4. Sex and Violence

5. Mist

6. The Race

7. Lucky Sevens

8. Love In a Lethal Dose

9. Harbingers Of Doom

10. Alive Day

11. Tomorrow

No hidden track? And shouldn't there be a track with the same name as the album title? You gotta make your fake tracklist better than that....

Oh shit, I forgot the rule of three songs starting with the same letter...

Here I go again:

Myloxylotwo

1. Great Expectations

2. Car Kids

3. The Race

4. Sex and Violence

5. Mist

6. Golden Arrow

7. Lucky Sevens

8. Love In a Lethal Dose

9. Harbingers Of Doom

10. Alive Day

11. Gardeners On The Frontline

12. Tomorrow (includes hidden song World Without You)

By the way, I would edit my first post and make it all just in one, but I don't know why I can't... Help admins!

Hmm, I wouldn't say 'the completion of a story' is the same as saying the next album being 'celebratory' though.

Now that it turns out what he actually said was that it was a completion of a story, I remember reading it in the news article you just posted and him likening it to Harry Potter and what not. But what I got from that interview and others like it is that LP7 will be bigger (like MX) and not smaller (like GS). All of which makes sense in my theory that LP7 will be massive for the sake of the record companies which yielded to Chris and Co do their less flashy/commercial GS tour. In other words, LP7 will be massive to make up for not touring GS so extensively.

Again though, I don't think this necessarily means it will be 'celebratory' as you say. And concluding so after reading this article is a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. It could very well be celebratory, with it being the last album in the 7-part series, but i'm not seeing the connection from what I've read so far/

I think the surest thing we can conclude from hints so far is that LP7 will defo be big and not small. Ppl are suggesting MX 2.0, but perhaps thats accurate only in terms of how grand the era was and not necessarily in terms of how it will sound. We don't know if they'll stick with the electric drum pad. We don't know whether a collab (with Riri or anyone) is solid or if it was just an exercise/jam sess. We don't know if EDM will make a return or if it was one time thing. And simply saying LP7 will be big alone does not help in answering these questions.

Just to make myself clear: I don't think it will be celebratory, and I'm not concluding that based on the article, because clearly as you say there's no basis for that. It's just how I remembered the quote. :)

What I do think though is that the interview leaves the MX 2 theory plausible, based on the 'completion of a story' quote, and the others I mentioned.

Of course it's really just speculation. But I don't think it's impossible. I think it makes

sense in many ways. And most importantly for me I'd really love to hear MX 2.0.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Rumours of Coldplay tour next year

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>According to <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayCorner">@ColdplayCorner</a>, stadiums have been booked next summer for a possible Coldplay tour: <a href="http://t.co/HEQFzPhkya">http://t.co/HEQFzPhkya</a></p>— Coldplay News (@coldplaying) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/513790299429412865">September 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm actually kind of excited that it might be MX 2.0. :)

Yeah maybe they release those songs officially some day, under a diffrent album name.

I doubt they will call it MX2 actually, because the mainstream really doesnt want to be remembered of that album.

And i have to say, MX is indeed not really good.

LP7

Of course this is only my opinion.... but I reckon If CP do the whole vibrant theme- like the brilliant colour & the (new & improved) xylobands- as MX it would be sensational!!!! What a way to unite a stadium full of people and get the energy pumping! As for the music well I am hoping it will be really MASSIVE sounds that will lift the roof! A real mix of songs - some that are really heavy drum & beat driven, a lot with Chris really ripping open his big voice & just screaming it all out (ha well I know screaming is not singing but you know what I mean) with opportunities for some good audience chants too! Johnny's awesome guitar (like in GPASUYF the other night at the Ace- how good was that sound?) and really strong bass sounds like in Magic would be awesome!

I'm no musical expert but I know what gets me going and this is what I'm dreaming of! It would be awesome.

I have a feeling that LP7 is just going to be MASSIVE in every sense of the word- massive sounds, massive colour, massive voice and a massive SUCCESS. So I'm just goin' ride with this feeling & look forward to their genius. Bring it on!

