✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I explain what i meant with "dancing all night" being a worrysome lyric to me. I don't mind that Coldplay songs may be danceable, but if you explicitly make a lyric out of it it might suggest something in the same vein as ETIAW and featuring the "oh we're all so happy let's dance for the rest of our lives mindset" that comes with it, which is something I hope the new album will not (or at elast not exclusively) be about. That's it.

Production wise, this song won't be another ETIAW but lyrically it might be. I'm sure the entire album won't be upbeat though. There's also these lyrics:

"nothing's too broken to find a way, a dream that died by light of day."

The lyric "dance all night" does not bother me; the context of the song is the question. Besides, if the album's lyrics are going to be better overall based on what we have seen, I'm fine with a few less innovative lyrics. After all, nobody seems to judge the line "You know I love you so" from Yellow, which is nowhere near Chris' peak as a lyricist.

You knw what, I think that Coldplay do best when they don't have a collaboration. But if there were to be a collaboration with a female singer on AHFOD like Rihanna on MX, i want it to be Lana Del Rey.

Either this, or they should just take a relatively unknown singer who has just been picked for his or her voice and not because of the commercial aspects. Kinda like Snow Patrol did with Martha Wainwright for Set The Fire To The Third Bar.

I explain what i meant with "dancing all night" being a worrysome lyric to me. I don't mind that Coldplay songs may be danceable, but if you explicitly make a lyric out of it it might suggest something in the same vein as ETIAW and featuring the "oh we're all so happy let's dance for the rest of our lives mindset" that comes with it, which is something I hope the new album will not (or at elast not exclusively) be about. That's it.

Sorry for coming off so rude. :sad: I didn't realize how it came off until I re-read what I said. My bad!

The lyric "dance all night" does not bother me; the context of the song is the question. Besides, if the album's lyrics are going to be better overall based on what we have seen, I'm fine with a few less innovative lyrics. After all, nobody seems to judge the line "You know I love you so" from Yellow, which is nowhere near Chris' peak as a lyricist.

Agreed. It'd be one thing if Chris wrote, "Let's dance, dance, dance, dance the night away!" or something, but I'm going to wait and see the context of line (if it even makes the album!)

You knw what, I think that Coldplay do best when they don't have a collaboration. But if there were to be a collaboration with a female singer on AHFOD like Rihanna on MX, i want it to be Lana Del Rey.

pls yes :dazzled:

Florence Welch could be an interesting combination also, although I don't think her voice would mesh as well with Chris's as LDR's would :thinking: Lorde could be great if they did a song like "Everybody Wants to Rule the World."

I'm actually really like those types of songs which are fine with me but I don't want it to be exclusively that either, I'd love to hear most songs as great as Oldplay... that be amazing.

Wow, good job for finding the new leaked Coldplay video ! Chris's falsetto here is amazing, it sounds so female-like !

The video didn't load correctly for me at first for whatever reason. :D So when I saw this post I panicked thinking it's the real leaked music video lol. :lol:

^ I hope they're actual new lyrics. They better be. Hope they don't go the way of MX... because these "lyrics" on Chris' pants are serious gems that would be Chris' best in a long time. I don't see why he wouldn't use them if they would add a lot of depth, mystery, and story to a song and overall make the song much more interesting. I like these kinds of lyrics that somehow don't really make a ton of sense but are still very fitting to a song. I really like it when at first glance the song's lyrics seem to be about one thing, but there's just some things about it that leave you wondering... Those are the lyrics I really love and the lyrics on the pants are a hint of exaclty just that. They're also a hint of a great album to come - can't wait!

Can anyone do that fancy enhancing stuff on this image to see what's written on Guy's shirt?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32408[/ATTACH]

I'm not too sure how to do that

BUT

Can we all just take a moment to have a look at Will. I'm not sure what it is he is looking at. I'm not sure how he feels about it too. But whatever it is, it's making him possessed :laugh3::lol::laugh3: