✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Exactly. And haha twas quite clever :) Definitely do itttt. But also, every Coldplay cover is so vastly different from the others. :parachutes: :arobtth: :x&y: :viva: :mx: :ghoststories: I admire how they're not so narcissistic like many artists to just slap a random photo of themselves on there and call it a day. Can't wait to see what they have imagined.

Now that's what I love about Coldplay. Each album really has it's own feeling to it. It's always something different every time. And in my opinion anyways each thing they've tried was a massive success. The acoustic tone of :parachutes: ; the rock feel of :arobtth: ; the space rock touch of :x&y: ; the massive experimentation with different instruments with :viva: ; the upbeat, (mostly) uplifting beats of :mx: ; and lastly, after such an upbeat album, day turns to night with :ghoststories: . I really love how they're always trying different things in each album that gives it it's unique sound. It's not like some artists which never try anything new. At least Coldplay doesn't become boring quickly because their music is always the same and they never experiment. With Coldplay, there's a bunch of different albums to choose from all with their different feels, so if you like rock, you can listen to AROBTTH. If you don't mind pop all that much, you have the choice of listening to GS.

But it goes beyond just the music itself. Each album has it's own artwork, the different fonts, the different settings. All of these differences in their albums gives each album it's own atmosphere. And I feel that Coldplay really tries to do this. They want each album to have a different atmosphere, a different feel, with different artwork. They want it to mean something. Which also just goes beyond what's on the surface; many times I've seen Coldplay hide little hidden meanings in some music videos. The Scientist is a great example of this. As far as I know they recorded the music video backwards. It took Chris a month to figure out how to lip sync it all (Now that's determination right there!) And because of this, many people have speculated that if you play the video backwards (really forwards) that there's a hidden meaning to it. That's something many artists would never do. They really don't put any effort into making their albums sound different or anything. As you said sometimes they just slap a random photo of themselves on the cover and call it a day. I love how Coldplay puts meaning into each and every album, and puts some originality into their music videos. They sneak all sorts of hidden meanings in there for the fans to discover. And, I believe that's why some people have been a fan of Coldplay for so long. They don't get boring quickly because they're always trying new things. IMO that's the best thing I like about Coldplay. Props to them for doing such a great job on each album! :)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T-5 hours until we may/may not hear something new! Nonetheless we see them play music for the first time in forever... but they did the IheartRadio festival last year, so if they were to play the same stuff they did last year it'd kinda be just a bit repetitive, you guys know what I mean?

Anyway... [ATTACH=CONFIG]32340[/ATTACH]

Now that's what I love about Coldplay. Each album really has it's own feeling to it. It's always something different every time. And in my opinion anyways each thing they've tried was a massive success. The acoustic tone of :parachutes: ; the rock feel of :arobtth: ; the space rock touch of :x&y: ; the massive experimentation with different instruments with :viva: ; the upbeat, (mostly) uplifting beats of :mx: ; and lastly, after such an upbeat album, day turns to night with :ghoststories: . I really love how they're always trying different things in each album that gives it it's unique sound. It's not like some artists which never try anything new. At least Coldplay doesn't become boring quickly because their music is always the same and they never experiment. With Coldplay, there's a bunch of different albums to choose from all with their different feels, so if you like rock, you can listen to AROBTTH. If you don't mind pop all that much, you have the choice of listening to GS.

But it goes beyond just the music itself. Each album has it's own artwork, the different fonts, the different settings. All of these differences in their albums gives each album it's own atmosphere. And I feel that Coldplay really tries to do this. They want each album to have a different atmosphere, a different feel, with different artwork. They want it to mean something. Which also just goes beyond what's on the surface; many times I've seen Coldplay hide little hidden meanings in some music videos. The Scientist is a great example of this. As far as I know they recorded the music video backwards. It took Chris a month to figure out how to lip sync it all (Now that's determination right there!) And because of this, many people have speculated that if you play the video backwards (really forwards) that there's a hidden meaning to it. That's something many artists would never do. They really don't put any effort into making their albums sound different or anything. As you said sometimes they just slap a random photo of themselves on the cover and call it a day. I love how Coldplay puts meaning into each and every album, and puts some originality into their music videos. They sneak all sorts of hidden meanings in there for the fans to discover. And, I believe that's why some people have been a fan of Coldplay for so long. They don't get boring quickly because they're always trying new things. IMO that's the best thing I like about Coldplay. Props to them for doing such a great job on each album! :)

I have not noticed the hidden meaning in the scientist... what is it?

