1. O (9/10) *Only based on the snippet*

2. Always In My Head (9/10)

3. Midnight (8.5/10)

4. A Sky Full of Stars (8/10)

5. Oceans (7.5/10)

6. Another's Arms (6.5/10)

7. Magic (6.5/10)

----

8. True Love (6/10) *Snippet was really bad, so this ranking is pretty high for a terrible one minute recording*

1. Always In My Head

2. O

3. Oceans

4. Ink

5. A Sky Full Of Stars

6. Magic

7. Midnight

8. Another's Arms

9. True Love

I have to say, in the context of the whole record A Sky Full Of Stars and Oceans have flown up. True Love isn't sticking yet.

After streaming:

1) True love (10/10) one of Coldplay's best ever song, maybe my second favourite after Violet Hill

2) Oceans (10/10) not as good as live but still so beautiful and parachutes-esque

3) Another's Arms (10/10) prefer it live as well but not gunna complain, it's fit as fuck

4) Midnight (10/10) thought it was elevator music at first but it's really grown on me and I consider it an album favourite

5) Ink (9/10) Amazing again but sounds more generic than the other songs, almost as if Timbaland worked on this rather than True Love

6) Always in My Head (9/10) Brilliant album starter, classic Coldplay

7) O (9/10) Easily one of the best songs on the album, but for some reason 7th on my list :') :'D

8) Magic (6.5/10) solid song, nicer at the end with the acoustic guitar, and much more beautiful live

9) A Sky Full Of Stars (4/10) song almost made purely to be played live, doesn't fit in the album IMO

After streaming:

1) True love (10/10) one of Coldplay's best ever song, maybe my second favourite after Violet Hill

2) Oceans (10/10) not as good as live but still so beautiful and parachutes-esque

3) Another's Arms (10/10) prefer it live as well but not gunna complain, it's fit as fuck

4) Midnight (10/10) thought it was elevator music at first but it's really grown on me and I consider it an album favourite

5) Ink (9/10) Amazing again but sounds more generic than the other songs, almost as if Timbaland worked on this rather than True Love

6) Always in My Head (9/10) Brilliant album starter, classic Coldplay

7) O (9/10) Easily one of the best songs on the album, but for some reason 7th on my list :') :'D

8) Magic (6.5/10) solid song, nicer at the end with the acoustic guitar, and much more beautiful live

9) A Sky Full Of Stars (4/10) song almost made purely to be played live, doesn't fit in the album IMO

I have listened to the album three times through now, and this is my final list. Overall, I like it, but I might say it is my least favourite Coldplay album with some of my favourite Coldplay moments ever. All just my opinion.

1. Midnight (9.5/10) This song is without a doubt the most beautiful. I only wish it was longer. I love the droning atmosphere, the faint electronic sprinkles, and the slow, careful build to an incredible, textured, layered, throbbing climax (not sexual.) This is top notch electronica and classic Coldplay.

2. (Fly On) O--9/10-- Lovely piano, great vocals help the cliched lyrics. Awesome melody and meditative. O is absolutely incredible, up there with Midnight for sheer ambience and production value. Once again, I wish this was longer and explored more.

3. Always In My Head (8.5/10) Once again, love the ambience that opens the album, the guitar, the bass, the lyrics, the drumming, all create a relaxed, almost floating sensation making this more danceable than ASFOS. Solid start to album.

4. Oceans (8.5/10) Love how this song harkens back to the moody acoustics of Parachutes. I like the lyrics and instrumental, but not so much the synths that come in. The end of the track however, with the sound of waves, synth, and looped church bells takes me straight to Pink Floyd and I really really really wish there was more of that on the album, or that it went into Wedding Bells :sneaky:

5.Magic--8/10-- Awesome pop tune. Still liking it, though not my favourite Coldplay single. What I appreciate most about this song is the details. Sure the lyrics are corny, but they are sincere, and throughout the track the whole band pitches in beautiful sounds, like that of tinkling glass, reverb, bass wobble, variations in the drumkit, all make this a quality track. Could do without the faux-climax though with the acoustic guitar, sounds a bit unnecessary. Are those the same chords as ETIAW?

6. Another's Arms (7/10) Okay, lyrically I can't say I support this track. But I love how it is a little creepy. They mess with Chris' voice which I like (come on guys, we are six albums in, do we really need more Chris hooting?) The beats are great too. Love how the drumkit sounds here, varied almost hip hop. Jonny's understated guitar is nice, and I love Guy's base line that repeats near the end. Good headphone song, like Magic and Midnight, lots to be heard.

7. Ink (7/10) Certainly the oddball of the album, almost like the Major Minus or Yes of Ghost Stories, and I love that. I really like the fun nature, the flute (or is that electric guitar?) sound in the chorus, the acoustic guitar. The lyrics are silly, but man, I love the way they sing it together. GOT A TATTOO AND THE PAIN'S ALRIGHT! Great instrumentation going on. It feels loose and care free, can't help but dance.

