not really a song that i liked. :)

Lunalilo Freeway

At first this sounds a bit mysterious. The music builds up and eventually kind of explodes with drums and sirens. The suddenly it almost starts over. Again the song has very bright singing but in this song it fits better with the music so imo this is one of the better songs on the tape. :)

Tail of the Dragon

First thought that crossed my mind is that it sounds almost like on of my favorite Swedish bands, but then it didn't. Again it's the singing the doesn't appeal to me. Bright and a bit screemy. I like the music though so i enjoyed this song. :)

Mohawk Trail

This song has a very rock'ish sound too it. It's the type of music that i like, but i've never heard this one before and i have no idea what band it is. Overall i like this song really much and it's probably the best song on the entire mixtape. :)

Tornado Valley

Very interesting last song. The lyrics are fast and without pause for quiet a while. The music is good and the lyrics are quiet amusing. I liked this song almost as much as the last one and i'll definitely keep listening too it after this. :)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?1a6mw63kyx78p6k

overall this mixtape wasn't something I'd put on my phone playlist, although a few songs might make it on there for now. I guess you and I have different tastes in music, but i enjoyed listening to these songs and i'm looking forward to the next exchange :)

Alright, I was your mixtape maker. Nice to meet you officially. :lol:

Rattlesnake Highway[/size]

Big Sun Coast Highway

First impression when i hear the music is that it's a very happy song, but i can't really decide whether the lyrics are happy or not. The bright tone their singing in isn't really something I like very much but this song was good :)

I'd say it's a really happy song-- even if the lyrics can be a little melancholy at times. Song is called 'Club of Rome' and it's by a little known band called The Cads.

Carmel Valley Road

Good beat to start the song, and the lyrics are interesting. Sometimes i struggle to make out exactly what they are singing though. Overall not quiet as good as the first song, but still alright :)

Hah, yeah the vocalist isn't the most pronounced guy in the world-- both singing and chatting.

Going-to-the-Sun Road

This sounds very much like 60-70'ish rock n' roll. I recognize the singer but i can't make out who it is. I like this song more than the previous two, and when you tell me who made it, i'll go check for more songs :)

I doubt you would know the singer-- even if he does sound like a lot of other bands. It's actually a really new band called Temples who do the whole retro outfit really well (they've only got one single out so far. Get in now whilst they're hot!)

Road to Hana

This sounds like something i know, but i'm not sure. The lyrics make me wanna call this name The Clock or something because he keeps going on about a ticking clock on the wall. Pretty good song overall. :)

Until you just pointed that out I never even thought about their massive thing about ticking and clocks on this song. It's called Honey though :p

Million Dollar Highway

This song didn't appeal to me at all, sorry. Sounds kind of electro/pop/rock'ish but i honestly have no idea. Very bright sounding and singer sounds happy though. :)

Huh, that surprises me that you didn't like it. I thought it was going to be one of the safer options out of them. Shows how much I know. I'd say it's this new breed of indie music which has a lot of synths and stuff coming through.

Overseas Highway

It sounds like you can dance to this song. Really catchy and I've listened too it several times. I don't really know what else to say about this song tbh but it's the catchiest song so far. :)

Yes. I love this song too, definitely horrendously catchy. One of the best songs on this band's album actually... They're called Fiction and this track is Museum.

Park Loop Road

Just like the previous song this one has a very catchy beat, but imo the singing don't really fit in with the music. The song is okay though and I guess I can start appreciating it more if i give it some time. :)

Yeah the vocalist is a little bit of a juxtaposition on this one. You have really bright music and then he's got a really deep voice. Lovely guy though. It's a Canadian band called Hooded Fang.

Dixie Highway

This sounds like rock being played with the speakers bass level put to about 1 or 2. The lyrics and the way he sings this song is kind of repetitive, but the good music makes up for that. Overall this song was alright. :)

With these guys they literally play so loudly that you can't ever hear their bass anyway. :p Named JAWS.

