✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really want something like this for LP7. This sounds so magical.

I need this.

That's an even better idea. I forgot to mention that it would be like a 7 disc set, where each disk would be an era.

Edit:

You actually reminded me of a project I did for school last year. We had to make a CD cover, and I chose to remake X&Y as if it were being re-released with remastered tracks as well as unreleased tracks. This is what I came up with:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32401&stc=1

All of the song titles are official songs from the X&Y era with an exception of 'Ultrasound'. I made that one up because the main art reminded me of an ultrasound, so I chose to call it that lol. Anyway, something like this would be awesome. Since they said that LP7 is a completion of something, they will probably go in a different direction after this, that has no connection with their first 7 LPs. This would force Chris to break his rule about keeping songs locked away, and then possibly using bits of them later on. He would be starting completely fresh after the AHFOD era. It would be perfect for them to release a giant collection with all 7 LPs as well as bonus unreleased material. I'm talking early stuff such as So Sad,'A View From The Top, a studio version of Moses, and other stuff we never even heard of. Of course this would include Lukas and Famous Old Painters, Don Quixote, Wedding Bells, Love In A Lethal Dose, Alien Radio, as well as.......dare I say it... Car Kids. Also they could have alternate version of songs, like Princess Of China without Rihanna, the rockier version of Viva La Vida, and a more acoustic sounding MX. Oh man the possibilities are endless and this would be so great if it happened, though I know it never will. Sorry for the long post, I have been thinking about this for a while now and just wanted to get it out somewhere. This seemed like a good time to do that lol.

I need this too.

Anchorman just sent out a tweet to announce that Coldplay's set begins at 4 pm. :)

I hope someone will record the concert because I'm not able to watch the livestream since I'm on my way home from Disneyland Paris around that time.

Wait, there is a rockier version of VLV ? Is there any audio snippet available ?

And you don't know how much I long to hear their unreleased stuff - jusging by previous leaks or their B-sides in general, they are sitting on a treasure chest of great songs and melodies but they don't appreciate it as such.

The ultimate gift.....all these tracks on an album! Oh my.

It's like this would be the perfect complimentary album in everyone's Coldplay collection...the entire discography!

[emoji320][emoji173]️[emoji446][emoji445]

That's an even better idea. I forgot to mention that it would be like a 7 disc set, where each disk would be an era.

Edit:

You actually reminded me of a project I did for school last year. We had to make a CD cover, and I chose to remake X&Y as if it were being re-released with remastered tracks as well as unreleased tracks. This is what I came up with:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32401&stc=1

All of the song titles are official songs from the X&Y era with an exception of 'Ultrasound'. I made that one up because the main art reminded me of an ultrasound, so I chose to call it that lol. Anyway, something like this would be awesome. Since they said that LP7 is a completion of something, they will probably go in a different direction after this, that has no connection with their first 7 LPs. This would force Chris to break his rule about keeping songs locked away, and then possibly using bits of them later on. He would be starting completely fresh after the AHFOD era. It would be perfect for them to release a giant collection with all 7 LPs as well as bonus unreleased material. I'm talking early stuff such as So Sad,'A View From The Top, a studio version of Moses, and other stuff we never even heard of. Of course this would include Lukas and Famous Old Painters, Don Quixote, Wedding Bells, Love In A Lethal Dose, Alien Radio, as well as.......dare I say it... Car Kids. Also they could have alternate version of songs, like Princess Of China without Rihanna, the rockier version of Viva La Vida, and a more acoustic sounding MX. Oh man the possibilities are endless and this would be so great if it happened, though I know it never will. Sorry for the long post, I have been thinking about this for a while now and just wanted to get it out somewhere. This seemed like a good time to do that lol.

Great idea! I'd buy that even if it was more than £100:P:x&y::wink3::)

The first thing sounded a little bit like the guitar parts in Magic or AIMH....second thing reminded me of A Spell a Rebel Yell. Interesting find. :)

Interesting observation! And I always forget about A Spell A Rebel Yell. Such a great song. Very different from anything else they have done. I want more of those gems.

• Administrators
Anchorman just sent out a tweet to announce that Coldplay's set begins at 4 pm. :)

I hope someone will record the concert because I'm not able to watch the livestream since I'm on my way home from Disneyland Paris around that time.

It's being streamed on YouTube so assuming they have the DVR function turned on, which they most likely will, it will be up minutes after the stream finishes!