8. ASFOS (5/10) From the get go, this song was a huge disappointment for me. It is okay after a few more listens, but still, it feels like an Avicii song feat. Chris and Jonny (at the end) not the other way around. That said, I like the piano, and I like the final build up overall with the bass and guitar, but that is about it. I just don't see what is so creative about this track, but being Coldplay, I will still like it.

True Love (3/10) The Up In Flames of Ghost Stories (and by that, I mean I am going to skip it 90% of the time.) Okay, so the song is going for that dreamy, slightly dark feel, but is completely misses the mark. The electronics are quite dull this time around, Timberlands bass drum is predictable and uninspired, Chris' lyrics and vocals for the first time ever, have driven me up a wall. This could be a Katie Perry, OneRepublic, Justin Bieber. I don't even know. It is just a bad bad pop song without a band. First times the strings in a Coldplay song haven't drawn me in. The only thing I can enjoy is the guitar at the end, but i can't save this track from being truly awful.

This is Coldplay's poppiest album yet for me. I am a diehard fan of everything they have ever released, but I sometimes agree with some of the big critiques. This album will suffer from ASFOS and True Love, this I am 100% sure of. They will encapsulate he argument that Coldplay makes generic, sappy music. This is a shame because this album had potential to be up there with Viva and A Rush Of Blood in terms of creativity, however, I might put it around X&Y and MX; amazing moments, but also some "really, the same band that released Parachutes just did that?" moments.

1. True Love (10/10)

2. Ink (10/10)

3. Always in my head (10/10)

4. O (9.5/10)

5. A Sky Full of Stars (9.5/10)

6. Midnight (9/10)

7. Oceans (9/10)

8. Another's Arms (8.5/10)

9. Magic (8.5/10)

Honestly I could have given all of these 10/10 because they're all so equally amazing-- each one I love in it's own way, but together the album is superb with the way they flow. This is Coldplay's finest work since AROBTTH, and I honestly think it's better than that tbh.

There isn't a weak song on the entire album.

I'm gonna keep it simple and say this coldplay might just be my favorite. And i actually love ASFOS too in for the release of euforia in the album.

1.INK

2.O

3.Always in my head

4.True Love

5.MAGIC

6.Oceans

7.Anothers arms

8.Midnight

9.ASFOS

I'm gonna keep it simple and say this coldplay might just be my favorite. And i actually love ASFOS too in for the release of euforia in the album.

1.INK

2.O

3.Always in my head

4.True Love

5.MAGIC

6.Oceans

7.Anothers arms

8.Midnight

9.ASFOS

1. Midnight

2. Always In My Head

3. O

4. Magic

5. Another's Arms

Love those ^

6. True Love

7. Oceans

8. Sky Full of Stars

Pretty good ^

9. Ink

I really have to let this one grow on me. I'm sure it will. It's a lot to take it all together

Final Ranking:

1. O (10/10) - O for me is one of the best Coldplay songs ever, or perhaps the best. It will take time to answer that question, but for now, it is the best closer. Better than Amsterdam for sure. It oozes of emotions and, like the rest of the album, cuts that "fat" that MX was filled with. Fat being unnecessary noise. The lyrics are heartfelt and special, the piano is haunting, and the secret track is beautiful as well. The bang at the end is like the sigh of relief.

2. Always In My Head (10/10) - And this is the best opener. For me, it sets up the album so well. The lyrics are so simple but so amazing. And the music is superb. For me, it beats Politik, not because its a better song, but how it opens and makes a statement. And one other thing about it that I love... its honest.

3. True Love (10/10) - The last perfect song of the album, but by far not the last great song, True love has the best coldplay lyrics I've ever heard. I fell in love with this song when I saw the lyrics tbh and when I heard it done in song form for the first time, I fell in love again. And, of course, the solo <3.

4. Ink (9.5/10) - The music is soooo perfect, the only thing that bugs me is a few of the lyrics, that don't really matter, but separate it from a song like True Love. Its such a happy song and poppy song, but heartfelt and it has a sad core. Chris continues to kill on the vocals.

5. Midnight (9.5/10) - Midnight is lacking in one thing: More lyrics. I wish Chris sang the chorus on more time in the song, but luckily and can click the repeat button. Another chilling song, and I love the darkness of it. So un-Coldplay, but then its like Coldplay to try new things.

6. Oceans (9/10) - The beauty of the guitar and the radiance of the beat of the song is amazing. It's not the catchiest song in the world, but its beautiful, like the entire album. The lyrics are strong too.

7. Another's Arms (9/10) - The studio version added a few things to this song that made it a stand out track. The sadness oozes from the song, and the girl who sings has an amazing voice. Chris supplies one of his best vocals of the album here.

8. A Sky Full of Stars (8/10) - The song is great. Not special, or amazing. And the thing is, it is mediocre to this amazing album. With that said, it serves a purpose as the release. And when I listened to the album in full, it does an amazing job of it.

9. Magic - (7.5/10) - Another great track that is sounds mediocre in the company of such great songs. I really wish Coldplay made Ink as the lead single, or even True Love. Magic put a bit of doubt in the minds of Coldplay fans, that this album would be as it is, but thankfully, the rest of the album is stellar.

92 % compared to Viva's 92%. Its a tie for me, for now.