✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank the Ghost Stories songs!

No, I agree. It feels really out of place and not to mention that was probably the shittiest solo I've ever heard if that even counts as a solo. I'm sorry, but it really does sound like shit. Really turns the song from good to shit.

You don't really know anything about atonal music. Don't call shit one of the best Jonny's solos I ever heard. If you don't like say it, but don't call it shit if you don't understand atonal music, please. :dozey:

So, here is:

1. Always In My Head (9)

2. Magic (8)

3. Ink (7)

4. True Love (10)

5. Midnight (10)

6. Another's Arms (9)

7. Oceans (10)

8. A Sky Full of Stars (9)

9. O (10)

Notes: Always In My Head and O are fantastic. True Love is amazing, including that nice solo. Oceans with the outro is so fucking cool. And like I said, Another's Arms is truly lovely.

I feel sad in the first half of ASFOS, and that's because how it fit in the album. That for me is a great achievement for ASFOS. I also enjoy Magic a lot by the same reason (how it fit).

True Love -> Midnight // Oceans -> A Sky Full Of Stars are the best fade in-fade out in the album.

My favorites are Oceans and True Love.

And this album... is in the same level that Viva to me (9.5), so:

X&Y > MX > Viva > GS > AROBTTH > Parachutes

You don't really know anything about atonal music. Don't call shit one of the best Jonny's solos I ever heard. If you don't like say it, but don't call it shit if you don't understand atonal music, please. :dozey:

Finally, someone who can appreciate Jonny's solo for the genius work it is!

It's a bit hard to rank them at the current time as I'm a lot more used to certain tracks, but Always In My Head, Another's Arms and Midnight are my favourites from the ones we've known about for a while now. As for the newcomers, I really enjoyed Ink and True Love quite a lot. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up after repeated listens.

O is a spectacular track and I love the little outro, which I assume is the bit which is actually titled O. Amazing. Now for the weak spot on the album for me: Oceans. I'm not really feeling this one at all. It just sounds so unnatural and unenthusiastic. Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me. As for the singles, Magic and A Sky Full of Stars, these are both perfectly fine, catchy, unoffensive pop songs which I don't mind at all. Not my favourites on the album, but still okay.

Well, those are my thoughts after the first listen to the full studio album, anything could change on repeated listens. I can't wait to enjoy Ghost Stories over and over again.

Good for you if you think it's genius, but I'm not a blind fanboy who calls it a great solo or one of his best guitar work. My opinion should not matter to you at all, if I think it sounds like shit then so what? It's called opinions, search up what it means before you go replying to me with that typical blind fan attitude who thinks they have to defend their favorite bands against anyone who says anything even remotely negative. It's pretty pathetic. Then again this is a Coldplay forum, I really shouldn't be surprised by that at all.

Good for you if you think it's genius, but I'm not a blind fanboy who calls it a great solo or one of his best guitar work. My opinion should not matter to you at all, if I think it sounds like shit then so what? It's called opinions, search up what it means before you go replying to me with that typical blind fan attitude who thinks they have to defend their favorite bands against anyone who says anything even remotely negative. It's pretty pathetic. Then again this is a Coldplay forum, I really shouldn't be surprised by that at all.

dont hate him, thats his opinion too ;)

Ok after a few listens to every song, my opinions haven't changed much, except for Ink. True Love started out amazing, but now as I listen more closely I'm losing just a tiny bit of love for it. Still great songs and a great album tho.

1. O - Classic piano and soulful, heartfelt singing on Chris's part. I really felt Chris's sadness when Zane Lowe played this track. One of their best songs ever IMO.

2. Always In My Head - From the first sounds of the intro, you can tell this is classic Coldplay, combining Parachutes and Viva techniques.

3. Midnight - Although repetitive in its own right, it's got an atmosphere that quickly takes over the listener. Can't stop playing this.

4. Ink - First time listening didn't bode well, but it's been growing on me pretty quickly. It's a cute and catchy track and has hints of Viva instrumentation.

5. Another's Arms - Surprised me because I didn't like the live version much, but lyrics don't seem to hinder the beauty of the instrumentation on this track.

6. True Love - Still adapting to Jonny's atonal solo, and although a great chord progression, could use a bit of variety in use of volume and instrumentation. It's a bit repetitive although ethereal all the same.

7. Magic - Chill song, just not the best on the album.

8. A Sky Full Of Stars - A great track, but a bit out of place on this type of album. Kind of repetitive and a bit too poppy, but it's a nice happy song.

9. Oceans - Live version was so heartfelt, but I'm just not feeling the studio version.

It sure is nice to see different opinions and thoughts! Everybody has a favorite or a song they don't like for very different reasons. All those differing opinions and thoughts are what make life so beautiful, like a gorgeous array of colors in a rainbow! That being said, when I started this thread I thought I would be able to rank the songs.. but ATM I just can't do it. It feels like it needs to be heard whole, no one song can be without the other. While that could be the greatest weakness for each individual song, it's also the albums greatest strength to me. The two songs that jump out to me are AIMH and O. But I love them all. If I had to pick a song I may ignore somewhat later on it might be AA. I like it, there's just something about it that doesn't make it all that memorable to me(except the epic guitar solo/bass solo), IDK. My opinion will probably change a hundred times, but for now that's my two, or three cents :) AMAZING album.

