3) Fly On

4) Always In My head

5) Ink

6) Another's Arms

7) Oceans

8) Midnight

9) A Sky Full Of Stars

10) Magic

it's funny that they promoted the album with 2 worst songs of the album, has it become a rule since MX?

Final Ranking:

1. O (10/10) - O for me is one of the best Coldplay songs ever, or perhaps the best. It will take time to answer that question, but for now, it is the best closer. Better than Amsterdam for sure. It oozes of emotions and, like the rest of the album, cuts that "fat" that MX was filled with. Fat being unnecessary noise. The lyrics are heartfelt and special, the piano is haunting, and the secret track is beautiful as well. The bang at the end is like the sigh of relief.

2. Always In My Head (10/10) - And this is the best opener. For me, it sets up the album so well. The lyrics are so simple but so amazing. And the music is superb. For me, it beats Politik, not because its a better song, but how it opens and makes a statement. And one other thing about it that I love... its honest.

3. True Love (10/10) - The last perfect song of the album, but by far not the last great song, True love has the best coldplay lyrics I've ever heard. I fell in love with this song when I saw the lyrics tbh and when I heard it done in song form for the first time, I fell in love again. And, of course, the solo <3.

4. Ink (9.5/10) - The music is soooo perfect, the only thing that bugs me is a few of the lyrics, that don't really matter, but separate it from a song like True Love. Its such a happy song and poppy song, but heartfelt and it has a sad core. Chris continues to kill on the vocals.

5. Midnight (9.5/10) - Midnight is lacking in one thing: More lyrics. I wish Chris sang the chorus on more time in the song, but luckily and can click the repeat button. Another chilling song, and I love the darkness of it. So un-Coldplay, but then its like Coldplay to try new things.

6. Oceans (9/10) - The beauty of the guitar and the radiance of the beat of the song is amazing. It's not the catchiest song in the world, but its beautiful, like the entire album. The lyrics are strong too.

7. Another's Arms (9/10) - The studio version added a few things to this song that made it a stand out track. The sadness oozes from the song, and the girl who sings has an amazing voice. Chris supplies one of his best vocals of the album here.

8. A Sky Full of Stars (8/10) - The song is great. Not special, or amazing. And the thing is, it is mediocre to this amazing album. With that said, it serves a purpose as the release. And when I listened to the album in full, it does an amazing job of it.

9. Magic - (7.5/10) - Another great track that is sounds mediocre in the company of such great songs. I really wish Coldplay made Ink as the lead single, or even True Love. Magic put a bit of doubt in the minds of Coldplay fans, that this album would be as it is, but thankfully, the rest of the album is stellar.

92 % compared to Viva's 92%. Its a tie for me, for now.

Lovely review, and lovely rating system. I'm going to have to borrow it!(I'll post a more in-depth review later.)

1. O (10/10)

2. True Love (9.5/10)

3. Always In My Head (9.5/10)

4. Midnight (9.5/10)

5. Oceans (9.0/10)

6. Ink (8.5/10)

7. Another's Arms (8.0/10)

8. A Sky Full of Stars (7.5/10)

9. Magic (7.0/10)

I initially ranked this album third, behind X&Y and A Rush of Blood to the Head, but I'm now thinking I actually prefer this over AROBTTH. Wow.

1. Always In My Head (7/10) My problem with this song is that it's not bad, it's just not really for me.

2. Magic (7.5) This one is your typical pop song, nothing bad nothing great. A nice song.

3. Ink (7.5/10) Not bad, was expecting a little more out of it, but it's a nice song. One that'll I find myself liking more each listen.

4. True Love (8/10) This one's nice, but I can't really find any words for it. I like it though.

5. Midnight (8.5/10) One of my favorites of the album, I love the eerie and mysterious feel to it.

6. Another's Arms (7.5/10) I liked this song since the first time I heard the live version, but I think I like the live version better. I don't like the effects and filters put on Chris's voice.

7. Oceans (7/10) It's ok, it doesn't really go anywhere and is a bit too boring for me.

8. A Sky Full of Stars (5/10) Typical EDM/pop song, it's not for me. I just don't like it.

9. O (10/10) Easily one of my favorite Coldplay songs already. Such a nice song.

Overall, this is probably my least favorite Coldplay album, that doesn't mean it's bad though. It's still a good album, it's just a little weak.

1. O (10)

2. Oceans (9)

Always In My Head (9)

Midnight (9)

5. Magic (8)

-----------------------------------------

6. Ink (7)

7. Another's Arms (5.5)

------------------------------------------

8. A Sky Full Of Stars (4)

9. True Love (3)

1) O (intro and outro)

2) True Love

3) Fly On

4) Always In My head

5) Ink

6) Another's Arms

7) Oceans

8) Midnight

9) A Sky Full Of Stars

10) Magic

it's funny that they promoted the album with 2 worst songs of the album, has it become a rule since MX?

Totally agree. ASFOS and Magic kind of ruin what is otherwise a great album. TL, O, Oceans are some of the best Cold play stuff I've heard for years. I just can't believe ASFOS, so out of place.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1. O: absolutely brilliant. Really emotional and I can't stop singing "a flock of birds".

