✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to remind everyone that the people who are responsible for creating the early hype around this song are the ones who were at the LA shows, and they did so after hearing the album in its entirety. I don't remember reading a single bad thing about ASFOS from anyone who heard it in context, in its proper place among the rest of the Ghost Stories songs. The negativity has only cropped up after people a). heard a crappy bootleg from a concert or b). heard a 30 second snippet from the middle of the song.

Imagine hearing DLIBYH for the first time without getting AHT before it. Think about how jarring it would sound without any knowledge of what precedes it. Now consider that the instrumental section that closes out Oceans is more than twice the length of AHT.

Mark my words, many of the people who hate it now and can't possibly envision themselves ranking it higher than a 3 will eat their words once the album drops.

Clap x 1000!

Zane Lowe interview on BBC Radio 1:

Zane Lowe: "You guys (Coldplay) are a part of the foundation of EDM in a weird way when you think about some of the biggest songs you've had when your talking about the tempo and the beat..."

This one is totally true, also. Clocks, Talk, Viva La Vida, ETIAW, DLIBYH, Charlie Brown, A Sky Full Of Stars!

People here have so much hate. The only good thing to do is to be like Chris said, he don't care about if the people like his music or not, he's doing what he want.. they who don't like it then go play xbox or something else with your life.

But in a weird way I don't really understand why people hate the dancing songs when must of you like a lot dancing, plus the recently best album of a year was a House album!

People here are very complex with their tastes, and I'm sure that deep down they don't dislike them so much. It is mostly appearance.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I heard the preview clip on yesterday. It could and probably will work brilliantly in the album. It's in between two quiet sensitive songs and seems like it will flow to perfection! Upon learning that they had collaborated with Avicii I was desperately sceptical. Now in the context of it all it doesn't seem too bad at all.

I am with you. Popular EDM after a few listens really lacks much detail and texture despite being so explosive. It just sounds extraordinarily...well...simple and numbing. Details, textures, beauty are some of the things I love about Coldplay, and I just feel this track lacks them. I don't hate Coldplay for trying something new, nor do I think this will ruin the album for me, I just don't like the outcome (In my own personal infinitesimally small opinion.)

Simple doesn't automatically = bad.

(Most electric-sorta songs aren't all that complex, because that's not the point - they're meant to make people dance and enjoy themselves, not be Mozart-level symphonies. It's just a different style of music.)

And complex doesn't automatically = good, etiher.

You guys can hate a genre of music all you want, however saying things like it's not "real music", or "not Coldplay",

is just wrong.

Simple doesn't automatically = bad.

(Most electric-sorta songs aren't all that complex, because that's not the point - they're meant to make people dance and enjoy themselves, not be Mozart-level symphonies. It's just a different style of music.)

And complex doesn't automatically = good, etiher.

You guys can hate a genre of music all you want, however saying things like it's not "real music", or "not Coldplay",

is just wrong.

What wisdom from a user of 9 posts. Not being sarcastic. Other users can learn from you.

This is going to be a big, huge pop hit. It sounds very Rihanna to me. I hear a lot of We Found Love (In A Hopeless Place) in this song. The chords are played with a similar rhythm and it has that really simple, catchy chorus.

I LOVE IT! =) Imagine them playing this live?! Everyone's going to be jumping like crazy.

A Sky Full Of Stars tonight on XFM

2cco0gg.png

Thanks, now I gotta figure out how to record.

Edit: it took all of 2 minutes to find a VLC address lol, i'm good to go!

So today we got part 2 of the interview on youtube, Jools Holland and this...sure is busy being a coldplay fan

I have no problem with this song. Don't think it will be as good as the hype, obviously. But I have no problem with it. Coldplay have always had at least one or two very radio friendly songs on every album. I'm glad they're not scared to go outside their comfort zone, I know this song will be stuck in my head. I have only two fears. 1. That I will tire of this song quickly cause I'll hear it everywhere and it may be repetitive. 2. That the song won't fit the rest of the album( but I have faith that they made it work somehow :) )