Ok after a few listens to every song, my opinions haven't changed much, except for Ink. True Love started out amazing, but now as I listen more closely I'm losing just a tiny bit of love for it. Still great songs and a great album tho.

1. O - Classic piano and soulful, heartfelt singing on Chris's part. I really felt Chris's sadness when Zane Lowe played this track. One of their best songs ever IMO.

2. Always In My Head - From the first sounds of the intro, you can tell this is classic Coldplay, combining Parachutes and Viva techniques.

3. Midnight - Although repetitive in its own right, it's got an atmosphere that quickly takes over the listener. Can't stop playing this.

4. Ink - First time listening didn't bode well, but it's been growing on me pretty quickly. It's a cute and catchy track and has hints of Viva instrumentation.

5. Another's Arms - Surprised me because I didn't like the live version much, but lyrics don't seem to hinder the beauty of the instrumentation on this track.

6. True Love - Still adapting to Jonny's atonal solo, and although a great chord progression, could use a bit of variety in use of volume and instrumentation. It's a bit repetitive although ethereal all the same.

7. Magic - Chill song, just not the best on the album.

8. A Sky Full Of Stars - A great track, but a bit out of place on this type of album. Kind of repetitive and a bit too poppy, but it's a nice happy song.

9. Oceans - Live version was so heartfelt, but I'm just not feeling the studio version.

Yeah now that you mention it, it kinda reminds me of Rainy Day for some reason.. both songs I like

Wow, so much hate eh. So, fanboy and what else? I answer to you based on music, atonal music which you don't like. Im not defending CP or Jonny, could be any other band. But you with your taste calling shit atonal music, now that's pathetic. Think about it.

1. O

It's essentially a perfect Coldplay song. Piano melody is beautiful and simple, and there is no grandiose sounds to be found. It is simply a song about heartbreak, love, and loss, so the music fits accordingly. Haunting is the word that keeps coming up among friends. This is the song that fans will remember from the Ghost Stories era. A 'staple' if you will.

2. Midnight

What can be said that hasn't been said already? It's so different from every other Coldplay song and it works splendidly. Especially within the context of the album it feels right at home among the other tracks on Ghost Stories.

3. Ink

Ink is possibly one of the most fun Coldplay songs I've ever heard. The beat is really catchy and not to mention the chorus which feels like you have to be smiling while you sing it. Wins the award for 'song they should have used to be a single'.

4. Always In My Head

Perfect opener for Ghost Stories. Most of the album openers are all loud and ecstatic, but this opts for a quiet and simple feeling. Which prepares you for the rest of the album. Lyrically the best song on the whole record.

5. Oceans

Throwback Coldplay, and it totally works. Will's drum pad is catchy and the lyrics are painfully sung by Chris is almost all falsetto. Plus the last minute and a half works as a perfect transition into A Sky Full of Stars

6. Another's Arms

One of Coldplay's most well produced songs, especially on Ghost Stories. Yes the lyrics are cheesy but they feel right with the ghostly feel to how they're sung. Johnny rocks the guitar on this one and Will's drums are about to kill my speaker system, all in all the track is very beautiful and most 'Ghost Story' of all the songs on the record.

7. A Sky Full of Stars

Bombastic and energetic, within the context of Ghost Stories it works like a charm. Outside of the album's barriers, it feels like a remix done by another artist.

8. True Love

This one definitely feels like it will grow on me but for now it's at the bottom of the list. Very beautiful synths and vocals, and a solo which takes some getting used to all contribute to a very 80s brit-pop sound. I wish that they would have gone with a more 'Oceans' approach to True Love instead of a more 'Midnight' approach. If there was an acoustic version of this song it may just be amazing.

9. Magic

Magic is a good song, but it is the weak link from Ghost Stories. In the context of the album it feels a bit out of place, but it still flows into Ink really well. Love the last minute of this song with a passion, and you've got to love Chris channeling his inner Justin Timberlake vocals.

1. O (10/10)

2. Always in My Head (9/10)

3. Midnight (8.5/10)

4. Oceans (8.5/10)

5. Another’s Arms (8.0/10)

6. Ink (7.0/10)

7. A Sky Full of Stars (6.5/10)

8. True Love (5.5/10)

9. Magic (3.5/10)

My least favorite album by them for sure. :nod: I can't complain though, I'm glad they're willing to do something different every album. :thinking: If it wasn't for said mentality we wouldn't have Viva and they'd be like The Fray, making the same music every album which is not thrilling :P Besides, there's still the bonus tracks.