Appalachian Trail

Music seems new but it's as if they are trying to sound old, and they did a pretty good job. The singing though isn't the best. Way too bright for my taste, so not really a song that i liked. :)

Definitely is another new music one... I think this was released maybe in January and it's only their second EP so... Ah shame you didn't like the vocalist, it is an acquired taste I guess.

Lunalilo Freeway

At first this sounds a bit mysterious. The music builds up and eventually kind of explodes with drums and sirens. The suddenly it almost starts over. Again the song has very bright singing but in this song it fits better with the music so imo this is one of the better songs on the tape. :)

I wouldn't call the singing bright really. It's a pseudo falsetto for the verses and then the choruses have the better representation of what the rest of their stuff sounds like. Anyway this song is called 'Young' and it's by a London band called LULS

Tail of the Dragon

First thought that crossed my mind is that it sounds almost like on of my favorite Swedish bands, but then it didn't. Again it's the singing the doesn't appeal to me. Bright and a bit screemy. I like the music though so i enjoyed this song. :)

Haha, you might want to check out some of their stuff on their album actually as these guys have 2 vocalists-- Sam and Chilli-- and it's Chilli singing this one. Sam's voice is a lot lower and croonier to Chilli's snarls. Anyway can you tell I really, really like these guys (it's in my signature a lot too actually)? :p 'Best of Friends' by Palma Violets

Mohawk Trail

This song has a very rock'ish sound too it. It's the type of music that i like, but i've never heard this one before and i have no idea what band it is. Overall i like this song really much and it's probably the best song on the entire mixtape. :)

Again I'm going to say it's unlikely you will have heard it before as they're also pretty new to the scene. I'm glad you like them so much. It's a duo (who are brothers) called Drenge.

Tornado Valley

Very interesting last song. The lyrics are fast and without pause for quiet a while. The music is good and the lyrics are quiet amusing. I liked this song almost as much as the last one and i'll definitely keep listening too it after this. :)

Their entire album is like this actually, they have a great narrative and they definitely touch on all the forbidden subjects :p (the album actually comes out beginning of next month). They're called Filthy Boy (and you can tell why!)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?1a6mw63kyx78p6k

overall this mixtape wasn't something I'd put on my phone playlist, although a few songs might make it on there for now. I guess you and I have different tastes in music, but i enjoyed listening to these songs and i'm looking forward to the next exchange :)

Sorry it wasn't all perfect for you but yeah, I'd say we definitely have different tastes :p I went for a mixtape full of the newest, freshest things basically-- all of the songs have come out in the last few months and all the bands (except one) have their debuts coming out (or already come out) in this year.

So anyway the tracklisting was:

1) Club of Rome - The Cads

2) Blue Velvet- Childhood

3) Shelter Song- Temples

4) Honey- Swim Deep

5) Need It- Splashh

6) Museum- Fiction

7) Green River- Hooded Fang

8) Surround You- JAWS

9) Basketball- Francobollo

10) Young- LULS

11) Best of Friends- Palma Violets

12) Bloodsports- Drenge

13) Naughty Corner- Filthy Boy.

And the link is here for interested parties: http://www.mediafire.com/?1a6mw63kyx78p6k

I have a couple of bonus tracks that I would say go along with these that I didn't put on because they wouldn't work in the flow/I wasn't allowed to put on as I had them as press releases: Peace- Delicious, Sin Fang- Young Boys, Gabriel Bruce- Perfect Weather, Hares- Coastlines, Tropics- Pop-up Cinema

Whoops. I think someone else has my mixtape. I didn't have any of those songs in my mixtape.

I pm you.

I have not heard anything from the people that has not send me their mix tapes :/

So I have 3 people without mix tapes and three mix tapes without people :/

My Review

Here is my review of my partner’s mix tape! I really wrote a long one (but that’s just because my partner put a lot of songs)! Well, here I go!

