✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank the Ghost Stories songs!

It's harder to rank the album....haha I think every song is connected....a brilliant concept with sadness, a little dark, fast and love between past and future. I think this the best strings for coldplay album so far, very beautiful and sexy. My favorites Top 3 song of the album is : 1. True Love (fantastic Love Songs) 2. Always In My Head (I Love the strings sound when I heard first) 3. A Sky Full Of Stars (haha the song full happy and I a huge fan Of Avicii)

It's harder to rank the album....haha I think every song is connected....a brilliant concept with sadness, a little dark, fast and love between past and future. I think this the best strings for coldplay album so far, very beautiful and sexy. My favorites Top 3 song of the album is : 1. True Love (fantastic Love Songs) 2. Always In My Head (I Love the strings sound when I heard first) 3. A Sky Full Of Stars (haha the song full happy and I a huge fan Of Avicii)

Exactly. That's why I am so passionate about this album!

Any of my attempt to rank the songs fails miserably :lol: and my opinion changes every couple of hours or so anyway :lol:

I need time to have a more definitive opinion on each track. :nod:

As for the 3 favourites pick, I chose Ink, ASFOS and O. But again, in 2 hours I may feel like that was a mistake :lol:

1. Midnight (10/10)

I get lost in the world of this song.

2. O. (10/10)

Fantastic piano!

3. Always In My Head. (10/10)

I love the rhythm of this song. Sounds 80's and that is awesome. :)

4. Magic (9/10

This song is still awesome after so long.

5. True Love (9/10)

Dat solo is amazing.

6. All Your Friends (8/10)

I love the sci-fi feel in this song.

7. AFOS (8/10)

Fantastic Piano. Makes me feel inspired.

8. Ghost Story (9/10)

Cool song. Didn't like the country feel at the start at first, but now I'm down.

9. Another's Arms (7/10)

This song is fantastic.

10. Oceans

Heartbreak song. Amazing.

11. Ink (7/10)

Unbelievable guitar. Wouldn't expect that from Chris.

12. O (Reprise) (7/10)

This is fucking amazing. The sci-fi feel is there again. I like this better than the other version.

Entire album? 9.5/10

1- Ghost Story

2- O

3- Always In My Head

4- True Love

5- All Your Friends

6- Ink

7- Magic

8- A Sky Full Of Stars

9- Midnight

10- Oceans

11- Another's Arms

12- O (Part 2)

Ghost Story and O will remain to be the best tracks from this era but the rest may change.

So far after 5 listens ( Standard Edition)

1. "Ink" - Such a subtle and feel good song the melody is so catchy and the instruments ahhhhh i melt

2. "A Sky Full of Stars" euphoria!

3. "O" nice falsetto

4. "True Love" - kinda lacking in lyrics though some lyrics are the best in the album though lyrics shoudlve been more

5. Always in My Head"

6. Magic"

7. "Another's Arms"

8 Oceans

9. "Midnight

so far 7/10 for the whole album

Haven't posted on here in awhile, but thought I'd return to give an overall impression of Ghost Stories. Initial reaction wasn't so hot, but after several listens, I'm starting to understand that there's a lot more depth here than I originally imagined. It's obvious to me that Chris is letting out a lot of pain (not saying it's all about Gwyneth because that has never been confirmed and probably never will be, but there are clearly some correlations). Now that it has had time to sink in, I'm enjoying the album as a whole a lot more, and can honestly say that while I don't consider it to be as good as most of their other work, I still am not disappointed. Now I have the deluxe edition that was exclusive to Target, I'll go over those songs as well. In case there are readers who haven't listened to the album yet and want nothing spoiled, don't read ahead. Here goes.

Always In My Head - Simple beat, simple lyrics, but catchy. Sets a good tone for the album, and I especially love how the end of the song basically tells you what the album is all about. "This, I guess, is to tell you you're chosen out from the rest".

Magic - Generic beyond imagination, and even placed inside the album I still do not enjoy this song very much. It's my least favorite on the album, and the only thing I like about it is the strummed guitar towards the end.

