✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank the Ghost Stories songs!

Yeah. Can somebody who watched the secret gig rank the 9 songs from ghost stories? Or at least name the top 3 songs off the new album.

Judging from what I've read of people's reviews from the shows, the top three songs off the album are A Sky Full of Stars, True Love and Ink.

I'm shocked at how many people like midnight. I think it's one of coldplay worst.

I think one of the main reasons why I like Midnight is the fact that the song has a "Kid-Aesque" vibes in it and it doesn't have a climatic end which I think is something new for the band (knowing that their sing-along choruses and climatic build-up as the song comes to an end are among their trademarks). I'm also a fan of Radiohead and I certainly enjoy the atmosphere and EDM influence of the song. What's amazing though is the fact that they still manage to sound like Coldplay even at their most experimental piece yet (imo).

Another's Arms for me is near the top of the list so far. I have to say while it probably isn't musically the best and does flatline at times, the song really has a good vibe which I enjoy. However I do agree it probably like everyone else has put it in at the lowest, should go there.

For me it will be:

1. Midnight

2. Magic

3. Another's Arm

4. Always in my Head

While I like them all fo rme I am not feeling Always in my Head. I just think these songs fit at the right times nd not at others, wanting a more Magic like song at times, and others enjoying the feel that Midnight presents.

1. Midnight

2. Always in my Head

3. Magic

4. Oceans

5. Another's Arms

Love midnight, especially the live version, it is just so different from every other coldplay song in a good way, but glad the album isn't going to follow suit. I also think always in my head is great and could very possibly move to number 1 when I hear the studio version as at the moment I feel some of the parts of the song are bite off. That will most defeat lay be pitch perfect on the recorded version. Magic is good but is a bite to simplistic lyrically wise but has a a great beat. I have only listend to oceans a handful of times but fell the it's missing the classic coldplay lift wear everything peaks, once again the studio version could change its ranking. Another's arms has a good tune and I love the female vocals but the lyrics just put me off however, it is still a really good song, as are the rest.

1. Midnight

2. Always in my Head

3. Magic

4. Oceans

5. Another's Arms

Love midnight, especially the live version, it is just so different from every other coldplay song in a good way, but glad the album isn't going to follow suit. I also think always in my head is great and could very possibly move to number 1 when I hear the studio version as at the moment I feel some of the parts of the song are bite off. That will most defeat lay be pitch perfect on the recorded version. Magic is good but is a bite to simplistic lyrically wise but has a a great beat. I have only listend to oceans a handful of times but fell the it's missing the classic coldplay lift wear everything peaks, once again the studio version could change its ranking. Another's arms has a good tune and I love the female vocals but the lyrics just put me off however, it is still a really good song, as are the rest.

[uPDATED]

1. Always In My Head9/10

Classic Coldplay from the very beginning. It almost feels like the band reminding us of their beginnings. Simple lyrics and sound but what grabs me is the snowball build to the falsetto "always in my, always in my..."

2. Midnight8/10

Coldplay's "out of nowhere" song. Midnight is without a doubt the most out of the ordinary Coldplay song and I for one think it sounds phenomenal. It is missing the classic explosion toward the end, but the trance finale is just as powerful (when listening on some serious speakers). Also, best lyrics from any of the Ghost Stories songs as of now.

3. Oceans7/10

Oceans feels like a classic Coldplay song (much like Always In My Head). The simplistic sound really conveys the feeling of being lost and waiting for something you're not sure of. However, my problem with this song (or at least the version we've heard as of now) is that it feels unresolved. It feels like there is something missing from the track, but in it's defense the version we've heard is missing a minute and a half. The studio version is close to 6 minutes and I'm sure it will be good stuff.

4. Magic7/10

Easily the band's funkiest song by a mile. It takes elements from MUSE and classic R&B to create a simplistic love song with flair. Not the best lyrically, but man is it catchy.

5. Another's Arms5/10

Not the biggest fan of this one. It doesn't have very powerful lyrics or that special something that makes a Coldplay song different. It feels like a b-side that tried to sneak it's way onto the album. However, the final bridge/chorus is really moving with Chris harmonizing with the (I believe woman) ghost-ish voice.

I've been loving all the songs so far... And I have changed my opinion. XD

1. Always in my Head/Oceans (I can't decide this one)

2. Magic

3. Midnight

4. Anothers Arms

I love Anothers Arms, don't get me wrong.

I guess I have to now:

1. Always in my head 9.5/10 The studio recording, or what we've heard sounds even better then live. I have a feeling this song will be in the playlist for a while.

2. Midnight 8.5/10 I've grown to enjoy this song quite a bit.

3. ASFOS 8/10 Based of the live recording I heard (I'm a terrible person). Sounds catchy as hell as the melody is in my head, but they recording didn't do it justice. So it could go up more, but for now a solid 8.

4. Oceans 7.5 A great song, but not very catchy. Maybe the studio recording will fix that.

5. Magic 7/10 A solid pop song without much depth and low key. Its a good song.

6. Another's Arm 5.5/10 The song is growing on me, but I am not a huge fan of it. That's just me. I thought it was bad before, but now I know its just me.