My Partner’s Mixtape Review

1. I really love this intro, and I think I know the artist already. It's Mumford & Sons (though I haven’t heard their music in a long while). It's very upbeat, a song of marching and conquering. How it builds up, adding of the tambourine, piano, and electric guitar, really add up to a sad love story. It’s a song of never giving up I guess: “If you loved me, why’d you leave me… find somebody, I’ll find somebody…”

2. It is a nice continuation with flutes and drum. It’s very popish, keeps the same beat as the first song, and I love how the singer creates a wonderful atmosphere with the background singing. The singing style is similar to CocoRosie’s, though the lyrics are a bit redundant. It is a continuation on love and the fight against conformity, and the fade really smoothes out these first two songs.

3. A pop-styled rock. It needs a lot more bass on the intro but the guitar makes up for the empty background. The lyrics really symbolize the rhythm of the song, juxtaposing between slow and easy: “… shine some light on me, please… take it slow, and take it easy.” Overall, it’s a good listen but not my favorite out of this mix tape. Maybe I need to listen to it more to appreciate it.

4. This song keeps the concept of a slow beat from the last few songs. It’s a bit country so I really did not get into this song much, but it was a catchy, recognizable rhythm. I can feel the Latino music-based influence. The guitar at the end really adds to the lyrics mentions of how “I saw you lingering still…” since the ending lingers the same way.

5. So far, every song has some piano/keyboard in it, which I love, to keep the melody. I like how the song transitions to a male voice, unlike the previous songs, which were mostly female voices. The song has a catchy piano rhythm, matches with how it’s supposed to “make it easy, take your time…” The background music (the piano) is soothing and a bit jazzy, like a piece of the 1920’s. This is a fun song, and it’s good at being simple.

6. Finally, no piano intro! (Don’t get me wrong, I love piano! But I didn’t want every song to have it.) The singing is different (it’s a male voice) and the guitar sounds a bit of a culture rip of old Japanese melodies. The abrupt pauses throughout the song add to its variety: “Hand me up to dry, you brought me out too many times.” Total antithesis! I love how the piano ends up at the right and the guitar ends up at the left. The chorus ends the song, which is lovely.

7. The beat is so similar to the fifth song; I really thought it was a déjàvu. I can’t tell if this is the same singer from the second song though. The lyrics show a bit of confusion but the da-da-da’s contradict that: “I think I like you, I’m pretty sure I do…” It’s a short song, but I loved it. What I don’t like is how all these songs so far sound the same somehow.

8. A very fresh song that brings my hopes up. The jungle-like vibes from the piano and the voice of the singer really understand how to connect with the lyrics: “I can hear you now, I can hear you calling and I say hey, hey, hey… Will you calm down?” The 8-bit bass in the background sticks throughout the song, which is nice enough to listen to. Overall, it’s one of my favorites out of this mixtape.

9. This song has the right amount of bass and guitar to blend smoothly. There’s a lot more female singers in this mixtape than I thought, which is not bad, just an observation. Whoa! I love the duet and that really speaks out the lyrics: “I am yours now, so now I don’t ever have to leave.” This adds to the character’s role in the song along with the guitar. Love this song.

10. This song is an awkward transition from the ninth song but I like the treble of the voice. This song seems to be good if you really get into it, which I sort of had. It’s a bit boring for my tastes but I do appreciate its acoustic atmosphere. The ending to this song is where the kicker is, which is sad.

11. A new beat, and the guitar’s unique beat, has brought my hopes up again, unlike the tenth song. The background is the opposite of empty, and this is a song to dance to! It’s joyful, it’s rhythmic, and the style appeals to me. I like this as much as the eighth song. I wonder who the artist to this song is.

12. This song truly surprised me and I laughed a bit. Is it house or is it pop? “I’ve got nothing to worry about…” sounds about right for this song. I have nothing much to say on this song other than being a good transition from the eleventh song.

