✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest howyousawtheworld

How utterly sad and pathetic it will be if they get Rihanna on it....again. The fact that they've done a collaboration with Rihanna before makes it even more laughable.

Chris Martin has completely lost it and he doesn't seem intent on getting it back. I fear he's turned into something incredibly immature in his songwriting. They are fast becoming irrelevant and even a bit embarrassing to me.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How utterly sad and pathetic it will be if they get Rihanna on it....again. The fact that they've done a collaboration with Rihanna before makes it even more laughable.

Chris Martin has completely lost it and he doesn't seem intent on getting it back. I fear he's turned into something incredibly immature in his songwriting. They are fast becoming irrelevant and even a bit embarrassing to me.

Exactly, it seems like Chris is not listening to us. :cry:

I have nothing against pop music. Granted, it's not really my cup of tea, but I can understand the appeal of it.

I'm just getting a little worried that it may start overwhelming a band that *is* my cup of tea. The boys may pleasantly surprise me and pull off a fantastic poppy album (if that is indeed the direction they wind up going for this one; with all the talk of making it happy and bright, that's what I suspect), but until then I'm going to stay wary and try to be excited that WE'RE GETTING A NEW COLDPLAY ALBUM SOON GUYS!

Chris Martin can write whatever he wants with whoever he wants and he doesn't care of a small minority of his fans want a degressive sound from the early 2000's that is no longer relevant. He just doesn't care. And he doesn't care if u stop listening to coldplay cuz there are many more who have just begun to listen to them. So how about we just wait and see for this album and not assume its going to be shit. Because god forbid they make a good song with rhianna and make a great pop album which do exist, if u didn't know.

Edit: not directed at the poster above me in case there is confusion. I'm refering this post to all the people who are complaining.

Touché!

I CANT WAIT FOR AFOD! [emoji72][emoji145][emoji173]️

So wonderful to have a whole new album to look forward too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we need more of yous and less of that other user.

Guest howyousawtheworld
what is embarrassing to me is how close minded people on here are about pop music and how full of hate most people are

get that stick out of your assholes and get over it

We would be open minded if it were 30, 20 heck even 10 years ago but mainstream pop music has become an endless homogenised stream of same sounding shit of which the likes of that robot Rihanna and her management executives have been the bringers of. That Chris Martin licks his lips at these people is beyond worrying and confirms his demise as a serious songwriter. Then again it's not as if he's been hinting at it throughout the last two albums with some average melodies and some truly excruciating lyrics.

We would be open minded if it were 30, 20 heck even 10 years ago but mainstream pop music has become an endless homogenised stream of same sounding shit of which the likes of that robot Rihanna and her management executives have been the bringers of. That Chris Martin licks his lips at these people is beyond worrying and confirms his demise as a serious songwriter. Then again it's not as if he's been hinting at it throughout the last two albums with some average melodies and some truly excruciating lyrics.

There are no mistakes.....only possibilities....[emoji111]️

Let's assume for a second that your opinions and analysis are correct (which they aren't). So if Coldplay don't play the music you like anymore and you're sooo sure of yourself and your future-seeing ways, why are you still here? You're free to do as you wish obviously, but I know I personally wouldn't waste my time in a community that enjoys something that I don't like.

Either you're trolling or stupid, and I was genuinely curious as to which one it is.

I know the direction Coldplay is taking right now can attract/ is attracting a lot of criticisms but I just can't understand the fact that here we are waiting for a new LP to arrive and yet there is too much pessimism going on around. The album is not even released yet but is panned already by some. How can someone criticize something that doesn't exist yet? It doesn't make sense to me...

I know the direction Coldplay is taking right now can attract/ is attracting a lot of criticisms but I just can't understand the fact that here we are waiting for a new LP to arrive and yet there is too much pessimism going on around. The album is not even released yet but is panned already by some. How can someone criticize something that doesn't exist yet? It doesn't make sense to me...

Nor me! And at the moment it's completely unvalidated and just ignorant criticisms based upon no factual information. Why not expect something great?

Anything is possible! [emoji294]️

Nor me! And at the moment it's completely unvalidated and just ignorant criticisms based upon no factual information. Why not expect something great?

Anything is possible! [emoji294]️

Coldplay is kind of "new" to me, i don't expect any particular style. "Why not expect something great?" :)

Rhianna is going to be in AHFOD, this album is going to SUCK. I'm honestly glad that I found a new band.

Maybe you should whine about Coldplay in their forum instead? Instead of ruining the experience for everyone in here.

Perhaps you should review the first two lines of your avatar.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Maybe you should whine about Coldplay in their forum instead? Instead of ruining the experience for everyone in here.

Perhaps you should review the first two lines of your avatar.

Agreed. So over all the whinging.....Believe in the good for Christ's sake [emoji135][emoji92][emoji92][emoji92][emoji92]

I think its way too early to make assumptions about LP7 as well. The negativity and pessimism is unnecessary. I do however believe we can criticize the band's decision to work with Rihanna again. We even have the right to be outraged by it if it turns out to be true.

If you're the type of person who worships these people and attacks anyone who criticizes the band with militant aggression you really need to broaden your mind.

I think its way too early to make assumptions about LP7 as well. The negativity and pessimism is unnecessary. I do however believe we can criticize the band's decision to work with Rihanna again. We even have the right to be outraged by it if it turns out to be true.

If you're the type of person who worships these people and attacks anyone who criticizes the band with militant aggression you really need to broaden your mind.

The fact is that people here dont know how to critize, but know how to hate

you are hating on rihanna, you are not criticizing her, there's a difference

a critic: i think rihanna is good at what she does, seeing how successful she is, but i dont like her voice

another critic: i don't think rihanna's voice and imagine suits coldplay so i dont think a collab with her is a great idea

what u guys are doing here: rihanna???? that slut??? she cant even sing!!! i hate coldplay!!1!!!11!!!

I don't mind criticism. I do mind harsh criticism that just kills the good mood in here. People are entitled to their opinions, but please express them nicely.

Personally I don't mind Coldplay having made Princess of China with Rihanna. Many of my friends like the song. I would like to see another artist collaborate with them though - would be more interesting with something new.

I don't mind criticism. I do mind harsh criticism that just kills the good mood in here. People are entitled to their opinions, but please express them nicely.

Personally I don't mind Coldplay having made Princess of China with Rihanna. Many of my friends like the song. I would like to see another artist collaborate with them though - would be more interesting with something new.

I agree. I don't have anything against POC. In fact, it works well with the rest of the song in MX. Rihanna has a unique and powerful voice as well. If Chris and the band will include another song on LP7 with her that will be okay. But like you said, it would be more interesting if they collaborate with someone else because we already heard a Coldplay song with Rihanna in it.

I agree with the bolded parts. I do not understand nor agree with how anyone can legitimately criticize Coldplay for working with Rihanna. I don't believe I heard one legitimate reason against it. The gist of what I read so far is bitching about how they dont like Rihanna's music or PoC and somehow this justifies everything they say. News flash: you don't speak for everyone. Some people actually like Rihanna, some people actually like PoC, some people actually don't mind pop music. Some people are actually more tolerant.

I'm all for criticizing the band. I'm pretty vocal myself on things like their terrible MVs. But I tend to give a bit more reasoning in my opinions than what's being displayed in this thread. And at the end of the day, ppl are FREE to like whatever they want. It isn't your or my or anyone's job to change ppl's opinions.