[EDIT] Now, while I could be wrong, I don't think they filmed it backwards, as they would have to be doing some mad magic shit (or editing, but why?) as well because like for instance when she throws her jacket... or when she falls out of the car lol. Or even at the beginning. But I dunno, haha! Where did you hear that it was filmed like that because I'd honestly be curious to see. But the lip syncing is clearly done... but thats obviously editing i believe.

Guest diogo_sg
Now that's what I love about Coldplay. Each album really has it's own feeling to it. It's always something different every time. And in my opinion anyways each thing they've tried was a massive success. The acoustic tone of [emoji14]arachutes: ; the rock feel of :arobtth: ; the space rock touch of :x&y: ; the massive experimentation with different instruments with :viva: ; the upbeat, (mostly) uplifting beats of :mx: ; and lastly, after such an upbeat album, day turns to night with :ghoststories: . I really love how they're always trying different things in each album that gives it it's unique sound. It's not like some artists which never try anything new. At least Coldplay doesn't become boring quickly because their music is always the same and they never experiment. With Coldplay, there's a bunch of different albums to choose from all with their different feels, so if you like rock, you can listen to AROBTTH. If you don't mind pop all that much, you have the choice of listening to GS.

This post puts together my opinion on Coldplay and why I love all of their albums, songs and eras. I'm so glad to see someone else sharing the same opinion as me. I like your mind. I like your mind a lot.

[EDIT] Now, while I could be wrong, I don't think they filmed it backwards, as they would have to be doing some mad magic shit (or editing, but why?) as well because like for instance when she throws her jacket... or when she falls out of the car lol. Or even at the beginning. But I dunno, haha! Where did you hear that it was filmed like that because I'd honestly be curious to see. But the lip syncing is clearly done... but thats obviously editing i believe.

I'm pretty sure they did do The Scientist video backwards. Chris had to learn the lyrics backwards so they could do it.

Guest diogo_sg
I'm pretty sure they did do The Scientist video backwards. Chris had to learn the lyrics backwards so they could do it. It's pretty cool how they did that.

I know right?

Have you watched the video/heard the song backwards yet? It's so weird! I wonder how long it took for him to learn how to sing it backwards.

I know right?

Have you watched the video/heard the song backwards yet? It's so weird! I wonder how long it took for him to learn how to sing it backwards.

It's awesome. I love the ending with the oooh oooh's. Someone on the forum (forgive me, I forget who) made a studio version of the Twisted Logic Tour live version of The Scientist, where the song goes into reverse at the end. It sounds so great.

It's awesome. I love the ending with the oooh oooh's. Someone on the forum (forgive me, I forget who) made a studio version of the Twisted Logic Tour live version of The Scientist, where the song goes into reverse at the end. It sounds so great.

That has such powerful symbolism in it, I can't even . . .

But to put the thread somewhat back on topic: CAN WE PLEASE GET A SONG LIKE THAT ON AHFOD

I mean, that this point all I'm asking for as far as songs to be included on AHFoD are:

1. another Violet Hill

2. another Strawberry Swing

3. another Politik

4. another Clocks

5. another Swallowed in the Sea

6. another Twisted Logic

7. another ARoBttH

8. another The Scientist

Is that so much to ask, I mean really :rolleyes:

If you watch the video backwards (As in reverse so the narrative happens chronologically) the physics of the car crash are really messed up, it's quite humorous actually.

[video=youtube;pVP6ckWxO_4]

But to put the thread somewhat back on topic: CAN WE PLEASE GET A SONG LIKE THAT ON AHFOD

I mean, that this point all I'm asking for as far as songs to be included on AHFoD are:

1. another Violet Hill

3. another Politik

4. another Clocks

6. another Twisted Logic

7. another ARoBttH

8. another The Scientist

Just add Talk and im totally with you ! :)

Guest diogo_sg

Could you post a link, please?