13. It sounds like the twelfth song, but this got me interested a bit more. Who’s the artist? I like the left guitars and the bass, and it’s a faster beat unlike the rest of the previous songs by at least half as much! This is a great song in general and has a similar style to Franz Ferdinand.

14. It sounds like the same singer from the thirteenth song. I like the background composed of piano and bass. It’s a radio-friendly song but has a weird cut-off at the end. There’s nothing more to say for this song.

15. I didn’t mind the cut-off from the previous song when this one came up. The singing style sounds like Lou Reed a lot with a mix of a song called “Do You Want To”. The song says to “panic” and “… to lose control…” which it does a great job at with the music. It’s an inviting song and I really want to know the artist to this song. I really loved it!

16. I haven’t heard a song that uses the word thrice in their lyrics. Very cool! The style changes throughout the song gives a bit of a groove to the song; furthermore, it sounds a bit like Stereogram (I could be wrong). The mixtape sticks to a male voice on the last half so far. The bridge that reverts back to the chorus is an excellent part of the song. So much energy at the end. A favorite.

17. The guitars at both ends of my earphones are very clever and give a nice flow to the mood and the voice of the singer. The drum and bass at the middle is a good balance as well. This song has nice lyrics and a beautiful melody. I’m interested to find out the artist to this song.

18. I love the Queen-like beginning! The distorted guitar and aggressive male voice pack a real punch! I was surprised to hear a curse word, the first of all this mixtape, ha-ha! Great song, it’s really a favorite. I have nothing more to say.

19. What in the world was that beginning? A very weird phone call following some weird alien-like music… I can tell this to be a spacey song (or it’d fit in such a context). It has a great chorus and the best bridge from 2:20 to 2:40. There’s nothing more to say for this song other than that I liked it.

20. A similar alien-like theme from the nineteenth song in the mixtape. The lyrics and the singer are very aggressive especially with use of language; “…fuck all your protest” as it says. The singer does justice to this song though I can think of an artist who could make this song better, that being the singer from Skillet. I believe this song brings a good end to the mixtape, not giving a care of the world.

This was a great mixtape in general. It went from soft to very aggressive in terms of lyrics and musical style and I very much liked that! Can’t wait to hear who the artists are for this mixtape!

Hi! I am your mixtape partner :)

I was very excited because when I went creeping to check for your music tastes, I figured they were not very far from the kind of music I listen to. So what I did was to put the most recent songs that I have been listening to, along with some of my favorites that would fit here somehow, and some that would not really fit the description of music I listen to, but I love anyways, and came with that mixtape :) It was a very long process, because I had over 300 songs at the start.

I tried to create a transition, going from slow, sentimental kind-of songs, to more upbeat songs, and finishing with a bit of rock.

My review things will be in bold :)

Here is my review of my partner’s mix tape! I really wrote a long one (but that’s just because my partner put a lot of songs)! Well, here I go!

My Partner’s Mixtape Review

1. I really love this intro, and I think I know the artist already. It's Mumford & Sons (though I haven’t heard their music in a long while). It's very upbeat, a song of marching and conquering. How it builds up, adding of the tambourine, piano, and electric guitar, really add up to a sad love story. It’s a song of never giving up I guess: “If you loved me, why’d you leave me… find somebody, I’ll find somebody…”

This is Kodaline, actually. They just released their CD, called High Hopes. I just started listening to them, and I love them. The song is called "All I Want". I really enjoy this song because i feel sort of identified with it, so i just could not not put it in here. I am glad to see that you loved it, it was the only song that started slow like that, so it had to be at the beginning.

2. It is a nice continuation with flutes and drum. It’s very popish, keeps the same beat as the first song, and I love how the singer creates a wonderful atmosphere with the background singing. The singing style is similar to CocoRosie’s, though the lyrics are a bit redundant. It is a continuation on love and the fight against conformity, and the fade really smoothes out these first two songs.

