✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Does anybody still think we might get a surprise release still? Either we're getting the album (along with the song, obviously) very soon or they drop the song and stay hushed for few weeks and then BAM! Or do we think it's gonna be a traditional release now?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyway, back to lp7. stereogum admitting that coldplay are a great band??! and what the hell are moon emojis?

Coldplay – A Head Full Of Dreams (Parlophone)

Chris Martin famously compared A Head Full Of Dreams to Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, leading to speculation that this will be Coldplay’s final album. The band shot a paint-splattered music video for the title track in India, which is rumored for release next month.

Will it actually come out this year? A recent Rolling Stone cover listed Coldplay among its anticipated fall albums, so chances are the machinery is in motion for a 2015 release.

Will it be any good? Coldplay are a great band, but their discography is wildly inconsistent, so who even knows how this will turn out.

How anticipated is it? 2.5/5 moon emojis

x

As the days have passed, I have been thinking more and more that it is very possible that we don't get anything tomorrow. There is too much silence. I bet the record label would have leaked somehow that they would showcase new material in order to promote the event and start building the hype. That being said, I hope that I am wrong but be prepared for the worst.

^ Same. To add to that, lots of people are saying that they are trying to "build the hype" but . . . they haven't been doing anything. Building hype would be giving us teasers or cryptic Tweets or something. The only thing we've gotten is the "video shoot" but even that we know very little about (or when it will be released, or for what purpose, etc.)

The only thing that's keeping me mostly convinced that the guys will give us something new tomorrow is the fact that it would otherwise be very random and pointless for them to suddenly come out and play two festivals back-to-back after they've been silent for so long and then crawl back into their news-less cave.

idk what to think :shrug:

That's right. But also bear in mind that they are not playing a full concert but just a short set in both instances. The iHeartRadio format is like that and for Global Citizen, Chris expressly said so.

I mean that's perfect to perform at least 1 new song. If they'd play a 1 hour long set, the new song(s) would be drowned in an ocean of "hits" (of course assuming they wouldn't play only new songs ! )

I can't actually wait for tomorrow (well, saturday morning for me haha, 6 am in Paris = 9pm in Las Vegas )

I honestly don't think so. I know I shouldn't say anything for sure but I saw real instruments in the few pictures that are probably related to this new era. If that's the case then I think many people will be very happy. Nothing at all is confirmed yet in regards to the music but based on the pictures it's likely that they might switch to real instruments again. Which will please a lot of people.

That's true, however the original ASFOS video had real drums in it. So never say never. I honestly prefer real drums, as I'm sure everyone else does, but honestly if it sounds good, I'm happy. I just want Will to get back to doing awesome things on a real kit like in 42. Soooo good!

That's true, however the original ASFOS video had real drums in it. So never say never. I honestly prefer real drums, as I'm sure everyone else does, but honestly if it sounds good, I'm happy. I just want Will to get back to doing awesome things on a real kit like in 42. Soooo good!

Yeah it'd be cool if we got real instruments and real drums again. I really hope it happens. The picture showed just a bit of the real drums but then again as you said the ASFOS video did too and we're not hearing real drums in the version of the song we know today. Let's hope for the best. :)

To the post directly about me (that you also posted), I'm not really expecting it either. It'd be cool, though.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yes, I love it ! It's so great to hear if you're feeling down, that's why it means a lot to me !

Is there anybody out there who

is lost and hurt and lonely too

Are they bleeding all your colours into one ?

And if you

come undone

as if you'd been run through

some catapult that fired you

you wonder if your chance will ever come

or if you're stuck in Square One

And right after that comes What If...what a great album that was ! I wish Coldplay and Chris would be more angsty about their lives again and not see live as one big blob of colour and happiness. I feel that if they did, we'd get more amazing Coldplay songs.

The ending is just superb! Throughout the whole song is so expansive and adventurous - a song to fill a billion galaxies!

And then right at the end it chooses to isolate itself from the energy and wonder before it. It's a sad ending - at the very start he's telling us 'you're in control is there anywhere you want to go?'. You feel the possibilities are endless and you're at the start of a very real journey which you're taken through for the next few minutes or so. And then you're brought back to earth into the reality that confronts you - you're stuck in the same place - there ain't anywhere you've been or you feel you can go - stuck in square one! Dang! If only if I had in hand that compass and map that he demanded half way through the song! I believe that feeling of isolation and lack of options is emphasised by the acoustic guitar finish, stripped from all the electronic and energetic wizardry that went before it. It's as if, for the composer or the person listening to it, all that electronic, spacious and energetic wizardry before it only occurred in the mind. It wasn't real. It was merely a depiction of the mind of what could be real, your imagination taking you through a journey you've always wanted to do but never have. That acoustic ending merely opens up your eyes to find that you haven't!

