✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't worry, for sure they recogized Rihanna.

That's true. :sad: There was a couple in front of me at my concert in 2012 that only paid attention during The Scientist, Fix You and Princess of China. It shouldn't have, but that annoyed the fuck out of me.

My A Head Full Of Dreams expectations roller coaster ride over the past month or so:

pre AOAL - 8/10. cautiously optimistic. You hurt me with ASFOS Coldplay but I'm prepared to forgive you! and besides, that little sample of AOAL totally sounds viva ish right!?!

post AOAL - 7/10. well maybe not viva ish and not what I was expecting but liking it and still excited. Mylo 2 maybe... not bad.

articles and interviews week - 6/10. A little worried. um... spoken word poems. presidential samples. distorted vocals over rap beats... beyonce on how many songs um... at least they sound excited and you know... Noel.

tonight's show - 9/10. at which point I am back to drinking the Coldplay kool aid. AHFOD! Up&UP! AOAL sounds good live! Coldplay is back! I never doubted you guys for a second! Come on December 4...

... but really about that X Marks The Spot Song.

i'm really glad that coldplay gave up on one annoying eno lesson - limiting song length to <4 mins. i am starting to see the value of stargate in this setting a little bit more now. otherwise we might not have gotten 6+ min album closer.

Oh that would annoy any true Coldplayer for sure.

It's just, like, why waste all that money for a few songs? The girl was even sleeping on his shoulder and at one point he had to wake her up. :|

As far as tonight goes -- wow. I am so beyond hyped for this album now I should probably cool down a bit. This has potential to be a classic Coldplay album.

Thats a beyonce 'duet' with avicii involved.

yeah but but but but :D

Avicii is only programing the song , not sure what is that but i can tell it's different than Producing it .. and you can't tell if it's a duet song maybe some harmonizing or even a background vocals

that article in the Q Magazine said : HFTW / Fun / Everglow / AOAL / Up&Up are the best songs in the album

so far so good at least for me :D

they also said "Fun, featuring Tove Lo, is more moving than anything on Ghost Stories"

so it's all depend on Coldplay not the guest .. with all due respect to Tove Lo or even Cat power who sing " wish i was here " beyonce is a STAR and she easily can make a hit song if Coldplay want to

"Up&Up" is bland and terrible. One of their worst song. They went for Oasis (“Don't look back in anger” or “Champagne Supernova”) and failed miserably. It' supposed to be a cathartic song but it doesn't earn its catharsis.

Compared to some of their most universally reviled songs from the past, it's far worse than “A sky full of stars” and it's nowhere near as good as “Princess of China”, a rock masterpiece disguised as top 40 pop/r'n'b. Hell, I even like “True Love” and its strange, oblique chord progression and guitar solo (at least for a pop song).

Off AHFOD I liked “Adventure of a lifetime” well enough, but “Amazing Day” and especially this bring to a new low my expectations for the album.

It's not about personal taste, it can't ALWAYS be about taste.

You can like, say, “High Speed” more or less than “Amsterdam”, but they're both songs worthy of a great band. I personally don't care that much about “Fix You”, but then again who can deny it's a wonderful song in its own right?

The problem with Chris Martin nowadays is that he's not sincere anymore, not with himself at least. He seems like an extremely intelligent and talented human being, but something's been off for years. He's right, Coldplay have never been a rock band. But they've never tried to be something they're not until “MX”.

Sure, with “Ghost Stories” they proved they're not afraid of heartbreak. But plain, vague sadness without anger or real despair (“Ghost Stories”, with rare exceptions, for instance the bonus tracks) is exactly the same as plain, vague happiness without the fear it all could end in a second (“MX”, “AHFOD”).

It's not just about the lyrics (even “Warning Sign” is a great track with cringe inducing lyrics), you can feel it the music.

You can't trick your Muse into writing something you don't feel. Or better, you CAN do it, and he proves it because he's a professional, but the results will be, well, “Up&up”.

Coldplay, embrace your deepest fears. Embrace your inner demons. In “Up&Up” you fix your car but, guys, remember how badly you wanted that faster car in the first place. You made it. Then you started living life inside a bubble, you slowed down. Don't worry, push your pedal, we have confidence in you and in high speed.