✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories Target release

Wickett

If this question has already been asked and answered somewhere else I apologize, but I saw this earlier today and was really puzzled by it. On Target's page, http://www.target.com/p/coldplay-ghost-stories-only-at-target/-/A-15261659, you see TARGET EXCLUSIVE three times at the end of the track list. Any idea what that is? I'm really stumped.

-----------------

Tracklist:

Always In My Head

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Another's Arms

Oceans

A Sky Full Of Stars

O

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

O (part 2)

coldplay-1-600.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are 3 exclusive songs and most likely new songs (not live ones)

Target has had a history of having special editions. I can name many albums that had a similar treatment last year and the years before.

Also, they might be featured in a Target commercial.

I honestly feel like it will be live versions of songs they play at the itunes festival or another live show if there's another one announced between now and the album release or it'll be acoustic versions of a certain songs or an official remix. I don't see Coldplay limiting three new tracks to the U.S only. I think new songs would be on b-sides only.

I honestly feel like it will be live versions of songs they play at the itunes festival or another live show if there's another one announced between now and the album release or it'll be acoustic versions of a certain songs or an official remix. I don't see Coldplay limiting three new tracks to the U.S only. I think new songs would be on b-sides only.

I agree. I don't see Target getting that kind of a special to three Coldplay tracks like that.

By the way, it's definitely no big deal but why was my topic title changed? Just curious, it doesn't really make any difference to me. Just took me a sec to find it. :P

I guess that's why the album only has 9 songs. They had to exclude three songs just so there's a Target special edition. I've already preordered from Target.com. The only thing is that shipping takes a few days. I don't think I can wait that long. :D

I hope they will release a special edition for fans that live at other countries.

I think Target will get 3 new songs. Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift had a similar deal. I think part of the deal is that Target will promote the album a little and use some of their new songs in a commercial. This is what they've done in the last few years when they got exclusive songs.

When MX was released, remember how Target had a special edition with a tshirt? Well I wanted that tshirt so I went to the store and they were out of them so I had to order it online. It took about 6 weeks before I got it (that was the standard shipment) I hope you guys have a better luck with your Target orders. I'll just go to the store and buy it with cash

I'm pretty sure these will just be live versions or remixes of the album songs. If they were extra tracks, they would then sell it on iTunes or Amazon as a deluxe edition.

Besides, usually Coldplay make concise albums, and usually they won't add 3 songs because it ruins the "wholeness" of the album, if that makes any sense....Unless they were to release a separate EP like Prospekt's March, I don't believe these three songs will be new.

I think Target will get 3 new songs. Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift had a similar deal. I think part of the deal is that Target will promote the album a little and use some of their new songs in a commercial. This is what they've done in the last few years when they got exclusive songs.

When MX was released, remember how Target had a special edition with a tshirt? Well I wanted that tshirt so I went to the store and they were out of them so I had to order it online. It took about 6 weeks before I got it (that was the standard shipment) I hope you guys have a better luck with your Target orders. I'll just go to the store and buy it with cash

I'm inclined to agree, Macky. It's not uncommon to release three new tracks, because Target has been doing this for quite some time. Looking forward to it!

It doesn't make sense that Target gets 3 new songs. Yes sometimes Target gets extra new songs (eg 20/20 experience by Justin Timberlake) but I don't believe that it's the same case with Ghost Stories, because I think (only speculation) that Ghost Stories is about a love story. So it means that it's a complete story. You can't add songs to a completed story and 3 new songs only for the US is unlikely and further The 20/20 Experience had no story.