There is no doubt in my mind that it is amongst Coldplay top 5 greatest songs. No, that's wrong - top 3! An absolute corker of a song and does some serious battle with Politik as Coldplay's greatest album opener.

Getting back to the thread though - I wouldn't at all be surprised if we got the single tomorrow morning/afternoon. 90% sure.

^ Same. To add to that, lots of people are saying that they are trying to "build the hype" but . . . they haven't been doing anything. Building hype would be giving us teasers or cryptic Tweets or something. The only thing we've gotten is the "video shoot" but even that we know very little about (or when it will be released, or for what purpose, etc.)

The only thing that's keeping me mostly convinced that the guys will give us something new tomorrow is the fact that it would otherwise be very random and pointless for them to suddenly come out and play two festivals back-to-back after they've been silent for so long and then crawl back into their news-less cave.

idk what to think :shrug:

Yeah, don't u see a point in them coming out of their cave, knowing everyone's expecting something new, and just play purely old material.. It be too weird no?

Yeah, don't u see a point in them coming out of their cave, knowing everyone's expecting something new, and just play purely old material.. It be too weird no?

Exactly. The fans are expecting something new. I don't know why they wouldn't play anything new tomorrow. It's such a good opportunity. Tommorow's going to be a huge day for all of us. The next weeks will be very interesting to see if they play anything, release any singles, or tease some.

Yeah it'd be cool if we got real instruments and real drums again. I really hope it happens. The picture showed just a bit of the real drums but then again as you said the ASFOS video did too and we're not hearing real drums in the version of the song we know today. Let's hope for the best. :)

To the post directly about me (that you also posted), I'm not really expecting it either. It'd be cool, though.

Hopefully!! [emoji2]

I mean no offense, but 'real' instruments just doesn't make sense. All of Ghost Stories and Mylo Xyloto were overflowing with instruments they've used since the beginning, mixed with things they hadn't messed with before. They never went away. (Not being rude, I swear!)

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. My new theory is that we'll get an official announcement of the single/upcoming album either right after the show or on Saturday.

I mean no offense, but 'real' instruments just doesn't make sense. All of Ghost Stories and Mylo Xyloto were overflowing with instruments they've used since the beginning, mixed with things they hadn't messed with before. They never went away.

I get what your saying. Some people just prefer to hear a natural snare rather that some electronic one. GS really was a one off thing. MX was electronic in some ways, but all of GS was that. Which makes sense. That's just the way it sounds best. To be honest I can't picture Magic with a natural sounding snare. I have seen covers with acoustic kits, and it just doesn't sound as good (to me). Same thing with Ink. I think they sound perfect the way they are. We all know Coldplay go through a very intense creative process with songs. The way they are released are the way the band want them to sound and how they think they sound best. Nothing wrong with that [emoji14] . Anyway, in short, you are absolutely right.

I get what your saying. Some people just prefer to hear a natural snare rather that some electronic one. GS really was a one off thing. MX was electronic in some ways, but all of GS was that. Which makes sense. That's just the way it sounds best. To be honest I can't picture Magic with a natural sounding snare. I have seen covers with acoustic kits, and it just doesn't sound as good (to me). Same thing with Ink. I think they sound perfect the way they are. We all know Coldplay go through a very intense creative process with songs. The way they are released are the way the band want them to sound and how they think they sound best. Nothing wrong with that [emoji14] . Anyway, in short, you are absolutely right.

I understand that, yeah. I never understood the complaint that MX was too electronic or whatever, because like you said, it was pretty much an experimental album (that, in my opinion, worked very well). I do hope AHFOD is less polished all around.

Without Chris' marital problems, we might have gotten AHFOD in 2014. I think it is what the band originally wanted to do after MX. MX had a few elements of the VLVODAAHF sound with new components added on. Likewise, AHFOD could combine the basics of the MX sound with some new style.

Without Chris' marital problems, we might have gotten AHFOD in 2014. I think it is what the band originally wanted to do after MX. MX had a few elements of the VLVODAAHF sound with new components added on. Likewise, AHFOD could combine the basics of the MX sound with some new style.

I don't think that was the case. Remember Chris said this was planned as kind of a two part? (AHFOD being the day to the night). It was already conceived to have a less exciting album first then, bring it up a notch in the next.

Hold on I'm not sure anyone noticed this before but Coldplay's recent Tweet regarding three days till the Festival starts (that was posted on Tuesday or something) then at the end it says... "A". Just "A". It's this tweet here

anyone know what that might be all about? Maybe that's a sign they will in fact be playing something new there because "A" is the first letter in AHFOD...