If I missed anything in my reply's, I'm sorry. I've unfortunately came down with a cold. Onto the post...

the_escapist, your quote's in red.

Ronnie O Sollivan, your quote's in blue.

diogo_sg, your quote's in gold.

mikaeeljan, your 2 quotes are in green.

Apparently Coldplay is performing second tonight. Just after Sam Smith.

Sweet! Thanks for the update. Looks like I won't have to sit through a million artists before I get to hear Coldplay.

1. another Violet Hill

3. another Politik

4. another Clocks

6. another Twisted Logic

7. another ARoBttH

8. another The Scientist

Just add Talk and im totally with you ! :)

I know most of you don't like Paradise nearly as much as I do, but add another Paradise and Viva to the list and this would be the best album yet by Coldplay IMO.

This post puts together my opinion on Coldplay and why I love all of their albums, songs and eras. I'm so glad to see someone else sharing the same opinion as me. I like your mind. I like your mind a lot.

Lol well thank you! :D Yeah, I really like Coldplay because of this. For me at least, when I'm in a certain mood one day I'll listen to one album. And another day, a different mood, a different album. No matter what mood I'm in there's always some album that fits it. Coldplay's done a great job of setting the tone of each album. It's great that they have a taste for trying new things, unlike some other artists. That's why Coldplay doesn't get old quickly. That, and the fact that they don't really get overplayed on the radio. I actually like it that they're not that kind of popular. Their gems are more hidden, and they're not overplayed, keeping then enjoyable for a long time. Other artist's music isn't really different, so you can't really listen to different albums for different moods. Sometimes their music gets overplayed on the radio, so it gets old fast. That's besides the point that some of these other artist's music doesn't really have the same, deep meanings that Coldplay does. Coldplay's sort of part of a special group in that way. They always put so much thought into everything, into their albums, into their music. Some other artists don't do that. Don't get me wrong, there are some artists out there as deep as Coldplay in this sort of sense, but for the most part many artist's just don't really go that deep. Thanks to Coldplay for being an amazing band and putting so much effort into everything. It really makes a difference! :D

Here's the source claiming the video was shot backwards.

And as for the hidden meaning, I think that if you actualy play the video backwards, you realze the car wreck killed both of them. The parts he's wearing a white shirt are symbolic of him being dead... At least that's how I interpreted it. Just a thought. That's what I think it is anyway. And the symbolism in is is just so powerful I just can't. Okay? I just can't. I don't think I've ever seen such a deep music video ever before, recorded in reverse, with such a deep meaning, both backwards and forwards. It might just be the best music video in that sense. I don't think many other artists would even go half that far.

T-5 hours until we may/may not hear something new! Nonetheless we see them play music for the first time in forever... but they did the IheartRadio festival last year, so if they were to play the same stuff they did last year it'd kinda be just a bit repetitive, you guys know what I mean?

Anyway... [ATTACH=CONFIG]32340[/ATTACH]

You may never know. That's just when the festival starts. In reality it could be T-7 hours... Bud I guess that's besides the point :P

Also, if any of you are interested, here's "The Scientist" video I'm talking about, in teverse: [video=youtube;pVP6ckWxO_4]

@CP3176: Holy shit, your interpretation of the symbolism makes so much sense! I always never understood how he just got out of the car after that car crash but it all makes sense now... As many people have said before, I like the way you think man. :)

[Edit:] And maybe at the end (well actually the beginning of the regular music video) him laying on that bed represents him in the coffin :OOOO

Guest diogo_sg
the_escapist, your quote's in red.[/color]

Ronnie O Sollivan, your quote's in blue.

diogo_sg, your quote's in gold.

mikaeeljan, your 2 quotes are in green.

Sweet! Thanks for the update. Looks like I won't have to sit through a million artists before I get to hear Coldplay.

I know most of you don't like Paradise nearly as much as I do, but add another Paradise and Viva to the list and this would be the best album yet by Coldplay IMO.