2. Always in My Head: Meaningful lyrics, great drum beat.

3. Another's Arms: Something about this song really grabs me, and sets a ghostly scene with the tune.

4. Magic: Simple, catchy. Classic Coldplay.

5. Oceans: This one caught my attention with the "Parachutes" feel to it. Very slick.

6. True Love: Loving the guitar solo at the end!

7. A Sky Full Of Stars: Catchy up beat rhythm, when needed!

8. Ink: That drum beat though!

9. Midnight: Great feel to it, I just wish it went somewhere a bit further, needs a bigger climax, and needs to be more noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While some of you don't like ASFoS, I'm so glad they included that song. Not necessarily the best song on the album, but that one lead single that makes Ghost Stories to a complete album IMO. If I imagine GS without ASFoS, it's a fantastic album but still missing the top of the cake. Now, it's complete. And it's gonna gain more radio play as well, which after all isn't a bad thing.

My first thoughts:

Always In My Head 9/10

Magic: 7,5/10

Ink: 8/10

True Love: 9,5/10

Midnight: 9,5/10

Another's Arms: 8/10

Oceans: 9,5/10

A Sky Full of Stars: 9/10

O: 10/10

O - 10/10

Always in My Head - 10/10

Midnight - 10/10

Magic - 10/10

A Sky Full of Stars - 10/10

Oceans - 9.5/10

True Love - 9.5/10

Another's Arms - 9/10

Ink - 9/10

Overall - 9.7

Just for refrence...

MX - 10

Viva = Ghost Stories 9.7

AROBTTH 9.6

X&Y 9.2

Parachutes 8.9

1. O 10/10 Hands down, this is definitely the best song on the album. Absolutely beautiful, this is Coldplay at their best. O may be my favourite Coldplay song ever.

2. Always In My Head 10/10 As always, the band's intro and outro are fantastic. I love the atmospheric feel of this song.

3. Midnight 9/10 When I first heard it I didn't really like the song but it has grown on me. Now it's one of my favourites on the album. I just love it when the guys are going experimental.

4. True Love 9/10 Among all the other songs this one has a special and odd feeling to it - and I love that. The best part is when Johnny comes in towards the end.

5. Oceans 8.5/10 This one reminds me a lot of Parachutes. It hasn't been mentioned often but in my opinion the best part is the hidden track at the end. I've always loved music where extra-musical sounds are used to tell stories and create certain atmospheres (best example: Pink Floyd). In addition to that I really love the sound of bells. As someone mentioned in his/her review before, I would have loved more of these experiments with different noises and sounds.

6. Another's Arms 8/10 It's a beautiful song but it would have been even more beautiful without the thumping electro-drums.

7. A Sky Full Of Stars 7/10 It's good for what it is. I'm just not a really big fan of EDM.

8. Magic 6.5/10 I appreciate the details in the song but I can't help: it just sounds a bit boring and too mainstream to me.

9. Ink 5/10 I hope this will grow on me. Right now I don't like it very much.

Guest howyousawtheworld

A lovely, understated, crafty and subdued album. A few initial comments - O might just be the best and most popular song Coldplay have ever recorded. True Love is stunning and is beautifully produced. Always In My Head is a lovely opener and it's incredible just how much this song gets better with each listen. It's such a vast improvement in every way possible from their last album and a natural bedfellow of their first two albums with an electronic sprinkle to add to it.

Oh and even on the first listen I can hear it is the best produced Coldplay album ever. The band, Paul Epworth, Dan Green and Rik Simpson should take a bow

Guest howyousawtheworld

A lovely, understated, crafty and subdued album. A few initial comments - O might just be the best and most popular song Coldplay have ever recorded. True Love is stunning and is beautifully produced. Always In My Head is a lovely opener and it's incredible just how much this song gets better with each listen. It's such a vast improvement in every way possible from their last album and a natural bedfellow of their first two albums with an electronic sprinkle to add to it.

Oh and even on the first listen I can hear it is the best produced Coldplay album ever. The band, Paul Epworth, Dan Green and Rik Simpson should take a bow

1. O(10/10)

2. Ink (9.5/10)

3. Always In My Head (9.5/10)

4. True Love (9.0/10)

5. Magic (8.5/10)

6. A Sky Full Of Stars (8.0/10)

7. Midnight (8.0/10)

8. Oceans (7.5/10)

9. Another's Arms (7.5/10)

My favorite of their albums. Listening from start to end is incredible.

O (10/10)

ASFOS (10/10)

Magic (10/10)

Ink (9.5/10)

Midnight (9.5/10)

Always in My Head (9/10)

Oceans (8/10)

Anothers Arms (7.5/10)

True Love (7/10)

Im not ready to rate this yet LOL Theres something about how the songs lead into each other .. its such a great body of work . Oh and that visual art just adds to the emotion of it .. I wish that everyone that listens to this album knows the story behind it at least a little bit to truely appreciate it.

Oceans : 10/10, that emotion in Chris' voice, and that outro...

Always in my Head : 9,5/10

True Love : 9/10

Midnight : 9/10

O : 9/10

Another's Arms : 9/10

Magic : 7/10

A Sky Full of Stars : 7/10

Ink : 6/10 (didn't catch up so well with this song, but still good though)

Man it's such a wonderful album. My hopes are completely fulfilled !

(and also... if someone has got a link or something to download the album... I've been searching for it and found nothing yet)