Ink - Instantly loved this song. Very catchy, and while the lyrics are a bit simple I still feel like it's one of the more complex songs on this album.

True Love - At first I only found this song to be somewhat pretty. Then I payed attention and realized just how sad it is. It's deep, it's painful, and it's beautiful. The lyrics, the tune of the chorus, and that guitar. Possibly my favorite Jonny moment on the album.

Midnight - The weird oddball, and still a favorite for me. The very middle of the standard album is very aptly named, and I still really enjoy listening to it ever since it's release.

Another's Arms - The Princess of China on Ghost Stories. Great sound and great tune, but the lyrics and presentation are so horrible it's hard to take the song seriously. It really is a shame. The music is beautiful, but one can only take hearing "Another's arms" so many times in one song.

Oceans = Not so much catchy, and one of my least favorite tracks on the album, but pretty ambience. Thought the slow build-up to A Sky Full Of Stars was nice too. Always did want to hear an ocean on a Coldplay album.

A Sky Full Of Stars - The only thing I don't like about this song are the lyrics. Way, way too simple, and I'm afraid that because the song leans so heavily on that one riff it won't be long before everyone is tired of it. It reminds me a lot of Charlie Brown, except Charlie Brown had much catchier lyrics.

O - Some of the prettiest piano I've ever heard, and like True Love, it strikes a deep sad chord with me that I just can't ignore. Really really pretty, and the ending I feel I should put some emphasis on. The haunting female choir from Always In My Head returns by saying, as they did at the very beginning of the album, "Go on without me." Then Chris jumps in towards the very end and sings "Don't ever let go." That's where the standard album ends, and it truly is beautiful.

All Your Friends - The first of the three bonus tracks exclusive to the deluxe edition, and to me, a very mediocre song. Has a catchy chorus, but not much more. A bit too subdued for me.

Ghost Story - Why isn't this on the standard album? Heck, it just may be my favorite. The most lyrically complex song on the album, and one of, if not the most enjoyable beats. Huge fan of this one and am listening to it several times a day.

O (Reprise) - A short track, 1:37 long, nothing but Chris singing "Don't ever let go" with a few "Ooohhs" included, reminiscent to the sound from the latter part of O. Ending the whole album with such haunting lyrics and soothing guitar, I was pretty impressed.

Overall I give the album a strong 3 stars, which for me is pretty generous. Glad to finally be enjoying this great album with all you other fans. :)

1. Ink- love this song, cant stop listening to it. One of coldplays best ever middle eights to any song.

2. O - that piano though

3. ASFOS - Only upbeat song on the album

4. True love

5. Always in my head

6. Magic

7. Oceans

8. Midnight

9. Anothers arms

My ranking is this and i'm guessing it's kind of final because j've had enough time to let the album sink in and this is what i got:

Ink

A Sky Full of Stars

O

Always In My Head

Midnight

True Love

Magic

Oceans

Ghost Story

Another's Arms

All Your Friends

O (Reprise)

1. Always in My Head

2. O

3. Another's Arms

4. Ghost Story

5. Midnight

6. True Love

7. All Your Friends

8. A Sky Full of Stars

9. Oceans

10. Magic

11. O 2

12. Ink

Funny thing is I actually love every song in the list down to O part 2. Out of all of the songs released from these sessions Ink is the only song I dislike and don't listen to.

cK

I'm not sure I can really rank them, because there are some that to me are equally great.

#1 Ghost Story

#2 A Sky Full Of Stars

#3 True Love

#4 Ink

#5 O

#6 Midnight

#7 Always In My Head

#8 Another's Arms

#9 O (Reprise)

#10 All Your Friends

#11 Oceans

#12 Magic

Why they pushed Magic so hard, I will never know.

Hmm at this state, I'm not quite sure that the songs will stay in their actual position because there are still some songs that I'm not that familiar with, but it goes like this:

1. O

2. Always in My Head

3. A Sky Full of Stars

4. Oceans

5. Midnight

6. Another's Arms

7. Ghost Story

8. True Love

9. Ink

10. All Your Friends

11. O (Part II)

12. Magic