✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

because usually this thread works like this:

1) people sharing their opinion/complains, which always evolce around the same topics, can be interesting at first but after reading the same stuff for 600 pages you kinda get a little bit tired

2) people discovering interesting stuff/rumours or things on ascap

3) people sharing their opinions again, drawning n°2 and making it impossible to check quickly if somethign came up

i ask because i dont have the same time as few months ago when i was in summer vacation

Whaaaaaaaaaa Cakey you hurt my feelings!! Bu-but I like analyzing every little detail for something new!! I'm gonna go CRAZY if I don't get news wihin the next 40 seconds!!! How could Coldplay keep me waiting.. Don't they know I'm a die hard fan who only likes A Rush Of Blood to the Head because everything after that was crap!! If there are synths in it, its pop trash and nothing more! I'm such a die hard fan that I have to discuss this in private in another thread!! Good day to you...

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gai, your quote's in red.

AMDB9, your quote's in blue.

Brook and diogo_sg, your quote's are in gold.

who says that originally the band split song writing royalties 25 even and then switched to 40-20-20-20? i don't recall any confirmation on that. what's lead to believe is that, the reason chris gets 40 is because he generally comes up with the lyrics, chords in addition to his instrumental contributions. in that sense, i agree with the adversary, that is indeed very generous of chris. and again, why do you think that this is a new change? my understanding is that was always the case with chris being the songwriter in the band. no one in the band ever volunteered this information until chris did in the howard stern interview. doesn't make it a change from an even split to favorable to chris. even if they did, obviously it was a band decision and no one can argue that chris is undeserved of that.

also, reading the last few pages, all i see is people making chris a scapegoat for all the problems they see in the latter coldplay output. i believe the earlier albums are much more chris driven than the latter albums (except GS). the reason brian eno kicked chris out of the band was to remove his dominating personality. if you listen to the band interviews over time, it sure looks like they became more democratic as time went by. chris sure seems to have loosened up a lot since even the viva days.

anyway, all i'm saying is, project your anger/disappointment/etc at the current status of coldplay at all 5 members. after all, they are the ones that say they are a democracy regardless of what outsiders perceive.

First paragraph: I can confirm right now how each member is credited: For song-writing, it is 40-20-20-20 in Chris' favor. For everything else, the credit is split equally. Here's the proof.

Now that that's out of the way, I can share my opinion on your thoughts, and I completely agree. Chris never mentioned that it was originally 25-25-25-25 and then switched. If anything it'd be going in the opposite direction, since as you said he said in his early days he got kicked out of the band for his dominating personality.

Second paragraph: I completely agree, the link above confirms your statement that, if anything, the earlier albums were more Chris-driven than the later ones, outside of GS. We shouldn't be blaming Chris if we don't think their later works are as good as the earlier ones. All band members are at fault, since it's been proven that Chris doesn't control every single sound anymore. The other band members do still get credit for song-writing.

Third paragraph: Completely agreed.

Message from the poster: added link to the Twitter tweet that @sa_spurs_tx was talking about in case anyone wanted to know which picture I was referring to when replying to @AMDB9's question about said picture. I had to add this here as I ran out of room in the "Reason for Editing" text box :P

Well Coldplay Atlas posted this at 700 cst

@ColdplayAtlas: #AHeadFullOfDreams http://t.co/0mJMcQpneP/s/1ZpA

m.twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas

Isn't that just a picture from the iheart festival?

A really photo-enhanced one, if anything.

http://lagramoladigital.com/2015/10/nueva-gira-de-coldplay/

More rumours about an impending Coldplay tour! Apparently it will begin this November...

(thanks to @ColdplayAtlas)

I wouldn't trust a website that spells "Coldplay" as "Cold Play".

I completely agree with @diogo_sg. Just rumours, rumours, and more rumours. "ColdPlay"? Seriously? Is anyone actually willing to trust that? I highly doubt the album would be released in November, let alone a tour. It's also in another language, so they might have misunderstood something they did see regarding Coldplay and November. You shouldn't trust any of these websites spreading these rumours that are probably false. I'm not trusting anything but the band at this point, I don't want to be let down and disappointed. That website isn't the band themselves obviously, how would they know?

First paragraph: I can confirm right now how each member is credited: For song-writing, it is 40-20-20-20 in Chris' favor. For everything else, the credit is split equally. Here's the proof.

Now that that's out of the way, I can share my opinion on your thoughts, and I completely agree. Chris never mentioned that it was originally 25-25-25-25 and then switched. If anything it'd be going in the opposite direction, since as you said he said in his early days he got kicked out of the band for his dominating personality.