This is "Everybody But Me", from Lykke Li. I just love her voice and her songs, so I knew I had to put one of her songs in here. I choose this one because I feel it is less popular than the rest of her songs, and I wanted to make sure you would have something new in here lol. I love the lyrics to this song, because they are just true, and I think everyone feels like this at some point.

3. A pop-styled rock. It needs a lot more bass on the intro but the guitar makes up for the empty background. The lyrics really symbolize the rhythm of the song, juxtaposing between slow and easy: “… shine some light on me, please… take it slow, and take it easy.” Overall, it’s a good listen but not my favorite out of this mix tape. Maybe I need to listen to it more to appreciate it.

Oh! This is one of my favorites song in this mixtape lol. This is Feist, and the song in "My Moon My Man". I love how it goes from this steady beat, to the chorus. It is one of the bands I have been listening to a lot lately, so they had to be here.

4. This song keeps the concept of a slow beat from the last few songs. It’s a bit country so I really did not get into this song much, but it was a catchy, recognizable rhythm. I can feel the Latino music-based influence. The guitar at the end really adds to the lyrics mentions of how “I saw you lingering still…” since the ending lingers the same way.

Here is kind of where the songs start to speed up a little. It is kind of country, and I absolutely hate country, but I love this band lol. It is what Georgia has done to me. This is She & Him, and the song is "Lingering Still". I just love the chorus, and the lyrics are precious. I am glad to know you notice the ending :)

5. So far, every song has some piano/keyboard in it, which I love, to keep the melody. I like how the song transitions to a male voice, unlike the previous songs, which were mostly female voices. The song has a catchy piano rhythm, matches with how it’s supposed to “make it easy, take your time…” The background music (the piano) is soothing and a bit jazzy, like a piece of the 1920’s. This is a fun song, and it’s good at being simple.

I absolutely love this song. Like you said, it is fun and simple, and sounds oldish. "Would you always, maybe sometimes, make it easy, take your time..." I love the chorus. This is a song about being insecure, in the basics... but i put it here, because you can interpret it in different ways. It is from Grizzly Bear, called "Two Weeks".

6. Finally, no piano intro! (Don’t get me wrong, I love piano! But I didn’t want every song to have it.) The singing is different (it’s a male voice) and the guitar sounds a bit of a culture rip of old Japanese melodies. The abrupt pauses throughout the song add to its variety: “Hand me up to dry, you brought me out too many times.” Total antithesis! I love how the piano ends up at the right and the guitar ends up at the left. The chorus ends the song, which is lovely.

Oh this song. This song. It brings me bittersweet memories. I love it, and I want to hate it lol. This is "Hang Me Up To Dry", by Cold War Kids. It is basically about wanting a break from something. The chorus actually says "hang me up to dry, you wrung me out too, too many times, hang me up to dry, I am pearly like the white, the whites of your eyes. The whole piano playing kind of randomly in this song it is probably what I like the most about it.

7. The beat is so similar to the fifth song; I really thought it was a déjàvu. I can’t tell if this is the same singer from the second song though. The lyrics show a bit of confusion but the da-da-da’s contradict that: “I think I like you, I’m pretty sure I do…” It’s a short song, but I loved it. What I don’t like is how all these songs so far sound the same somehow.

I did not notice how the beats were similar, but now that you mention it, you are very right lol. It is not the same singer (I only put one song from every artist, painful process), this is Donora, and the song is "I Think I Like You" (kind of obvious lol) I put it here because it is one of my favorites right now, it has the catchy beat that makes you play the air piano or something like that lol. I was trying to spice it up at this point because I was noticing the same thing, so I really tried lol

8. A very fresh song that brings my hopes up. The jungle-like vibes from the piano and the voice of the singer really understand how to connect with the lyrics: “I can hear you now, I can hear you calling and I say hey, hey, hey… Will you calm down?” The 8-bit bass in the background sticks throughout the song, which is nice enough to listen to. Overall, it’s one of my favorites out of this mixtape.

I was really scared to put Santigold in this mixtape lol. You mentioned how you were not very into kind of Hip Hop songs, and Santi sort of has that vibe. So I tried to put the song that I liked and was not very much so on that tune. The song is called "This Isn't Our Parade", and I just love it. It is just telling you to calm down when it is none of your business, and I feel that a lot of people could use that lesson in life, and Santi is giving it lol

9. This song has the right amount of bass and guitar to blend smoothly. There’s a lot more female singers in this mixtape than I thought, which is not bad, just an observation. Whoa! I love the duet and that really speaks out the lyrics: “I am yours now, so now I don’t ever have to leave.” This adds to the character’s role in the song along with the guitar. Love this song.

I was deciding whether or not to put this song or another one, but I was sure that I was going to put The XX in here lol. I am glad to see you like this one. I was afraid that you would have listened to it somewhere, but i am glad to know you loved it. It is called "Islands"

10. This song is an awkward transition from the ninth song but I like the treble of the voice. This song seems to be good if you really get into it, which I sort of had. It’s a bit boring for my tastes but I do appreciate its acoustic atmosphere. The ending to this song is where the kicker is, which is sad.

I know. I think it is because the song just basically starts, like that. jaja. I just love this one. I have not heard many other songs from them, but I had to put this one in. It is Voxtrot, and the song is "The Start of Something". I feel the same way about the ending, though. I had trouble placing it in the list because it goes from this slow to fast beats, but I am glad that i put it here. Kind of in the middle.

11. A new beat, and the guitar’s unique beat, has brought my hopes up again, unlike the tenth song. The background is the opposite of empty, and this is a song to dance to! It’s joyful, it’s rhythmic, and the style appeals to me. I like this as much as the eighth song. I wonder who the artist to this song is.

This song makes me dance every time. By this point I was hoping you would be at least moving your fingers as if they were drumsticks or something lol. This is STRFKR (Starfucker) and the song is "Rawnald Gregory Erickson The Second". They are such a cool band. I like how the beat makes you dance, while the singing is kind of slow and relaxing.

12. This song truly surprised me and I laughed a bit. Is it house or is it pop? “I’ve got nothing to worry about…” sounds about right for this song. I have nothing much to say on this song other than being a good transition from the eleventh song.

Jaja this is more of Indie Rock... somehow. I love this song, and love this band. It is PB&J (Peter Bjorn & John), and the song is "Nothing To Worry About". It is kind of repetitive, but it does not matter because it gets you in that mood where you just have to say it lol

13. It sounds like the twelfth song, but this got me interested a bit more. Who’s the artist? I like the left guitars and the bass, and it’s a faster beat unlike the rest of the previous songs by at least half as much! This is a great song in general and has a similar style to Franz Ferdinand.

Now this is more like of the kind of music that I listen to lol. I just love this song. The song is "What You Know", from Two Door Cinema Club. The funny thing is that this song actually replaced "Darts Of Pleasure" from Franz Ferdinand in the mixtape lol so i am glad it got you thinking about Franz Ferdinand, which would count as one of my top 10 bands.

14. It sounds like the same singer from the thirteenth song. I like the background composed of piano and bass. It’s a radio-friendly song but has a weird cut-off at the end. There’s nothing more to say for this song.

I love this chorus jaja how it changes according to whoever they talk about in the versus before it. I put it here because it has been stuck in my head for weeks, and I just really enjoy it. It is "You Owe Me An IOU", by Hot Hot Heat. I am just starting to check out more of their music, and I am really enjoying it.

15. I didn’t mind the cut-off from the previous song when this one came up. The singing style sounds like Lou Reed a lot with a mix of a song called “Do You Want To”. The song says to “panic” and “… to lose control…” which it does a great job at with the music. It’s an inviting song and I really want to know the artist to this song. I really loved it!

jaja the only song I know called like that is the one from Franz Ferdinand... and it would sound like that, so maybe it is the same you are talking about... lol. This song is from Phantom Planet, called "Do The Panic". I enjoy singing this song so much, it is like what you need to hear when you are freaking out about something, it helps you in a sarcastic way lol

16. I haven’t heard a song that uses the word thrice in their lyrics. Very cool! The style changes throughout the song gives a bit of a groove to the song; furthermore, it sounds a bit like Stereogram (I could be wrong). The mixtape sticks to a male voice on the last half so far. The bridge that reverts back to the chorus is an excellent part of the song. So much energy at the end. A favorite.

