Ink - 0>>>>>>>>>>>>ABYSS>>>>>>>>>>>>Ink

True Love - 0>>>>>>>>>>>>ABYSS>>>>>>>>>>>>True Love

Midnight - 7

Another's Arms - 8

Oceans - 6

A Sky Full of Stars - 7

Fly On - 10

O - 11++

also, is anyone else having a weird time with the outro solo on 'true love'? i like the last little quick bit but the first notes just sound wrong? idk clearly jonny's not playing the wrong notes but they seem like they don't fit in the song....

No, I agree. It feels really out of place and not to mention that was probably the shittiest solo I've ever heard if that even counts as a solo. I'm sorry, but it really does sound like shit. Really turns the song from good to shit.

10[/color]

Magic - 6

Ink - 0

True Love - 0

Midnight - 7

Another's Arms - 8

Oceans - 6

A Sky Full of Stars - 7

Fly On - 10

O - 11++

0's? Man, u really hate this album :P

Always In My Head - 9

Magic- 10

Ink-10

True Love-6

Midnight - 10

Another's Arms - 9

Oceans - 8

A Sky Full Of Stars - 10

Fly on / O - 10

Hi folks, I was sleeping and I see the leak thead was deleted and the album leaks :( at what time did it happen? That's the only thing I wanna know. Thanks! (Answer me like '6 hours ago')

1. O

2. Oceans

3. The other inferior songs that don't begin with the letter "O"

Okay, I'll give scores:

Always in My Head - 8

Magic - 4

Ink - 6

True Love - 6

Midnight - 5

Another's Arms - 7

Oceans - 9

A Skyfull of Stars - 2

O - 10

1) Ink

2) O

3) A Sky Full of Stars

4) Magic

5) Always in my Head

6) True Love

7) Midnight

8) Another's Arms

9) Oceans

Love them all though!

1. Always In My Head (8.5/10)

2. Magic (9/10)

3. Ink (7/10)

4. True Love (7/10)

5. Midnight (8.5/10)

6. Another's Arms (8/10)

7. Oceans (10/10)

8. A Sky Full of Stars (10/10)

9. O (10/10)

O is without a doubt incredible. It is so simple but emotional, especially after watching the Zane Lowe interview.

My least favorite Coldplay album... And the real downside is now waiting years for another...

VLVODAAHF>MX>X&Y>AROBTTH>Parachutes>GS

As far as songs, and I'll rate them keeping my favorite Coldplay songs of all times as 10's

1. Midnight - 9

2. A Sky Full of Stars (I love EDM so have no problem with the song) - 8

3. Magic - 7.5

4. AIMH - 7

5. O - 7

(from here on I don't really even care for Chris's melodies, which is the biggest shock of my life!!!! Cause he is my favorite melodist, but not here) :(

6. Oceans - 6

7. Ink - 5

8. Anothers Arms - 4

9. True Love - 3

This is the only album that has songs I actually don't really like, that didn't grab me at all, at least on 2 listens, where as every other time, one listen has been enough for me to fall in love with their music..

Songs that I enjoyed.

Oceans

True Love

Always in my head

O

Ink.

I think ink and true love could have been executed a bit better but they're all still good, In the 7-10 range.

The rest of the songs not on this list are not really meeting my standards in music when it comes to Coldplay.

Some of the songs could have been good if they weren't made to sound so poppy like ASFOS.

Something about Tue love really gets me though. I love the guitar and the vocals. It reminds me of a B-side or two but I don't remember which ones.

Can anyone help me out here. Are there any B-sides that sound similar to true love in any way.

^There might be some X&Y era stuff in there. I was thinking the title track, but I could also hear something like "Proof" and "Pour Me."

Hi folks, I was sleeping and I see the leak thead was deleted and the album leaks :( at what time did it happen? That's the only thing I wanna know. Thanks! (Answer me like '6 hours ago')

Can anybody answer me, please? Thanks!

I think it was put on iTunes like 4 hours ago

Thanks Rafa!

Something about Tue love really gets me though. I love the guitar and the vocals. It reminds me of a B-side or two but I don't remember which ones.

Can anyone help me out here. Are there any B-sides that sound similar to true love in any way.

Same here. I was definitely getting X&Y era vibes from the vocal.