Second paragraph: I completely agree, the link above confirms your statement that, if anything, the earlier albums were more Chris-driven than the later ones, outside of GS. We shouldn't be blaming Chris if we don't think their later works are as good as the earlier ones. All band members are at fault, since it's been proven that Chris doesn't control every single sound anymore. The other band members do still get credit for song-writing.

Third paragraph: Completely agreed.

yep :) and the only reason that chris said that (only) the songwriting royalties is split favorably to him was after howard persistently implied that chris should be getting way more paid for being the songwriter in the band. and this was the first time i believe this discussion came up where he, or the band, didn't dismiss.

Apparently, Chris is currently in London.

attachment.php?attachmentid=32479&d=1444398035

Have a question about the photo... why is Chris always wearing that shirt nowadays?? :P

It's not really surprising that he's in London at the moment... but thanks for the update confirming it! :D

Guest diogo_sg
Have a question about the photo... why is Chris always wearing that shirt nowadays?? [emoji14]

Who knows? He already has that shirt for a long time, but yeah, he does wear it more often now.

An album (probably) influenced by Indian (India) culture and a shirt with Native American drawing. Hum...

The Falling?

14jvomo.jpg

True... I think from what I saw and you saw... you saw "The Falling" I saw "Snow" on his back.... The Falling Snow? AHFOD released when the snow is falling? :D

Hey.. I think that's it! I think that's what it refers to! AHFOD will be relieased when the snow falls! Or maybe the title of the first single is "The Falling Snow"! Anything's possible! From their mostly (presumably) AHFOD outfits this would make sense!!!

See, everyone? They are teasing us! Only through their festival's clothing though. They're not doing it through Twitter, they're putting messages on themselves as hints to see what we can piece together about the new album! :D They're seeing if we are good enough at figuring out the secret hiddem messages they put on themselves and seeing if we can correctly interpret them... :P Probably a form of teasing.

Who knows? He already has that shirt for a long time, but yeah, he does wear it more often now.

An album (probably) influenced by Indian (India) culture and a shirt with Native American drawing. Hum..

You are right... it may be a form of teasing, in fact, maybe they were considering this album earlier and origianlly got this shirt to tease us about it but now since we are zeroing in on the day that AHFOD is released he's probably teasing us with this new clothing possibly showing potential artwork of the album... or an idea behind it. Who knows, it's probably a form of teasing though since he seems to be wearing more and more nowadays. :P

True... I think from what I saw and you saw... you saw "The Falling" I saw "Snow" on his back.... The Falling Snow? AHFOD released when the snow is falling? :D

Hey.. I think that's it! I think that's what it refers to! AHFOD will be relieased when the snow falls! Or maybe the title of the first single is "The Falling Snow"! Anything's possible! From their mostly (presumably) AHFOD outfits this would make sense!!!

See, everyone? They are teasing us! Only through their festival's clothing though. They're not doing it through Twitter, they're putting messages on themselves as hints to see what we can piece together about the new album! :D They're seeing if we are good enough at figuring out the secret hiddem messages they put on themselves and seeing if we can correctly interpret them... :P Probably a form of teasing.

You are right... it may be a form of teasing, in fact, maybe they were considering this album earlier and origianlly got this shirt to tease us about it but now since we are zeroing in on the day that AHFOD is released he's probably teasing us with this new clothing possibly showing potential artwork of the album... or an idea behind it. Who knows, it's probably a form of teasing though since he seems to be wearing more and more nowadays. :P

Sorry theres no snow here,but when does the Snow fall there?December?

i ask because i dont have the same time as few months ago when i was in summer vacation

Fair enough. And I know i'm gonna get flack for responding to you and not diogo_sg, but that's because I know you better and you weren't asking every day for a week.

But yes, it was more the same minor bickering. Nothing really of substances. I guess I should mention the rumour of the month we're all deciding on believing is a new single this month. But like all other rumours, they stay rumours.

Up to date news of relevance will be in my facts thread.

While waiting for A Head Full of Dreams to come out, i advise everyone to relax and for example check out new album by A-Ha. I have no idea how i didn't notice it coming out a month ago. Feeling so ashamed haha, busy times I guess:D But it's just wonderful music, great songs, rich production.

In some way that album by A-Ha is sounding exactly like i was expecting A Head of Full of Dreams to sound.

[video=youtube;BAzolMGrbH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzolMGrbH4

So Jonny Greenwood (from Radiohead) does some amazing solo work for movie soundtracks. Amazingly talented dude. He is apparently releasing a solo album this fall that is inspired by India, Middle Eastern and other Eastern Music influences.

Check out this preview. Huge Indian influence on this thing. I could see Coldplay doing a poppier version of this kind of thing! Damn radiohead :) Always stealing the show with more artsy music.

[video=youtube;5IQdsIUfnAA]

http://lagramoladigital.com/2015/10/nueva-gira-de-coldplay/

More rumours about an impending Coldplay tour! Apparently it will begin this November...

(thanks to @ColdplayAtlas)

Several times, they've toured before an album release so any shows in November aren't completely out of the question. Actually, I think the only era where they played no full-length shows prior to dropping an album was Viva. There was an extensive pre-Parachutes tour, a summer tour before AROBTTH, secret gigs before X&Y, festivals and two stadium shows before MX, and several shows before GS.

So Jonny Greenwood (from Radiohead) does some amazing solo work for movie soundtracks. Amazingly talented dude. He is apparently releasing a solo album this fall that is inspired by India, Middle Eastern and other Eastern Music influences.

Check out this preview. Huge Indian influence on this thing. I could see Coldplay doing a poppier version of this kind of thing! Damn radiohead :) Always stealing the show with more artsy music.

that is quite addictive. most radiohead members can basically form their own bands with lesser capable musicians and still be critically acclaimed. the amount of talent in that band is unparalleled in modern bands. the only band that i thought of writing that last sentence was arcade fire, but not quite.

holy fuck this is gOOD :wideeyed:

*bobs head along*

diogo_sg, your 2 quote's are in red.

jer123, your quote's in blue.

jc90, you have 2 quote's in gold.

Jamesfish, you have 1 quote in gold that fits in with what @jc90 said about it, therefore I'm including your quote inside his quote that refers to your's so people don't have to go back some pages to see what post I was talking about. (I couldn't even find the post on the last page, so I had to quote directly from @jc90's comment including the post and rename the QUOTE= from jc90 to Jamesfish.

Apparently' date=' Chris is currently in London. [b']Message from cp3176: Added spoilers to image so this post doesn't get in the way of reading flow too much.[/b]

attachment.php?attachmentid=32479&d=1444398035

The photo was taken months ago' date=' afterall. My bad.[/quote']

Oh... :(

Looks like we still don't know where he actually is at the moment... one thing stays the same, though, he keeps wearing that shirt over and over!

It'd still make sense for him to physically still be in London ATM though.

Sorry theres no snow here' date='[/b']but when does the Snow fall there?December?

In bold: Do you mean "there's no snow here" as in there's no letters that spell out "Snow" on his shirt or there's no snow where you live? I'm going to assume the latter because, well, yeah, there actually are letters on the back of the shirt he wore at GC that, if I recall correctly, did spell out "Snow".

As for the other part of your comment, are you asking when the snow falls In My Place (:D) or in Chris' place? (London)

Fair enough. And I know i'm gonna get flack for responding to you and not diogo_sg, but that's because I know you better and you weren't asking every day for a week.

But yes, it was more the same minor bickering. Nothing really of substances. I guess I should mention the rumour of the month we're all deciding on believing is a new single this month. But like all other rumours, they stay rumours.

Up to date news of relevance will be in my facts thread.

It'd make sense for them to release a new single this month, I mean after all they said they're almost finished the album and are aiming to release some news or a single about it as soon as possible then the album shortly after. They know we've been waiting forever, why wait? Also, at least according to some sources like @ov3la said we willl hear something later this month, and as you said these are still rumours that are not entirely trustable since they're still just rumours, and nothing's been confirmed by the band yet. However, they are teasing us with their new stage outfits presumably from AHFOD, and teasing us with hidden messages on their clothes like "The Falling of Snow" which could mean anything in regards to AHFOD, possibly a release date. :D

Ive got a feeling for something on the 13th which is Tuesday.
You've had these feelings and hunches for a while. As have many others on this thread.

Nothing has happened yet.

Exactly. He's been having these "feelings" that "the single will be released tomorrow" or "we will hear news in a week". Nothing ever happens.

No offense to Jamesfish, but... honestly.

Chris never mentioned that it was originally 25-25-25-25 and then switched. If anything it'd be going in the opposite direction, since as you said he said in his early days he got kicked out of the band for his dominating personality.

To be honest it is mentioned in a number of biographies of their early years as one of the things that was determined after the Will kickout deaster :)