Jajajaja thrice is one of my favorites words, I love the weird look people give a Costa Rican using "thrice" when she speaks lol. I love how this song makes you shake your head at the chorus jaja. The style change is waht I love in songs, so I am glad you enjoyed it! This are The Fratellis (AMAZING, AMAZING BAND) and the song is "Baby Fratelli". I just love the guitar throughout the entire song.

17. The guitars at both ends of my earphones are very clever and give a nice flow to the mood and the voice of the singer. The drum and bass at the middle is a good balance as well. This song has nice lyrics and a beautiful melody. I’m interested to find out the artist to this song.

OH GOD. This is currently my second favorite band (long live my love for Coldplay lol) and I am very surprised that you do not recognize that voice!!! Julian Casablancas <3! jajaja. These are The Strokes (SUPER AWESOME BAND) and the song is "Red Light". I had to put a song from them in here, and I was really afraid to put one that was very known, so I put this one, which is one of my favorites, and I enjoy their guitar so much.

18. I love the Queen-like beginning! The distorted guitar and aggressive male voice pack a real punch! I was surprised to hear a curse word, the first of all this mixtape, ha-ha! Great song, it’s really a favorite. I have nothing more to say.

I like this band so much!!! I had so many songs from them to choose from to put in this mixtape, and I am glad i put this one, since you enjoyed it! It is OK Go, and the song is "Get Over It", I just love the solo. The other songs I have from them are not really like this one, most of them are kind of "softer" i guess lol

19. What in the world was that beginning? A very weird phone call following some weird alien-like music… I can tell this to be a spacey song (or it’d fit in such a context). It has a great chorus and the best bridge from 2:20 to 2:40. There’s nothing more to say for this song other than that I liked it.

jajajaja that would be Kasabian. Another band with whom I have just fallen in love with. The song is "Empire". I had to put Kasabian in, and I put this song because I enjoy it so much, and given the kind of music i saw you listen to, thought it would run along with your likings, and i am happy it did.

20. A similar alien-like theme from the nineteenth song in the mixtape. The lyrics and the singer are very aggressive especially with use of language; “…fuck all your protest” as it says. The singer does justice to this song though I can think of an artist who could make this song better, that being the singer from Skillet. I believe this song brings a good end to the mixtape, not giving a care of the world.

Since I was following this increasing beat in music, i thought I would end up with the kind of harder rock I listen to. The decision was among Marylin Manson, Rammstein, and Korn. I ended up choosing Marylin because I just enjoy this song so much, and it went well with the previous one. I agree with the Skillet vocalist statement though. The song is called "Rock Is Dead"

This was a great mixtape in general. It went from soft to very aggressive in terms of lyrics and musical style and I very much liked that! Can’t wait to hear who the artists are for this mixtape!

I am glad you enjoyed the transition!!! It was my objective basically lol. I am glad you enjoyed the mixtape, and I hope it helps you discover so many other bands that I could not put in there lol

So, the playlist is:

1- Kodaline - All I Want

2- Lykke Li - Everybody But Me

3- Feist - My Moon My Man

4- She & Him - Lingering Still

5- Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks

6- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry

7- Donora - I Think I Like You

8- Santigold - This Isn't Our Parade

9- The XX - Islands

10- Voxtrot - The Start Of Something

11- STRFKR - Rawnald Gregory Erickson The Second

12- Peter Bjorn and John - Nothing To Worry About

13- Two Door Cinema Club - What you know

14- Hot Hot Heat - You Owe Me An IOU

15- Phantom Planet - Do The Panic

16- The Fratellis - Baby Fratelli

17- The Strokes - Red Light

18- OK Go - Get Over It

19- Kasabian - Empire

20- Marylin Manson - Rock Is Dead

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ai7b88pcwdoc5h1 (not sure if it would work)

