LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

Don't get me wrong, Guy and Jonny and to a lesser extent Will have their moments on the album. But I don't think i'm making a stretch by saying this album is Chris centric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Q2iEtArvk 5 mins in, near the end of the program Guy and Will both implicitly refer to the album as Chris's. Of course they tiptoe around the idea, and avoid using the word breakup or divorce, but its pretty clear to me that Chris built most of the structure of most songs, and the rest of the band added to what was mostly already there. I feel the band knew that the album was his and let him run with it while supporting him musically in a way where they weren't completely out of the loop but I think its more than fair to say GS was Chris centric. I'd say out of all albums, this is the one to call Chris centric.

Obviously it'll be a happier, probably more upbeat album. But if we look at the style of the website right now and assume that it's representative of the art that'll go along with AHFOD (which isn't necessarily true), then this doesn't look like it'll be a pop album. The look of the website during the MX era telegraphed how poppy MX would be with all its neon and spray paint. The website now is much more understated.

Obviously it'll be a happier, probably more upbeat album. But if we look at the style of the website right now and assume that it's representative of the art that'll go along with AHFOD (which isn't necessarily true), then this doesn't look like it'll be a pop album. The look of the website during the MX era telegraphed how poppy MX would be with all its neon and spray paint. The website now is much more understated.

The website isn't a part of the new album.

The website isn't a part of the new album.

How do you know? Obviously they changed updated the site primarily to bring back the timeline, but there's a consistent artistic theme to the site that may have come from somewhere. If the album is as closed to being finished as we hope it is it seems likely that the artistic themes present on the website currently reflect the artistic themes of the album as well.

How do you know? Obviously they changed updated the site primarily to bring back the timeline, but there's a consistent artistic theme to the site that may have come from somewhere. If the album is as closed to being finished as we hope it is it seems likely that the artistic themes present on the website currently reflect the artistic themes of the album as well.

usually they make a big unveiling of the new theme. that was the case with MX and GS as i remember. also, anchorman said that the artwork used in the timeline was designed specifically for that. no relation to lp7.

For one million cool points, someone photoshop this with the bands' faces on the bodies.

Who's the GFX head on the forum, Batman?

Yes, someone please!!! smart.gif

mDA9WRt.jpg

I should be getting paid for this =___=

mDA9WRt.jpg

I should be getting paid for this =___=

I haven't got internet access but I'll upload a picture of something I have been working on...it's such a coincidence it blows my mind....anyhoo....hopefully I can upload my picture soon....[emoji575][emoji573]

Guest howyousawtheworld

Christ almighty. Just imagine the lyrics if today's shit stained charts are anything to go by? Ghost Stories was bad enough but I had the shocking experience of having to listen to a truly God awful song (and I mean GOD AWFUL) over a shop tannoy today - it went something like 'I really really really really like you' (which I've now found out to be by Carly Rae Jepsen - that girl has a lot to learn). Lamentable in the extreme - you shouldn't be writing that and you sure as hell should not be singing that shit. That's just lyrical genocide.

If Coldplay sail ANYWHERE close to that then it's going to make me wretch to the extreme. I don't think I'd even WANT to listen to another Coldplay song.

Christ almighty. Just imagine the lyrics if today's shit stained charts are anything to go by? Ghost Stories was bad enough but I had the shocking experience of having to listen to a truly God awful song (and I mean GOD AWFUL) over a shop tannoy today - it went something like 'I really really really really like you' (which I've now found out to be by Carly Rae Jepsen - that girl has a lot to learn). Lamentable in the extreme - you shouldn't be writing that and you sure as hell should not be singing that shit. That's just lyrical genocide.

If Coldplay sail ANYWHERE close to that then it's going to make me wretch to the extreme. I don't think I'd even WANT to listen to another Coldplay song.

Even if Coldplay go pop, they wouldn't never reach that level of poppiness. They are a rock band. And their 'pop' will always have that smell of rock.

like everyone else, i'm worried.

BUT! stargate are producers that use writers to create hit music. these writers are generally not the performing artist, but behind the scenes writers. but couple stargate with an actual instrument driven band, you don't know what the result would be. but i think it is safe to assume we would get a cleaner, highly produced, less raw record. that's in the production. we'll have to wait for themes, etc which is i think completely controlled by the band. or at least mostly is.

I believe Anchorman only said that the AHFOD album cover wasn't present in the new website since somebody asked if the symbol they use to represent the pre-Parachutes era was the new artwork for AHFOD. And I agree that there will eventually be a big reveal of an even further updated site, but I'm just making the argument that it might maintain the artistic style present in the website currently.

Guest howyousawtheworld
If they're working with Stargate they better make a song like this

[video=youtube;GLQ0biK-ZgA]

:lol::sneaky:

Oh god. Imagine the four of Coldplay dancing like that?

'There ain't no party like a Coldplay party'