✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I don't like this route coldplays going. Ghost stories IMO kind of sucks so far, out of the 5 songs or so that I heard Always in my head and magic are the only ones I like. I try hard to like it but I don't.

The reason why I don't like a sky full of stars is because it is pretty much telling me coldplays just going for the sound of the moment. EDM and house music or whatever is extremely popular nowadays, this is coldplay trying to get in on that. They don't belong there, sorry chris! I guess thats why I wasn't too fond of MX either it just seems like they are losing the unique-ness they once had and trying to grab onto whats popular at the moment.

I think they are trying to get on what they want to, and I won't judge them. I don't like ASFOS either, but don't assume all the other tracks will be EDM. This album is infused so far with a lot of electronics, like their last two, but also acoustics and stripped down techniques. And EDM isn't necessarily a mainstream thing. Besides the radio smashes (ASFOS will be one) the genre is very diverse. Midnight, for example, has elements of EDM that I really appreciate because they are mostly uncommon in popular music today (deep house, post-dubstep, atmospherics)

On Monday evening, Dutch radio DJ Domien Verschuuren played the Cologne bootleg recording of "A Sky Full of Stars" on the Dutch radio station 3FM, saying that "in 24 hours" he "could probably play Coldplay's new single "A Sky Full of Stars"."

At the time, he wasn't certain about the Avicii collab, so here's what Verschuuren said:

"There is this one track on the new Coldplay album that's shrouded in mystery; a collaboration between Coldplay and... But what I do know is that this track will premiere tomorrow [Tuesday the 29th]. 3FM will play it then, too; Coldplay featuring somebody."

There's a (Dutch) link I could post, but it contains the Cologne bootleg clip...

I don't get the fuss about this song. Obviously this is the climax of a dark album as it turns from dark to light and flows nicely into O, much like DLIBYH did with Up With The Birds. The difference is EDM, which of course, might overtake the album. I expect a lot of critics complaining about this song. The Coldplay hate goes on.

I don't get the fuss about this song. Obviously this is the climax of a dark album as it turns from dark to light and flows nicely into O, much like DLIBYH did with Up With The Birds. The difference is EDM, which of course, might overtake the album. I expect a lot of critics complaining about this song. The Coldplay hate goes on.

Sadly, I agree with you. Since, its going to be a single, people are going to hate so hard. They already did for Midnight, so I can't even imagine what people will say. I understand if people don't like it, like me, or don't like other songs as well but when people say ''I miss the old Coldplay'' or ''Coldplay is trash now'' it just irritates me.

I don't like how people say that it doesn't fit with the rest of the album when Chris explained it perfectly. After 7 songs of sadness and low key music, he wanted an explosion to end it off. Think of Oceans, that last line, "You've got to find yourself alone in this world." And then right into ASFOS. And then into Fly On. As a writer myself, its like a story. The climax usually is big.

Think of Oceans, that last line, "You've got to find yourself alone in this world." And then right into ASFOS. And then into Fly On. As a writer myself, its like a story. The climax usually is big..

Yes. This.

It will work well with the rest of GS, I know it.

And also, without ASFOS, idek if they would have a big hit for this album. It's good they included it instead of possibly just making it a standalone single.

I made an account for the sole purpose of asking this. Why are all of you bashing this song so hard when

1. You haven't heard even an entire minute of the studio version of this song

2. You haven't actually heard this song in the context of the album?

Can you at least give it a fair chance?

I made an account for the sole purpose of asking this. Why are all of you bashing this song so hard when

In todays society people who actually listen to a whole album is only getting smaller, you can't have an opinion of a song because of where its placed in an album. You should be able to judge songs independently.

Also the studio version we heard is pretty much the whole song. If you listened to the live version its pretty much just repeated a bunch.

They do it because it's a Pop Coldplay song.

This is actually ok but 3 years ago when ETIAW and Paradise were released, this forum was a big ugly mess.

I just figured that most hardcore Coldplay fans, such as those on this forum, would be able to appreciate an album in its entirety, rather than only as individual songs.

And there are people on here who are saying the song doesn't fit in with the album at all when they haven't heard it in context, that's all. Some premature judgement, don't you think?

I can understand that some people don't like certain Coldplay songs, but I find it surprising how hard some rip into their "big" pop songs. ETIAW is actually one of my favorite Coldplay songs, next to Warning Sign, Strawberry Swing, Spies, Viva La Vida, etc. I like it all.

Then again, that's just my own personal opinion, which doesn't really mean anything.