[video=youtube;lnS7ZI1M_bY]

Before I get started here, I'd just like to share something I saw on the twitter sidebar thingy a link to a longer 9-second clip of Coldplay in India. Also, the video description confirms it is in fact related to A Head Full Of Dreams! So, if there was any questions about it even being related to AHFOD that's cleared up now, so we pretty much were seeing part of AHFOD in the pictures we were seeing. :D It doesn't show much, but just a fun thing to share. :P

HowCouldIForget, your quote's in red.

coldplaykb, your quote's in blue.

Safy, your quote's in gold.

Witfang, your quote's in green.

This is a good idea. Still' date=' I'd prefer if they did album re-releases and put say the unreleased tracks from X&Y as bonus tracks for that album, that way everything is in it's right place. I've seen them do similar with Radiohead's albums. There's so much story to tell in MX, I'm eternally wishing for a second disc to complete it. :nod: I'm always hopeful for a Coldplay era where they have so many great songs the band is compelled to break the 42 minute rule. They kind of did this with Prospekt's March though.[/quote']

For MX, I completely agree. That album's really rich in story and a second disc would be a nice way to really complete it. As for Coldplay having so many great ideas for new songs that they're compelled to break the 42 minute rule, I really hope they do that someday. It'b be amazing to see them come up with so many great ideas...

I would love for them to put out a collection of their unreleased material for their 20th anniversary or something like that. Seeing as how the band does not want to do greatest hits albums' date=' and that's what record companies like to do, they should meet in the middle and put out an unreleased collection. I myself would pay a lot of money for that. But that will never happen so mine as well just enjoy these small clips that get put out now and then. I literally cannot tell you the amount of times I have listened to that clip I posted. I can't get enough of it! It's so captivating and sounds so great![/quote']

That would be so cool! I would pay a lot of money for that. They probably have unrealized gems that we never even heard of that would just puzzle us as to why they didn't finish it. There's A Ghost which for some reason never got released, but yet is one of Coldplay's greatest. I really hope they do that someday... unfortunately it's most likely never going to happen, and we'll never hear the real, unknown gems of Coldplay that never was (but should've been). Which is really sad thinking that we'll never hear such beautiful unfinished songs... :(

This is also a nice idea, to kind of make everything seem fit into place into each album along with the new songs:

This is a good idea. Still, I'd prefer if they did album re-releases and put say the unreleased tracks from X&Y as bonus tracks for that album, that way everything is in it's right place.

I have been puzzled about something since the iHeart performance; seeing the stage setup with Indian words & garlands made me ask when were all these Indian items incorporated in the process of making this album!

At first, I thought Chris' visit to India last July had inspired him to shoot a music video there. maybe the song for the music video has also been inspired by the trip, so it is fairly new.

but now after watching the iHeart set, I began to wonder whether the Indian influences were thought of well before the July trip, because if the band has been working on the album for over a year (or maybe even over 3 years as it was the original successor of MX), how come they only came up so recently with the stage setup & instrument decoration?

Could they have been working in a certain direction, but changed it completely since last July? could this mean more waiting time for the album? but what about the rumoured live dates early 2016?

Sorry for the messy post :embarrassed: I hope it makes sense to you

Hmm.. you might be on to something! :P It does make sense now.... but if anything they were planning the trip to India. They might've already known what to expect, their culture, etc. and went there to shoot the vid since they had it all figured out. Usually they plan a music video before doing it so they probably researched Indian culture etc. and everything so they probably had it in their heads for a long time. They just needed to go to India to shoot the music vid.

wow, this thread suddenly became "a critic to mx" thread. I don't understand the hate though. It is not their best album, I agree with that but it is not a bad album either. Some might say that the songs were overproduced, so pop-ish, etc. but I think we should also mention the good stuff about it (the colorful clothing, the graffiti artwork, the world tour, Jonny's riffs, Will's ecstatic drums in ETIAW, Xylobands etc...)..

oh well.. moving on, let's just go back to AHFoD related stuff :)

Well in my opinion MX is my favorite album. It isn't the best, but it's my personal favorite, get what I'm saying here? I actually might like X&Y a little more but I'm not sure, for me it's gotta be a tie between those two :P But it's my personal fav. However I am aware it's not their actual best itself, so don't flame me for that :P

And also, some people just have their opinions. They just don't like MX. But I agree, they should mention the good stuff about it if any of it is apparent to them.

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

I have been puzzled about something since the iHeart performance; seeing the stage setup with Indian words & garlands made me ask when were all these Indian items incorporated in the process of making this album!

At first, I thought Chris' visit to India last July had inspired him to shoot a music video there. maybe the song for the music video has also been inspired by the trip, so it is fairly new.

but now after watching the iHeart set, I began to wonder whether the Indian influences were thought of well before the July trip, because if the band has been working on the album for over a year (or maybe even over 3 years as it was the original successor of MX), how come they only came up so recently with the stage setup & instrument decoration?

Could they have been working in a certain direction, but changed it completely since last July? could this mean more waiting time for the album? but what about the rumoured live dates early 2016?

Sorry for the messy post :embarrassed: I hope it makes sense to you

Chris said something during an interview that seems to be ignored, but could potentially mean a lot: (and I'm paraphrasing) "We've been working on A Head Full of Dreams and it's something we've been wanting to do for a long time..." Just based on my own opinion of the creation of this album, I feel like they've wanted to do this since around the Mylo Xyloto era, but with Chris' split, it was put on the burner just to get it out of their system. I bet this project has been a long time coming.

Chris said something during an interview that seems to be ignored, but could potentially mean a lot: (and I'm paraphrasing) "We've been working on A Head Full of Dreams and it's something we've been wanting to do for a long time..." Just based on my own opinion of the creation of this album, I feel like they've wanted to do this since around the Mylo Xyloto era, but with Chris' split, it was put on the burner just to get it out of their system. I bet this project has been a long time coming.

I distinctly remember the band saying they wanted to make a completely acoustic album for MX, starting with UAtW, UwtB, UFO and the early versions of Charlie Brown but then Paradise came along and they couldn't make it just acoustic or justify the several more years they would still need to complete such an album. I mean they said it would probably take 4-5 years and the quality of Ghost Stories makes it sound like it was thrown together in a couple months (imo, no offense to GS fans). :thinking: 2011-2015/2016? If that's what this is going to be I may die of happiness. :D

I distinctly remember the band saying they wanted to make a completely acoustic album for MX, starting with UAtW, UwtB, UFO and the early versions of Charlie Brown but then Paradise came along and they couldn't make it just acoustic or justify the several more years they would still need to complete such an album. I mean they said it would probably take 4-5 years and the quality of Ghost Stories makes it sound like it was thrown together in a couple months (imo, no offense to GS fans). :thinking: 2011-2015/2016? If that's what this is going to be I may die of happiness. :D

Though it definitely wasn't planned, the closest we're ever going to get to that for a long time is Ghost Stories, as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone think they will have a mandala for the album cover?

It looks like one might feature in the video, and it would totally match the color wheel and shape themes we have been seeing while being intricate and beautiful!

Yes! Or something close to it.

So couldn't we argue that AHFOD is technically going to be the lads' first album of shelved songs?

No, i don't think they'll be shelved songs, maybe more like bits and pieces taken from unreleased songs. That would be insane. [emoji15]

I agree. Maybe the band thought of two different ideas for an album after Mylo Xyloto. The first could have been the more stripped-down record that they talked about near the end of the MX era. That album became Ghost Stories when Chris and Gwyneth's marriage began to fall apart. The second record would continue the brightness and scale of Mylo Xyloto while exploring new influences. I think the band likes to plan things in advance... according to Roadie 42's blog they first returned to the studio to begin work on LP5 in 2008. That was three years before the album was released! Perhaps AHFOD has been sitting in their minds for a few years and only now the idea is coming to fruition.

No, i don't think they'll be shelved songs, maybe more like bits and pieces taken from unreleased songs. That would be insane. [emoji15]

Now, everyone imagine a mashup which includes the backing track of Famous Old Painters, the opening verse of Ladder to the Sun, a chorus of "I run around like a chicken with its head cut off!!", followed by a coda of "OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!!!!!!!" ;)

Now, everyone imagine a mashup which includes the backing track of Famous Old Painters, the opening verse of Ladder to the Sun, a chorus of "I run around like a chicken with its head cut off!!", followed by a coda of "OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!!!!!!!" ;)

And the title of that song will be Car Kids.

The first thing sounded a little bit like the guitar parts in Magic or AIMH....second thing reminded me of A Spell a Rebel Yell. Interesting find. :)

That's totally Magic. Or an early version at least. I think this may be an early version of that section where the entire band comes together after the Oooo ooo Ooooohs. As for the second part I have no idea. Sounds beautiful, though

That's totally Magic. Or an early version at least. I think this may be an early version of that section where the entire band comes together after the Oooo ooo Ooooohs. As for the second part I have no idea. Sounds beautiful, though

I don't know though. I think Chris had said that Guy came to him with the bass line and they wrote Magic from there. I think that was more recent too. This clip was probably recorded in late 2009/early 2010 or sometime around there. I guess Jon could have been messing around though and used part of that for inspiration for Magic. But yeah, either way I find this kind of stuff incredible.