✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see how long this will be number one on iTunes.

See, it is this thing right here that annoys the crap out of me. It has become more important to have a number 1 hit on iTunes than to have good music, especially six albums and millions of copies in... I give up. With all my potential pretentiousness, I can't handle the idea of the most important thing about Coldplay's new music is that it becomes a hit. Fuck that.

See, it is this thing right here that annoys the crap out of me. It has become more important to have a number 1 hit on iTunes than to have good music, especially six albums and millions of copies in... I give up. With all my potential pretentiousness, I can't handle the idea of the most important thing about Coldplay's new music is that it becomes a hit. Fuck that.

a song being considered "good music" really is subjective. some people dont like this song but some do and think its good, we all just have to respect that. If people want ASFOS to succeed as a single lets just respect that. we all have our own interests with regard to a particular song, lets just respect that. just my two cents.

this

I'm not a big fan of EDM, but I enjoyed this on my first listen. Like many I might've preferred something slightly closer to the live arrangement (the drums being more up-front definitely elevates it), but I think the production will make more sense when heard in the proper context on the album. Dance influence aside, I love the chord progression, and I think Chris delivered a very striking vocal here. The moment I heard '''Cause you're a sky... 'cause you're a sky..." in the opening, I thought it was a strong hook. I also like the volume swell/compression type effect used in the choruses, similar to what they did with DLIBYH (another hallmark of this type of music). Overall, a pretty cool tune. Could've been much, much worse.

can't believe how ASFOS made it to an album and other songs didn't . famous old painters, lukas, The world turned upside down, don quixote, bloodless revolution, ladder to the sun. etc.

screw you chris, go solo and do that pop EDM stuff without "coldplay" in it.

Yes because it was all Chris. Johnny, Guy and Will had no say and were forced into making this song and releasing it. Chris is the evil dictator of Coldplay.

It's one song off an entire album. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but don't act like your opinion of good music is the correct one. The beauty of music is that there all so many different kinds of it that everyone can enjoy. I personally love the more low key coldplay songs but I still really enjoy this song.

I liked the song a lot. It has a lot of popular appeal (which is *not* necessarily a bad thing), but without the poor lyrics in Paradise, for example (ASFOS is far from genius, but it's better, at least).

I can't assess Coldplay's intentions as to why they release songs like this and I'd like to stay away both from accusing Coldplay of fabricating songs with the sheer purpose of topping charts and from placing the band up on a pedestal -- "Coldplay are saints completely detached from musical industry".

I'm no psychologist, but I'm not naive either, so all I can say is that I enjoy the song and its energy and I am very much looking forward to listening to it in the context of the album as well.

That said, I didn't really like the live performance in Later... At times, it seems like no one is doing anything at all (except for Chris singing). I don't understand much about music or about playing it live, but it seems to be of little point to perform a song and use so much backing tracks, specially for stuff that you *can* play live, for example, the keyboard or piano in ASFOS. Chris probably dismissed playing it to get the chance to dance around, but perhaps it's worth sitting at the piano and have a more organic sound rather than jump around to pre-recorded sounds? Maybe priority should be set at music rather than hopping up and down (with the extra potential of losing your breath and also ruining the vocal performance)?

The song is really growing on me. When I first heard it on the radio, stuff like the bass didn't come through very well. Then it was released on YouTube and then on Jools Holland. I am hooked. Got high quality versions in iTunes of both the single release and the live performance and I just can't get enough. Doesn't sound as EDM as I first thought, it's definitely still a Coldplay song. I'm also undecided as to whether it'll have an impact like Paradise, as I didn't expect Paradise to do so well and we're all expecting this to top the charts when really I expected Charlie Brown to in the MX era and that didn't happen.

Whatever happens, though, this album is going to be amazing.

Hey guys I had a terrible nightmare: guess what, I dreamed that a song of the new album is some crappy mainstream dance crap. Oh here is the best thing, I dreamed it was actually produced by avicii! I immediately checked coldplaying and another funny fact was most of you actually liked it, saying it would sound like coldplay always sounds and it's one of the best song ever written and better than all of this shitty mylo xyloto! Covered in sweat I woke up shaking all over and started listening to good old coldplay songs like everythings not lost or one I love or shiver or life in technicolor or strawberry swing or fix you or clocks and every single song of the further 5 lps! ( except princess of china, good song but overproduced and with Rihanna)

Really crazy fucked up dream right???!!!???

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk