✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Oh god. Imagine the four of Coldplay dancing like that?

'There ain't no party like a Coldplay party'

Lol.....I did have this exact thought but then I reflected and it became evident that the 'Saturday Night Fever' moves are much more suited to their style

....I would upload the spectacular video clip but I'm without Internet at the moment...(& tbh I haven't a clue how to anyway [emoji39])....where is the wonderful Batman in these dire times of need...[emoji601]

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A comment on "Oldplay"

(This post is directed primarily to other "Oldplay" fans like me ;))

Certainly, it is deplorable to see this once so wonderful band choose the path that they have chosen and that looks as if it is going to lead straight into musical mediocrity and blandness, and certainly it is deplorable that Chris has changed from that quirky nerd that he was both in concerts and interviews to someone who now appears much more serious and confident (in a way that imho does not fit him), and certainly it is deplorable that the band now seem to be nearly always apart with Chris living far away from the others, and in summary it is deplorable that the band in 2015 just are not the same as the band when they were at their prime in 2000-2008... but I recently thought, well, that's the way it is !

It is sad because to me it is a ton of wasted potential and talent (that I believe they have but don't use !)

But whenever we think about AHFOD...well, let's see ! We don't have to buy it, we can choose.

And if we don't like AHFOD or the "newer" Coldplay stuff in general, well we still have 4 great albums, lots of brilliant B-sides...I got to know Coldplay too late to actively witness their prime, but fortunately there is lots of concert footage etc. too watch.

Think of all the lovely songs they have given us, and while it is sad to see that apparently that's it and no more are coming, they are really a lot and even if the band decide to go Justin Bieber pop tomorrow, no one is gonna take those old songs away ! They will eventually become classics, and maybe it will be as with Pink Floyd, who released some groundbreaking albums in their earlier and middle career phase but in the general opinion did not release anything noteworthy after The Wall...things like that happen with bands.

Long time ago, someone in this thread mocked that one should clutch on to AROBTTH etc. and listen to it instead of being whiney about the new releases.

Well, that will be just what I'm going to do if AHFOD turns out as we fear it will turn out musically, and proudly so. :D

^ I like confident Chris :P

I will say again though that it seems we're all jumping the gun a little for AHFoD. Although I will be the first to admit that I don't like the Top 40-style pop that is all too common today, that isn't the only type of pop that Coldplay could delve into (I believe someone pointed out that they could go in a '80s pop direction inspired by Hunting High and Low). I am one of the ones trying to keep my expectations turned down, though, so I may just be hunting for an excuse to get more excited.

Plus, if nothing else, Coldplay is always evolving. Just because this album may turn out to be very poppy, that doesn't mean possible future albums will be!

^ I like confident Chris :P

I will say again though that it seems we're all jumping the gun a little for AHFoD. Although I will be the first to admit that I don't like the Top 40-style pop that is all too common today, that isn't the only type of pop that Coldplay could delve into (I believe someone pointed out that they could go in a '80s pop direction inspired by Hunting High and Low). I am one of the ones trying to keep my expectations turned down, though, so I may just be hunting for an excuse to get more excited.

Plus, if nothing else, Coldplay is always evolving. Just because this album may turn out to be very poppy, that doesn't mean possible future albums will be!

I'm excited because it's always a surprise with coldplay. They never make the same album twice. I'm super excited for ahfod.

I'm excited because it's always a surprise with coldplay. They never make the same album twice. I'm super excited for ahfod.

That's actually a great point. I think people here (or me at least) have been worried that AHFoD will be MX part 2, but that's unlike Coldplay.

That's actually a great point. I think people here (or me at least) have been worried that AHFoD will be MX part 2, but that's unlike Coldplay.

I don't think it'll be like mx at all. I think the album will be influenced by a-ha's hunting high and low.

I was listening to Jon Hopkins tonight, and Elegiac came on. I'd love to hear Coldplay make music like this someday. It's right down their alley and sounds damn good.

[video=youtube;VP5_HwlWJX4]

I would love to hear what vocals Chris would put to this ....it's really beautiful...just a nice pure sound....mmmmm....yes please.

I would love to hear what vocals Chris would put to this ....it's really beautiful...just a nice pure sound....mmmmm....yes please.

Right? It's one of the only times I could actually hear Chris' vocals working with another song.

Question to those afraid of the supposed poppiness of LP7:

What is a song on Coldplay's library which you deem to be most poppy? Do you view this as a bad song? Is the song as poppy as you'd like to seem them go? With an example from another band, what is the poppiest you'd tolerate Coldplay getting to?

Question to those afraid of the supposed poppiness of LP7:

What is a song on Coldplay's library which you deem to be most poppy? Do you view this as a bad song? Is the song as poppy as you'd like to seem them go? With an example from another band, what is the poppiest you'd tolerate Coldplay getting to?

I'd say ASFoS will be overwhelmingly what people think of as Coldplay's poppiest song. Maybe Princess of China, Paradise, or Magic. Personally, I don't care for any of them and they are among the least-played songs in my library, so I really hope this isn't the direction they've decided to go for AHFoD. If that is indeed the direction, though, I at least want a few songs with good lyrics :disappointed:

As for an example from another band, I could probably go for something akin to OneRepublic's "earlier" albums around 2007-2009. "Secrets" and "Apologize" are my guilty pleasure songs :P Imagine Dragons also had a few interesting songs on their first album instrument-wise, although I can't see Coldplay pulling off their style quite as effectively.

midnight is the least pop song they have done in awhile. when it came out, the critics were all worked up that coldplay were doing a kid a :lol: frankly, i was too..

Midnight to me isn't a coldplay song. But a chris martin song.

Why?

Not sure what's poppy about Magic though. Seems to laid back to be poppy. ETIAW/Paradise/ASFOS are the poppy ones to me. ETIAW is alright, Paradise is good, and I really like ASFOS.

Why?

Not sure what's poppy about Magic though. Seems to laid back to be poppy. ETIAW/Paradise/ASFOS are the poppy ones to me. ETIAW is alright, Paradise is good, and I really like ASFOS.

It's just a weird electropop song. Not my favorite. It's crazy good when it's played live though. ETIAW is poppy too but ASFOF is probably their most poppy song.

I'd say Paradise. Hadn't listened to it in months and the other day I heard it on the radio and realised that I don't even like it anymore, so yeah that would be about as poppy as I'd like to see them go.

Could've said ASFOS too but that song is awesome live so it's above Paradise in my ranking

I'd love an album full of Midnights to be honest but that's become very unlikely unfortunately : (

Midnight is only jon hopkins and chris, that's it.

Guy's presence is pretty strong though (the bassline), and Will and Jonny were also 100% involved (the beats and some of the synths)

Guy's presence is pretty strong though (the bassline), and Will and Jonny were also 100% involved (the beats and some of the synths)

But those don't count as real instruments...right...?

/s