Lol well thank you! :D Yeah, I really like Coldplay because of this. For me at least, when I'm in a certain mood one day I'll listen to one album. And another day, a different mood, a different album. No matter what mood I'm in there's always some album that fits it. Coldplay's done a great job of setting the tone of each album. It's great that they have a taste for trying new things, unlike some other artists. That's why Coldplay doesn't get old quickly. That, and the fact that they don't really get overplayed on the radio. I actually like it that they're not that kind of popular. Their gems are more hidden, and they're not overplayed, keeping then enjoyable for a long time. Other artist's music isn't really different, so you can't really listen to different albums for different moods. Sometimes their music gets overplayed on the radio, so it gets old fast. That's besides the point that some of these other artist's music doesn't really have the same, deep meanings that Coldplay does. Coldplay's sort of part of a special group in that way. They always put so much thought into everything, into their albums, into their music. Some other artists don't do that. Don't get me wrong, there are some artists out there as deep as Coldplay in this sort of sense, but for the most part many artist's just don't really go that deep. Thanks to Coldplay for being an amazing band and putting so much effort into everything. It really makes a difference! :D

Here's the source claiming the video was shot backwards.

And as for the hidden meaning, I think that if you actualy play the video backwards, you realze the car wreck killed both of them. The parts he's wearing a white shirt are symbolic of him being dead... At least that's how I interpreted it. Just a thought. That's what I think it is anyway. And the symbolism in is is just so powerful I just can't. Okay? I just can't. I don't think I've ever seen such a deep music video ever before, recorded in reverse, with such a deep meaning, both backwards and forwards. It might just be the best music video in that sense. I don't think many other artists would even go half that far.

You may never know. That's just when the festival starts. In reality it could be T-7 hours... Bud I guess that's besides the point [emoji14]

Also, if any of you are interested, here's "The Scientist" video I'm talking about, in teverse: [video=youtube;pVP6ckWxO_4]

I feel the exact same way. Coldplay are the only band I can listen and love their entire discography. I have the same thing with the albums-mood relation (ie. today I was feeling a bit nervous - mostly because of the upcoming show - so I played AROBTTH and even wore my AROBTTH pin. A couple days ago it was raining and I was feeling a little introspective and melancholic, so I played GS and Parachutes.)

PS: I love that interpretation of The Scientist MV. Now I see it like that too!

@CP3176: Holy shit, your interpretation of the symbolism makes so much sense! I always never understood how he just got out of the car after that car crash but it all makes sense now... As many people have said before, I like the way you think man. :)

Thanks! The Scientist definetely has some of the deepest symbolism I've ever experienced. When I first watched the music video I was actually really interested in watching it backwards and when I did I found out that there was more to the story. :)

I feel the exact same way. Coldplay are the only band I can listen and love their entire discography. I have the same thing with the albums-mood relation (ie. today I was feeling a bit nervous - mostly because of the upcoming show - so I played AROBTTH and even wore my AROBTTH pin. A couple days ago it was raining and I was feeling a little introspective and melancholic, so I played GS and Parachutes.)

PS: I love that interpretation of The Scientist MV. Now I see it like that too!

Nice! Same here though. I love all of Coldplay's discography. Obviously I prefer some over others but I do love everything that Coldplay's made before. And with the mood-album relation, that's something you don't find a lot nowadays, at least for me. It exists a little bit in some artists but Coldplay goes really deep with everything and puts a lot of effort into it all, therefore I really enjoy every album and the atmosphere it offers. I really respect Coldplay for that. Sure, there are a few artists out there that are quite deep like Coldplay. But Coldplay also has a ton of songs that I absolutely love. So many in fact, I find it difficult to make a top 10 of their songs. Those things combined are what make Coldplay my favorite band.

Trying to put this thread back on topic, that's why I know that AHFOD will be great. It may resemble MX at first glance, but if you know Coldplay you know they don't do the same thing twice. So, who knows what this new album will be like. We really only have about 3 hours to go until we get our first, official, and real taste of what's coming. (So excited! :D)