Hi! I am your mixtape partner :)

I was very excited because when I went creeping to check for your music tastes, I figured they were not very far from the kind of music I listen to. So what I did was to put the most recent songs that I have been listening to, along with some of my favorites that would fit here somehow, and some that would not really fit the description of music I listen to, but I love anyways, and came with that mixtape :) It was a very long process, because I had over 300 songs at the start.

I tried to create a transition, going from slow, sentimental kind-of songs, to more upbeat songs, and finishing with a bit of rock.

My review things will be in bold :)

I am glad you enjoyed the transition!!! It was my objective basically lol. I am glad you enjoyed the mixtape, and I hope it helps you discover so many other bands that I could not put in there lol

So, the playlist is:

1- Kodaline - All I Want

2- Lykke Li - Everybody But Me

3- Feist - My Moon My Man

4- She & Him - Lingering Still

5- Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks

6- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry

7- Donora - I Think I Like You

8- Santigold - This Isn't Our Parade

9- The XX - Islands

10- Voxtrot - The Start Of Something

11- STRFKR - Rawnald Gregory Erickson The Second

12- Peter Bjorn and John - Nothing To Worry About

13- Two Door Cinema Club - What you know

14- Hot Hot Heat - You Owe Me An IOU

15- Phantom Planet - Do The Panic

16- The Fratellis - Baby Fratelli

17- The Strokes - Red Light

18- OK Go - Get Over It

19- Kasabian - Empire

20- Marylin Manson - Rock Is Dead

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ai7b88pcwdoc5h1 (not sure if it would work)

No it doesn't work (Permission Denied) but don't worry I saved it to my notepad! ;)

The only ones I knew from that list were The xx (I can't believe I didn't know the song since I had it), Feist (I've only heard of her), and Voxtrot (Trie to get into them but I couldn't). That wasn't Mumford & Sons? Gosh, Kodaline reallyt sounds like the singer from that band :P

- OK yeah, I'm gonna finally have to make some time for Beach House. I've heard them on mixtapes before, and I liked what I heard. For some reason, I keep putting them on the backburner. I don't know why, considering I get more Beach House recommendations from Last.fm than literally any other band/artist. It's time to delve into it.

- Actually, it's good that you put that The Rumour Said Fire track on the tape. I've been kinda curious about them (I know Marie (djibou) really loves those guys). Now I know. :nice:

I had that with Beach House as well, it took me years before I started listening to their albums. But after some spins I got totally hooked!

Too bad about The Rumour Said Fire, I actually agree about the voice on this song, for me it's one of their weakest songs overall. I think they tried too much to have the old style on the new album and it's a pity because I looove what they did with the new album. Maybe their

will change your mind :P

Yeah, sorry. Forgot to update, here. http://www.sendspace.com/file/mb88fp
Thanks! That link worked :}

The last three mediafire links didn't :( Permission denied.

Haha I can totally tell who Kim's mixtape maker is :P
Crests! Hahaha Tammi, I would love to hear which songs were on the mixtape, also that Japanse happening :bomb:

I have not heard anything from the people that has not send me their mix tapes :/

So I have 3 people without mix tapes and three mix tapes without people :/

Ohhh too bad! I thought all mixtapes were sent to you. Such a pity. Have those people been online on coldplaying at all these days? Should we then send those three mixtapes to the people that did not get any yet?

Ohhh too bad! I thought all mixtapes were sent to you. Such a pity. Have those people been online on coldplaying at all these days? Should we then send those three mixtapes to the people that did not get any yet?

That is what I thought about doing, because I have sent emails and messages and got nothing. So I do not know. When I asked about it, some where not very happy to do that... Lol