All I am saying is, at least give the song a chance? I hated Magic at first and now I like it. Midnight as well.

i think that asfos is fantastic i was a little bit surprised for the edm think but then i get used to it because i dont like a certain genre of music. I enjoy good music and this song is awesome.

There has been a lot of hype for this song, so of course people will judge this song specifically. The album isn't available yet, so we're only making judgement from what we've heard. For my part, at the moment, I am not fond of that song. It's my opinion. I don't think this song fits well with the rest of the songs of GS, but again, it is my opinion. Doesn't mean I won't change my mind. Doesn't mean I'm right either. I didn't like MX at first, but now I think its a great album. :)

I just figured that most hardcore Coldplay fans, such as those on this forum, would be able to appreciate an album in its entirety, rather than only as individual songs.

And there are people on here who are saying the song doesn't fit in with the album at all when they haven't heard it in context, that's all. Some premature judgement, don't you think?

I can understand that some people don't like certain Coldplay songs, but I find it surprising how hard some rip into their "big" pop songs. ETIAW is actually one of my favorite Coldplay songs, next to Warning Sign, Strawberry Swing, Spies, Viva La Vida, etc. I like it all.

Then again, that's just my own personal opinion, which doesn't really mean anything.

All I am saying is, at least give the song a chance? I hated Magic at first and now I like it. Midnight as well.

Exactly what I'm saying! I at first didn't like Always in My Head and Another's Arms but after a few listens I like them now. People need to relax. We haven't even heard Johnny's guitar at all.

I like every single thing Coldplay has ever done. And I'm probably gonna be somewhat fond of this song but...

I'm gonna get hated for this but I barely consider most EDM actual songs. All they are are the same buildup to a huge mess of sound with a constant kick drum. The "chorus" of most EDM are just random electronic chords (They don't have to be a nice chord progression. Just any progression). And add a constant drum kick. That's all you hear on American radio and it's horrible.

I haven't heard the song fully yet but the "chorus" of the song is exactly like 90% of every EDM song you hear on the radio. There is no melody really. I don't understand it. But I'm still excited to hear the song in full.

I like every single thing Coldplay has ever done. And I'm probably gonna be somewhat fond of this song but...

I'm gonna get hated for this but I barely consider most EDM actual songs. All they are are the same buildup to a huge mess of sound with a constant kick drum. The "chorus" of most EDM are just random electronic chords (They don't have to be a nice chord progression. Just any progression). And add a constant drum kick. That's all you hear on American radio and it's horrible.

I haven't heard the song fully yet but the "chorus" of the song is exactly like 90% of every EDM song you hear on the radio. There is no melody really. I don't understand it. But I'm still excited to hear the song in full.

I am with you. Popular EDM after a few listens really lacks much detail and texture despite being so explosive. It just sounds extraordinarily...well...simple and numbing. Details, textures, beauty are some of the things I love about Coldplay, and I just feel this track lacks them. I don't hate Coldplay for trying something new, nor do I think this will ruin the album for me, I just don't like the outcome (In my own personal infinitesimally small opinion.)

I am with you. Popular EDM after a few listens really lacks much detail and texture despite being so explosive. It just sound extraordinarily...well...simple. Details, textures, beauty are some of the things I love about Coldplay, and I just feel this track lacks them. I don't hate Coldplay for trying something new, I just don't like the outcome.

Yeah I hear ya. There are some EDM songs that are awesome and I blast them on repeat but I've realized that's because they have nice melodies or a uniqueness about them.

Like Avicii - Levels or Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch- Sweet Nothing

Because we all have stressful lives, and its easiest to let that anger out on Coldplay.

, it's the lyrics so far that have made me fall in love with this album . They can't be over looked no matter what the sounds / mixes behind them are .. This is a story . A personal story from chris . I'm looking forward to every song . I think asfos sounds fun and positive but even better it's not just a fun poppy song from a pop star it's something with great meaning no matter how simple or how poppy it sounds and that makes me love it.

And ur right gone are the days of listening to an entire album unless your a fan which is sad , coldplay has such a good thing to offer and I wish more ppl could hear it as a whole and not as a hit song . They truely r amazing . Chris really opened up here give the man some props . It's his choice , he said about AIMH that's when it was like ok I don't care if some ppl don't like this or don't wanna listen this is how I feel so I'm gonna do that . Can u imagine having that much talent and songs in ur head and heart and having to worry about what everyone thinks but yourself . So happy this is a true story and that he's sharing it

I can't wait for everything from this album . I think this is going to be really special :)