✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I respect that but for me Miracles it is indeed good but it lacks of creative and the melody felt poor, its just that looks like a pop rock soundtrack for a movie... where is the daylight in there, where is the square one in there or death and all of his friends or spies or even clocks... I mean its good but nothing special, it really looks like a soundtrack for a movie, everything its so... I don't know simple.... but that is just my opinion you know. For me coldplay is the top 1 from my bands but it is before mylo, from mylo to now... its just felt like something is missing (but GS was way better than Mx for me haha, had more soul).. but Im really hopefull for LP7

We definitely think differently. For me- X&Y and Viva La Vida were disappointments. Mainly VLV, because X&Y became, to me, an awesome album later on. But really the thing with Coldplay albums with me is- There's two types- those of AROBTTH and Parachutes- then all those after. And X&Y I found so disappointing after an album like AROBTTH. But after I got used to new Coldplay, it's held it's own. Every album to me after AROBTTH has something missing though.

But we do agree that Ghost Stories was great. To me, it's my favorite album since X&Y- and probably tied with it. Because my favorite part of Coldplay is their simplicity. I don't like their...huge arrangements, normally. Though the live version of Death And All His Friends....woah! Chris brought the swagger for that one.

who says that originally the band split song writing royalties 25 even and then switched to 40-20-20-20? i don't recall any confirmation on that. what's lead to believe is that, the reason chris gets 40 is because he generally comes up with the lyrics, chords in addition to his instrumental contributions. in that sense, i agree with the adversary, that is indeed very generous of chris. and again, why do you think that this is a new change? my understanding is that was always the case with chris being the songwriter in the band. no one in the band ever volunteered this information until chris did in the howard stern interview. doesn't make it a change from an even split to favorable to chris. even if they did, obviously it was a band decision and no one can argue that chris is undeserved of that.

also, reading the last few pages, all i see is people making chris a scapegoat for all the problems they see in the latter coldplay output. i believe the earlier albums are much more chris driven than the latter albums (except GS). the reason brian eno kicked chris out of the band was to remove his dominating personality. if you listen to the band interviews over time, it sure looks like they became more democratic as time went by. chris sure seems to have loosened up a lot since even the viva days.

anyway, all i'm saying is, project your anger/disappointment/etc at the current status of coldplay at all 5 members. after all, they are the ones that say they are a democracy regardless of what outsiders perceive.

Even GS, which is the most Chris-centric album Coldplay have ever made, still has its moments that didn't come from him. After all, Magic came from Guy playing around with a bassline and Midnight is a rework of a Jon Hopkins composition. The band is still a democracy... if they wanted a 40-20-20-20 split, the whole band approved of it. Everything needs to be approved by every member. I'm sure Phil gets a lot of input as well.

I'm going to try tweeting Mat Whitecross. I'm just going to kindly ask if he's working on anything with Coldplay. Maybe he will tease us like Rik Simpson is. :p I'm not very hopeful that I will get a response, because he doesn't really seem to reply to tweets, but I am still going to try. If he somehow does respond, I promise I will post it here. :D

We definitely think differently. For me- X&Y and Viva La Vida were disappointments. Mainly VLV, because X&Y became, to me, an awesome album later on. But really the thing with Coldplay albums with me is- There's two types- those of AROBTTH and Parachutes- then all those after. And X&Y I found so disappointing after an album like AROBTTH. But after I got used to new Coldplay, it's held it's own. Every album to me after AROBTTH has something missing though.

But we do agree that Ghost Stories was great. To me, it's my favorite album since X&Y- and probably tied with it. Because my favorite part of Coldplay is their simplicity. I don't like their...huge arrangements, normally. Though the live version of Death And All His Friends....woah! Chris brought the swagger for that one.

Haha nice. But the thing is that x&y sound like arobtth but with more eletronic guitar, it really doesn't change much from arobtth for me, its just more bombastic but the songs are really original and creative, more than viva, viva grew on me after time. Do you ever watch the show from live toronto 2006?, that show is the reason why coldplay is my favorite band, if you don't please watch. I really think that x&y and a rush are like brothers haha.

Haha nice. But the thing is that x&y sound like arobtth but with more eletronic guitar, it really doesn't change much from arobtth for me, its just more bombastic but the songs are really original and creative, more than viva, viva grew on me after time. Do you ever watch the show from live toronto 2006?, that show is the reason why coldplay is my favorite band, if you don't please watch. I really think that x&y and a rush are like brothers haha.

Damn during that gig they played a unforgettable version of Swallowed In The Sea and also Clocks! The end of Clocks in that show was really powerful wow..

Damn during that gig they played a unforgettable version of Swallowed In The Sea and also Clocks! The end of Clocks in that show was really powerful wow..

Yeeeees *-----*. That show was... woow. Everything sound even better. Square ended so well. By the way do you speak portuguese? Cause of "futuro"

Kinda disrespectful, dont you think?

And, if you already know there are 20 pages of people whining, why you ask then ? I doubt they would respond, which is good tho.

because usually this thread works like this:

1) people sharing their opinion/complains, which always evolce around the same topics, can be interesting at first but after reading the same stuff for 600 pages you kinda get a little bit tired

2) people discovering interesting stuff/rumours or things on ascap

3) people sharing their opinions again, drawning n°2 and making it impossible to check quickly if somethign came up

i ask because i dont have the same time as few months ago when i was in summer vacation

Haha nice. But the thing is that x&y sound like arobtth but with more eletronic guitar, it really doesn't change much from arobtth for me, its just more bombastic but the songs are really original and creative, more than viva[...]I really think that x&y and a rush are like brothers haha.

That's my opinion too!

And coming back to this thread after two days, looks like we're still running in circles and chasing our tails... :(

I really like Ghost Stories too but it seems a bit plastic-y. I love the melodies that it provides, although they are a bit bland, and something's definetely missing. It seems like there isn't as much contribution from the other band members as there is Chris' contribution. However, I still do love the feel of the album and the sounds within they did make it work to fit. Who knows what it would have sounded like if they used a different, maybe an Oldplay sound. The sounds they used in GS seem to kind of fit IMO. I do like the album but certainly it isn't my fav.