✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That quote officially made me scared about AHFOD. Just because I think I won't like it and it will make me get off the train that was mentioned earlier in this thread; not because 'it will be shit' or so. They'll always do whatever the hell they want and people will like it and other people won't and I'm perfectly okay with that

...but it still makes me a bit sad, I don't really wanna get off that train, too many nice people on it :bigcry:

That quote officially made me scared about AHFOD. Just because I think I won't like it and it will make me get off the train that was mentioned earlier in this thread; not because 'it will be shit' or so. They'll always do whatever the hell they want and people will like it and other people won't and I'm perfectly okay with that

...but it still makes me a bit sad, I don't really wanna get off that train, too many nice people on it :bigcry:

I'm with you girl

I too question the reliability of the source. Definitely seems like the source is Coldplaying, which, no offense, is mostly speculation with no proof.

If this is true, then I am worried as well. The optimism on this thread that there could be a strong pop-rock/80's rock influence sounds great to me, especially with all those synths that have been talked about, but Stargate...Chris' love for Ariana Grande and The Weekend, ASFOS. All of it is pushing me towards believing that we are in for some Top 40 mayhem.

But I think we are worrying too much. Like has been said a million times before: Coldplay will make something that we like and we will all be surprised and happy to some degree.

After the Chris-centric LP6, it would make sense for LP7 to feature more equal input from the other members. But I think we all know Chris 'drives the bus' when it comes to Coldplay, so its hard to say. Don't get me wrong, I would love more Will-smashing, Jonny-soloing and Guy-bassgroving. Just don't know if the higher ups will allow it.

Pop sound could mean any sound. Pop is just popular, if they make a very rocky song wich does good in charts, it's a pop song. The only thing I am afraid of, who's album is AHFOD? Is it Chris' or is it from Coldplay..?

This is the big question isn't it? But even Will Champion is a sucker for a good pop tune...he loves Sam Smith and his favorite song on X&Y was Swallowed in the Sea (a cheesy, sugary pop ballad).

My question for all of you is: has Chris ever mentioned wanting to do pop before? What is his definition of pop music? Is he talking about pop musically (i.e. almost all of Coldplay's catalog is pop structured)? Or is he talking about modern pop music (i.e. Radio pop, heavily produced, studio band: Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith etc)? If he is saying "more pop than Ghost Stories" then that is a bad sign imo, because GS is EXTREMELY POP HEAVY!

I don't think he worries about what genre its gonna be. He has said he has many influences. I genuinely feel he just makes music that come to him at the time regardless of the source (be it Beethoven or Beyonce)

This is the big question isn't it? But even Will Champion is a sucker for a good pop tune...he loves Sam Smith and his favorite song on X&Y was Swallowed in the Sea (a cheesy, sugary pop ballad).

My question for all of you is: has Chris ever mentioned wanting to do pop before? What is his definition of pop music? Is he talking about pop musically (i.e. almost all of Coldplay's catalog is pop structured)? Or is he talking about modern pop music (i.e. Radio pop, heavily produced, studio band: Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith etc)? If he is saying "more pop than Ghost Stories" then that is a bad sign imo, because GS is EXTREMELY POP HEAVY!

chris has been leaning toward radio pop these days. We all know that.