✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To put it into simple terms, MX has good moments, but some poor ones too.. plus it was 3 years ago so everything that's been said doesn't need to be said again, GS was a change and again good moments but overall a bit bland... but I wasn't expecting it, so I'm just happy that we had something

Call me crazy, but All Your Friends as a Ghost Stories' B-Side kind of reminds me of How You See The World from X&Y. Both songs ought to have made the album since they are better than many of the tracks, in my opinon, but their social/war themes didn't quite fit into the mopey, sad relationship themes of the rest of the tracks.

So here goes my hypothesizing...If How You See The World (Part II) was a sign of the revolutionary/more slinky rock driven themes of Viva La Vida, then is All Your Friends a potential sign that Coldplay are going to return to some more socially interesting or "rebellious" themed music with LP7??? A VLV2 perhaps. :wink3: I am obviously very bored and desperate for LP7 news... :\

Call me crazy, but All Your Friends as a Ghost Stories' B-Side kind of reminds me of How You See The World from X&Y. Both songs ought to have made the album since they are better than many of the tracks, in my opinon, but their social/war themes didn't quite fit into the mopey, sad relationship themes of the rest of the tracks.

So here goes my hypothesizing...If How You See The World (Part II) was a sign of the revolutionary/more slinky rock driven themes of Viva La Vida, then is All Your Friends a potential sign that Coldplay are going to return to some more socially interesting or "rebellious" themed music with LP7??? A VLV2 perhaps. :wink3: I am obviously very bored and desperate for LP7 news... :\

An electronic Viva-like lp7? I'd love it. However, I truly believe Coldplay is going for one last big mainstream album before they go into a hiatus and return to just make good music. I expect the most pop-oriented stuff yet. A few EDM songs, I think there will be a Paradise-ish song similar to how Coldplay tried to emulate Clocks with Speed of Sound arguably because it was so popular... tbh, this is going to be MX 2.0. Instead of about a dystopian world, its going to be about them rebuilding it. A celebratory album. Whether it will be good or not rlly depends on if Chris can write decent lyrics and infuse enough alt-rock that it doesn't all sound top-40.

Once again though, if they do a Viva 2.0, I'll eat crow and listen to it with glee.

^Well said. I think you are probably right. They really have set themselves on that path of music. To some extant though, I wonder how their age will effect the sound. I mean all the guys will be heading into their 40's in a few years. Doesn't seem like there are many 40 year olds still making hip music out there haha

I truly believe Coldplay is going for one last big mainstream album before they go into a hiatus and return to just make good music. I expect the most pop-oriented stuff yet. A few EDM songs, I think there will be a Paradise-ish song similar to how Coldplay tried to emulate Clocks with Speed of Sound arguably because it was so popular... tbh, this is going to be MX 2.0. Instead of about a dystopian world, its going to be about them rebuilding it. A celebratory album. Whether it will be good or not rlly depends on if Chris can write decent lyrics and infuse enough alt-rock that it doesn't all sound top-40.

Agree Agree. To the people who are waiting for Coldplay to do something a little more interesting, you may have to wait another album cycle. LP7 will likely be more similar to MX than any other of their past albums.

And I'm fine with that. I want to see Coldplay live at least one more time while they and their music still have a bit of youth and bounce.

An electronic Viva-like lp7? I'd love it. However, I truly believe Coldplay is going for one last big mainstream album before they go into a hiatus and return to just make good music. I expect the most pop-oriented stuff yet. A few EDM songs, I think there will be a Paradise-ish song similar to how Coldplay tried to emulate Clocks with Speed of Sound arguably because it was so popular... tbh, this is going to be MX 2.0. Instead of about a dystopian world, its going to be about them rebuilding it. A celebratory album. Whether it will be good or not rlly depends on if Chris can write decent lyrics and infuse enough alt-rock that it doesn't all sound top-40.

Once again though, if they do a Viva 2.0, I'll eat crow and listen to it with glee.