I think the band wanted these notes to sound a bit odd. You could interprete these "weird sounding" notes as the musical way of expressing the lyrics. The beauty of the sentence "I love you" is damaged by the fact that the girl is lying: "So tell me you love me. If you don't then lie"

However, the harmonic tension is always released because Johnny bends the tones a half-tone upwards so that they are back in the scale.

I really like these weird parts in songs because they make music much more interesting.

i like this interpretation a lot actually

1. Midnight (30+ listens)

Absolutely fantastic. So nuanced and so different, yet always keeping that Coldplay sound.

2. Oceans (1 full album listen, 10-ish live listens)

Very solid, definitely Parachutes-esque more than most songs on the album.

3. Magic (30+ listens)

Middle of the catalogue for the band, imo - sad for me that it's my third fave so far :(

4. Another's Arms (3 full album listens, 10-ish live listens)

Another middle of the pack song. More interesting melody than some of the more straightforward pieces on this album.

5. True Love (1 album listen)

Slightly lower than middle of the pack. Wow, I sure hope a lot of these start growing on me, although I doubt they will be able to grow enough to make this anything better than "Maybe better than Parachutes era."

6. A Sky Full Of Stars (around 15 listens)

I typically love the more upbeat songs (Clocks, Speed Of Sound, Charlie Brown, LiT II are my four favorite all-time) so the fact this is so low really speaks to the relative weakness of the song structure.

7. Always In My Head (1 album listen, 10-ish live listens)

Definitely lower than middle of the pack. Like I said I really hope a lot of these grow on me over time. Of course, they usually do :)

8. Ink (1 album listen)

See Always In My Head.

9. Fly On (1 album listen)

Firstly, my rule is, if there is dead air separating two pieces, they are different songs, so I will count Fly On and O in the same way I treat Everything's Not Lost and Life Is For Living - as different tracks. Secondly, what am I missing here? I'm not feeling it really at all...

10. O (1 album listen)

See Fly On. What am I missing here???

Overall: Probably competing for my least favorite "era" with Parachutes. I hope there is some awesome supplementary material. Also, I feel like this is the first time you could argue the band has "retread" ground - the Parachute-ists can't complain about this one. That being said, it obviously borrows from every era, it's just closest to Parachutes.

Best Eras:

AROBTTH (generally the definition of classic Coldplay, imo)

MX (Coldplay conquers pop, and somehow manages to eliminate all the things about pop that make it age so quickly)

X&Y (criminally underrated by both fans and critics)

VLV (colorful and eclectic, but just can't compete with the above 3, even with all the b-sides, Prospekt's March, etc)

Parachutes (some great tracks, but undoubtedly weaker than the above 4, even counting blue room and safety)

Ghost Stories (c'mon b-sides... we could really actually use an EP)

again is there a link for the stream that is not itunes? I wanna listen n my computer but dont wanna install itunes I only use itunes on my phone

1. Oceans - Totally exceeded my expectations. Fucking brilliant in every single way. 5/5

2. O - Dissapointed that neither this or the hidden track are longer, but it's all beautiful. "Maybe one day I'll fly next to you" cut through me life a knife. 5/5

3. Midnight - Really fits in well with the rest of the album. It was an odd choice for a single, but I'm so glad it's here. 4.5/5

4. Always In My Head - I loved the live version like crazy. The studio version still needs to grow on me a bit, but it's an amazing song regardless of how it's recorded. 4.5/5

5. Another's Arms - I like it but don't love it. Lots of ingredients to make a great song in here but for some reason it never fully clicks. 4/5

6. True Love - If this was just voice and orchestra it would shoot right near the top of my list. But that fucking Timbaland beat ruins it for me. Which is a shame as it could've been the best song on here. 3.5/5

7. Magic - Great production, great bassline, and it's catchy. But like Another's Arms, there's an indefinable something standing in the way of making it great. 3.5/5

8. Ink - Dunno how to feel about this one. The beat is awful and the melodies are right out of the FM top 40 charts. It could've easily have been an overblown MX anthem, but the subtle production saves it. All in all, I kinda like it. 3/5

9. A Sky Full Of Stars - Ugh. 2/5

I'd like to download the iTunes stream so I can listen in my car or when I'm traveling by plane this week. Anywhere to do that?