Of course this is only my opinion.... but I reckon If CP do the whole vibrant theme- like the brilliant colour & the (new & improved) xylobands- as MX it would be sensational!!!! What a way to unite a stadium full of people and get the energy pumping! As for the music well I am hoping it will be really MASSIVE sounds that will lift the roof! A real mix of songs - some that are really heavy drum & beat driven, a lot with Chris really ripping open his big voice & just screaming it all out (ha well I know screaming is not singing but you know what I mean) with opportunities for some good audience chants too! Johnny's awesome guitar (like in GPASUYF the other night at the Ace- how good was that sound?) and really strong bass sounds like in Magic would be awesome!

I'm no musical expert but I know what gets me going and this is what I'm dreaming of! It would be awesome.

I have a feeling that LP7 is just going to be MASSIVE in every sense of the word- massive sounds, massive colour, massive voice and a massive SUCCESS. So I'm just goin' ride with this feeling & look forward to their genius. Bring it on!

This

Yeah maybe they release those songs officially some day, under a diffrent album name.

I doubt they will call it MX2 actually, because the mainstream really doesnt want to be remembered of that album.

And i have to say, MX is indeed not really good.

I think MX is pretty good but they could do even better with what they learned on GS. I think they should take the stripped down sound from Magic/Midnight/Another's Arms/Oceans/O and make it BIGGER. Loud. Energetic. But not overproduced like MX.

And it surely won't be actually called MX 2.0. The idea is that it'll be a followup.

I'm not expecting an MX 2.0. From what we've learned from Ghost Stories alone, Coldplay can bust a completely different sound from seemingly nowhere. I highly doubt they've run out of ideas. I'm expecting the next Coldplay album to be just as radically different as the past six albums were. We might end up with an experimental ambient album, or a country-influenced acoustic alt-rock album or even an EDM-centric electronic rock album. Who knows? Anything is possible.

That's my two cents.

I'm not expecting an MX 2.0. From what we've learned from Ghost Stories alone, Coldplay can bust a completely different sound from seemingly nowhere. I highly doubt they've run out of ideas. I'm expecting the next Coldplay album to be just as radically different as the past six albums were. We might end up with an experimental ambient album, or a country-influenced acoustic alt-rock album or even an EDM-centric electronic rock album. Who knows? Anything is possible.

That's my two cents.

I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to overhype this new album, the past 2 albums were great but they aren't as good as the first 4 in my mind. I think it'll be very upbeat and very similar to ASFoS. I'm guessing this album will revolve around how Anything is Possible and that you need to shoot for the stars! I expect it to be very good but I also expect it to be poppy and very radio friendly:( Coldplay have always had some amazing melodies but I feel their lyrics have certainly dipped..... What do y'all think

I don't want to overhype this new album, the past 2 albums were great but they aren't as good as the first 4 in my mind. I think it'll be very upbeat and very similar to ASFoS. I'm guessing this album will revolve around how Anything is Possible and that you need to shoot for the stars! I expect it to be very good but I also expect it to be poppy and very radio friendly:( Coldplay have always had some amazing melodies but I feel their lyrics have certainly dipped..... What do y'all think

Thank you. Probably will be another bombastic loud album with a lot of production, stadium whooahooo singalongs, because they just want to entertain and CM wants to dance. Well.. alright.. good for the big stadium shows. I will enjoy the show for sure. But I will again feel its not really about the music and a lot of the tracks will be of a more temporary quality. It wont stay with me, I will not embrace the music like the first 4 albums.

I hope they will release some kind of ep one day or a full (double!) album with lost tracks, with many pure/natural coldplay songs. Interesting & timeless.. sigh..

^^Well my friends let us hope for an album that surprises us!! I also think that the next album is looking to be yet another pop explosion with innumerable hooks, singalong chants, and overly simplified lyricism, but we really don't know yet.

We all are probably right to some degree, Coldplay was able to pack a lot of genres into the GS era that slightly pleased all of us (Midnight and Magic being my two favourites) Butwe won't know until we get new material what the next era has in store. Who knows, maybe they will go acoustic, ditch electronics, or go back to more alternative britpop! They could do anything at this point, but I think we all know, as per Coldplay album, we will have some immense top 40 loving jams, and some more alternative, exploratory tracks. Every album demonstrates this, difference is that the last two heavily catered to the top 40....which is....subpar.

I've been wondering about this too. I was hoping that they could something like a combo of AROBTTH and Viva, with nice complex melodies and rhythms and lyrics that make you think. To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the pop-ish direction they took for MX and some of GS. Seemed too generic and simple. I liked the creative spark they had for viva.