✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

After all these albums they have produced, they have oppurtinities to go to any direction they want really. Next album would be definately bigger sounding and with big tunes, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's EDM in its purest form. I think we won't hear so pure EDM anymore as "A Sky Full Of Stars" was.

So, listening to interviews about "Ghost Stories"... I remember they said something like that they wanted to make song having one really good quality sound, than having a wall of sounds and different layers which each sound average. I think they managed to do that really well and "Ghost Stories" has a really "clear" and good sound. I see them continuing that ideology with next album, but the sounds are bigger.

And electronics... I think releasing "Midnight" on "Ghost Stories" definately allows them to continue using electronic elements in their songs even more without sounding weird. That's the progression of music. Electronic elements are coming in for many different artists more and more these days and i don't mean EDM synth sounds by that. I would like them to continue working with Jon Hopkins more, maybe even bring him to stage on live shows to play keyboards and handle electronics. ;)

What we know definately is that next album will be bigger sounding and it would be time for festivals and stadiums again. I think that bigger sound doesn't mean dancy and upbeat songs only. There could be some, but there could be also some classic ballads with big crescendos at the end. That's what they should aim for in my opinion... a few songs that could be good enough to play instead of "Fix You" and "Politik" for example... :)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one who wants Mylo Xyloto 2.0 and more tracks like A Sky Full of Stars? I don't know why people say it doesn't fit with what they are. Isn't Don't Let It Break Your Heart similar in aspects to ASFOS? At least I see it. Charlie Brown has similarities as well.

I wish they'd actually go places on their next tour.... :cry: Not all of us live in New York or Los Angeles, or can travel to London.

^No, I think there are plenty of fans who wouldn't mind this at all! As much as I would prefer an album that sounds quite different than MX or ASFOS, I can't say that I would be all that upset if they pulled an MX 2.0 :)

Truth is, as much as some won't admit it, MX was overall really great and I appreciated how they made pop music that was layered, unique, glitchy, xylobrytie but all the same really catchy. If they can balance their quality alternative rock sound with electronics in a fun, creative and artistic way again, then i am all for it!

The problem is that MX had some big faults, and more so, a lot of us that are vocal in the Coldplaying community just don't really care for ASFOS. You are right, Charlie Brown, and DLIBYH are similar to ASFOS, but I think they bring more interesting, original sounds to the table whereas ASFOS features some uninteresting, been-there-done-that chord progressions and some cliche EDM influence that added exactly what Coldplay was looking to avoid after MX: A wall of sound. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate ASFOS, and I love the lyrics and vibe, but it is probably my least favourite Coldplay single, if not song, ever. If the song had to be an explosion, I just wish that they would have worked to make it sound more like a four-person, instrumentally inspired effort.

And your comment about the tour: preach! I am afraid I will never get to see them because they are getting older and haven't come within 500 miles of me since 2009. :(

LP7 is titled Random Acts and features a collaboration on almost every track. Phil said that Chris wanted to have a mixed bag of songs much like Sgt. Pepper's and wanted a range of influences. However, only two of the guest artists are well-known. The album release date depends on their record company I have been told. Further, the album includes a Part 2 version of an old Coldplay classic which Chris wanted to 'put right'. The tour from what I know will be their largest yet, not in terms of shows, but in terms of locations.

LP7 is titled Random Acts and features a collaboration on almost every track. Phil said that Chris wanted to have a mixed bag of songs much like Sgt. Pepper's and wanted a range of influences. However, only two of the guest artists are well-known. The album release date depends on their record company I have been told. Further, the album includes a Part 2 version of an old Coldplay classic which Chris wanted to 'put right'. The tour from what I know will be their largest yet, not in terms of shows, but in terms of locations.

hkghst.gif

ok.... the thing is this. there could be plenty of collaborations on the record from what we've heard of already, disregarding this post anyway. we know that there is a song with madeon, one possibly with rihanna and sza. so ummm... who knows? remember how the "next album title is ghost stories according to some guy who overheard chris in a plane" went?

if LP7 turns out ot be a really eccentric but ethnic album im gonna like it

me too. i'm looking forward to a change. midnight was such a tease. made me want more. further away from the cookie-cutter stuff, the better.

-Madeon song that is like Viva La Vida with the chord progression of Warning Sing.

-The Rihanna song recorded was dropped unless the tracklist I saw changes.

-I thought I saw Miracles was the last track, but it wasn't 3:56 in length so I am not sure anymore.

-Will's best contribution since Viva!

It came to my mind that they should release a space ambiented album. Sometimes they have related songs to this topic, so after some references maybe they could do it with a full album. This could be the tracklist:

Big Bang

Black Hole (The song with a color in the title)

Interstellar

Planets

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Milky Way

Great Bear

Spacewalk

The Astronaut

Nebula

Parallel Universe

Big Crunch

-Madeon song that is like Viva La Vida with the chord progression of Warning Sing.

-I thought I saw Miracles was the last track, but it wasn't 3:56 in length so I am not sure anymore.

can you shed any light on how you came to know these things? and any more you can tell is welcome. whether people believe it or not.

It came to my mind that they should release a space ambiented album. Sometimes they have related songs to this topic, so after some references maybe they could do it with a full album. This could be the tracklist:

Big Bang

Interstellar

Planets

The Milky Way

Great Bear

Spacewalk

The Astronaut

Nebula

Parallel Universe

Big Crunch

Just come back from the cinema by any chance? :P

That Rihanna song on a standalone release will do just fine!

please if any of this is true tell us more, everything you know

after the airplane story i believe everything is written on here or twitter ahahahha

Further, the album includes a Part 2 version of an old Coldplay classic which Chris wanted to 'put right'.

I think this is Speed of Sound...Chris has been very vocal about how this song pains him and he wont even play this in concert as they didnt get it right on the album

Speed of Birds? Keeping up with the current tradition of freedom/flying birds at the end of the album. An ultimate song for the end of the story!

How long before I fly away?

Before LP6, before I met Jen?

How long before we decide?

Before I know what EDM really feels like?

Which one, which one will it be?

Rihanna on the album, or Life In Technicolor part 3?

How long do I have to decide,

Up late at night, with Avicii in mind?

Speed of Birds? Keeping up with the current tradition of freedom/flying birds at the end of the album. An ultimate song for the end of the story!

How long before I fly away?

Before LP6, before I met Jen?

How long before we decide?

Before I know what EDM really feels like?

Which one, which one will it be?

Rihanna on the album, or Life In Technicolor part 3?

How long do I have to decide,

Up late at night, with Avicii in mind?

Dude what the heck :|

Big Bang

Interstellar

Planets

The Milky Way

Great Bear

Spacewalk

The Astronaut

Nebula

Parallel Universe

Big Crunch

These titles will fit on a MUSE album

btw, does anyone remember how the rumors of random acts being the title of lp6 came about? if i remember correctly, oracle denied it.

edit: oh never mind. apparently the coldplay wiki page was changed with random acts as the name of lp6.