I totally agree with everything you said! This album will be the most fun, upbeat and dancy album yet! I expect a good amount of ASFOS sounding songs with some slower tunes mixed in. I can't wait for them to perform these new songs at festivals next year! I'm ready! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After hearing that ad (AND I KNOOOOW ITS AN AD THAT PROBABLY ISNT EVEN COLDPLAY :laugh3: ) i think Lennyrotts idea of VLV 2.0 maybe is possible. I think a more celeratory, less dark sounding Viva is totally possible. The strings and piano in the ad was wonderful. If it wasnt Coldplay, its still bloody fantastic.

Completely agree with the top 4 posts of this page and I had the same exact thought. One more pop-mainstream album, and then maybe back to the roots. Plus as mentioned, they are almost in their 40's. Not to say Chris won't dance around still, but I think they will return to a Viva like era. The first three albums were similar with sound, but also progressive. Then we had a middle album, Viva, which was so different and so great. Next another three albums, which are getting progressively more mainstream or at least electronic. in MX we saw a few electronic drum and different things. In Ghost Stories, pretty much every song is with a drum pad. Not saying it is a bad thing at all, just that it looks to be going in that direction. And the drum pads fit very well with the Ghost Stories sound. In short, I think LP7 will continue that path, before they start a fresh one for LP8. Although, they could do a complete 180 from what most of us are thinking. As said by Chris, they felt they had to do this lower key album with more personal songs. So the next one could be have a VLV 2.0 approach. Who knows, we will find out eventually. It's fun to speculate with everyone though! :)

Hi! Nobody actually knows when the next album is coming out, but most rumors, like you mentioned, suggest sometime in 2015. We also don't know how the album is going to sound at all. Coldplay always mixes things up every album, so we really won't know until we get a single. Their new song "Miracles," which is dropping in about a month for the film Unbroken could be a clue, but once again, we really don't know anything about the album or how it sounds.

If you want to see what people have been saying, check out the LP7 thread where we are constantly speculating and anxiously awaiting. Most of us are predicting a big, explosive pop and radio-friendly album, and you can see our reasoning for that on the thread, though many of us hope we are wrong :D

Hi! Nobody actually knows when the next album is coming out, but most rumors, like you mentioned, suggest sometime in 2015. We also don't know how the album is going to sound at all. Coldplay always mixes things up every album, so we really won't know until we get a single. Their new song "Miracles," which is dropping in about a month for the film Unbroken could be a clue, but once again, we really don't know anything about the album or how it sounds.

If you want to see what people have been saying, check out the LP7 thread where we are constantly speculating and anxiously awaiting. Most of us are predicting a big, explosive pop and radio-friendly album, and you can see our reasoning for that on the thread, though many of us hope we are wrong :D

OK, thank you!

I really hope they will do something with a lot of power and energy, like MX. Don´t get me wrong the first two albums of them are maybe my favourite ones, but I also like the other side.

So a few days ago I was at the same place where they did play during the MX Tour and man I was always thinking back at that night and how awesome and special it was in comparison to the concert I was attending in that moment.

I want them to go on a huge tour again, that was a great time!

I really hope they will do something with a lot of power and energy, like MX. Don´t get me wrong the first two albums of them are maybe my favourite ones, but I also like the other side.

So a few days ago I was at the same place where they did play during the MX Tour and man I was always thinking back at that night and how awesome and special it was in comparison to the concert I was attending in that moment.

I want them to go on a huge tour again, that was a great time!

I'm pretty sure this next album will be even more energetic than MX :O. The xylobands are being upgraded to change color so I assume some of the new music will be a little more dancey and "edmish" (I know many ppl here don't want to hear that). They didn't play at any large stadiums because the album was pretty low key and personal to CM. Festival dates are already rumored to be set for next year which means we are about to embark in some stadium rocking sounds.. I can't wait! I do miss the slower, older coldplay sounding songs but I also enjoy dancing to the upbeat tunes. Coldplay will play the older stuff at shows anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk