✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in the spirit of Chris saying we all could benefit from being more open and vulnerable, I remember when I first heard the opening chords of Every Teardrop. It was during a very difficult and tumultuous time in my life. There's been very few songs over the years that truly moved me, that stirred something deep inside, that instantaneously gave me hope and just helped give me a jolt of joy. ETIAW did that, and still does, even if in the end it's just a silly pop song. And for me, not to overstate it, but hearing the brief bit from the Zane Lowe interview of A Sky Full of Stars gave me that feeling again. I don't care personally about the EDM or anything else, it has that instant Coldplay signature and spirit that I love. And Chris said at Cologne that this song was really special, so it must be to them. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm not embarrassed to say so.

Just want to remind everyone that the people who are responsible for creating the early hype around this song are the ones who were at the LA shows, and they did so after hearing the album in its entirety. I don't remember reading a single bad thing about ASFOS from anyone who heard it in context, in its proper place among the rest of the Ghost Stories songs. The negativity has only cropped up after people a). heard a crappy bootleg from a concert or b). heard a 30 second snippet from the middle of the song.

Imagine hearing DLIBYH for the first time without getting AHT before it. Think about how jarring it would sound without any knowledge of what precedes it. Now consider that the instrumental section that closes out Oceans is more than twice the length of AHT.

Mark my words, many of the people who hate it now and can't possibly envision themselves ranking it higher than a 3 will eat their words once the album drops.

Just want to remind everyone that the people who are responsible for creating the early hype around this song are the ones who were at the LA shows, and they did so after hearing the album in its entirety. I don't remember reading a single bad thing about ASFOS from anyone who heard it in context, in its proper place among the rest of the Ghost Stories songs. The negativity has only cropped up after people a). heard a crappy bootleg from a concert or b). heard a 30 second snippet from the middle of the song.

Imagine hearing DLIBYH for the first time without getting AHT before it. Think about how jarring it would sound without any knowledge of what precedes it. Now consider that the instrumental section that closes out Oceans is more than twice the length of AHT.

Mark my words, many of the people who hate it now and can't possibly envision themselves ranking it higher than a 3 will eat their words once the album drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. The LA show was special to those of us lucky enough to be there and I am sure it will be well liked outside of The LA experience. I envy those lucky enough to get tix or able to afford resales (not me!) but I will share in the excitement from my downloaded version!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably i will like it when listening to it in full on a good sound system....

That's the problem, Coldplay stopped for some reason produce and create interesting sound with great master recording you could enjoy even on low Hi-Fi systems - particularly Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y.

With ETIAW that's gone - Hi-Fi adds nothing, the same story with A Sky Full Of Stars. Those tracks were created specifically for radio transmissions where only loudness does matter.

That's the problem, Coldplay stopped for some reason produce and create interesting sound with great master recording you could enjoy even on low Hi-Fi system - particularly Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y.

Those tracks were created specifically for radio transmissions where only loudness does matter.

I do not agree with that.

OK, they do need a loud and commercial "hit" for each album such as Paradise, Viva la vida ...

BUT, with what I've heard yesterday night on Zane Lowe's BBC interview of Chris... I don't feel like they've done a single song for a commercial purpose. AT ALL !

I really feel like this album is a piece of each member's heart, that they've put together and mixed up to create something entirely honest, and unique.

It's okay if you people don't agree with me, this is just my point of view. But I hate being told this upcoming album will be "commercial". It's definitely not :)

+10

:)