✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guys, there are other bands in the world and they are not named Coldplay, it's not like you're going to stop listening to music if LP7 sucks.

[video=youtube;-_uXtC_mblI]

BTW I want something like this.

I like that track. I can't quite see the name on the album cover who is it? [emoji165] Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See, I didn't like Poc much either but not because of Rihanna. Here if we get another song with this particular collab I wouldn't mind. It would be interesting to see what direction coldplay takes.

Remember, coldplay doesn't make the same album twice. Do whatever anybody says I don't care, cause I am looking forward to it..

I think it would be a complete album with something in it for everyone[emoji3] so no need to get all judgemental just yet [emoji5]

Guest howyousawtheworld
Let's assume for a second that your opinions and analysis are correct (which they aren't). So if Coldplay don't play the music you like anymore and you're sooo sure of yourself and your future-seeing ways, why are you still here? You're free to do as you wish obviously, but I know I personally wouldn't waste my time in a community that enjoys something that I don't like.

Either you're trolling or stupid, and I was genuinely curious as to which one it is.

Oh don't be so pathetic. They can do other things but collaborating with Rihanna AGAIN when there are so many great great artists out there is beyond insipid. Unlike you, my standards go a bit higher.

howyousawtheworld;5705065 -- We would be open minded if it were 30, 20 heck even 10 years ago but mainstream pop music has become an endless homogenised stream of same sounding shit of which the likes of that robot Rihanna and her management executives have been the bringers of. That Chris Martin licks his lips at these people is beyond worrying and confirms his demise as a serious songwriter. Then again it's not as if he's been hinting at it throughout the last two albums with some average melodies and some truly excruciating lyrics.

Let's assume for a second that your opinions and analysis are correct (which they aren't). So if Coldplay don't play the music you like anymore and you're sooo sure of yourself and your future-seeing ways, why are you still here? You're free to do as you wish obviously, but I know I personally wouldn't waste my time in a community that enjoys something that I don't like.

Either you're trolling or stupid, and I was genuinely curious as to which one it is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Having an opinion that is unpopular is not trolling. Calling someone stupid for having a different perspective is true trolling. Both of you should respect the fact that you both feel differently.

howyousawtheworld has valid points, though I don't agree entirely. I agree that top 40 pop music over the last few decades has been dominated by record labels in a struggling industry that use artists like products to produce easy, accessible and formulaic music. I personally believe much pop music is not very innovative as a result, (of course not all of it.) Coldplay has always defied pop conformity but stayed relevant. Unfortunately for some of our tastes, their last two eras have a few examples of tracks that follow some top 40 radio trends. While the eras have been nonetheless superb with a diverse mix of tracks, I share the fear that Coldplay will make an album of ASFOS', though they likely won't. We just don't want to see them sound more like mainstream artists.

At the same time, however, Jc90 is right. We are freaking out right now about something completely hypothetical and we are being way too severe with our criticisms when we don't have any real information yet. I don't want another Rihanna track either, but we don't even know if it is true, or more importantly, how it would sound. PoC was a hit, even if some of us didn't like it, and I even admit to kind of liking the song, other than the god awful lyricism.

So there is no need to panic, but also no need to bash someone who might have an opinion that appears negative. Coldplaying has always been civil and I love that fact. We have to accept a mix of negative and positive opinions and work out ideas together. This forum needn't be gleefully optimistic about everything our favorite band does, nor does it need to be overwhelmingly critical. Regardless, we are all anxious for a new album!

^ Totally agree.

Just to change the mood in here a bit here are a few artists that I dream about Coldplay collaborating with :): Peter Gabriel, U2, David Gilmour, Depeche Mode, Eleni Karaindrou, Muse, Noel Gallagher, Rob Swire, Fran Healy, Dave Grohl, Amy Lee and a few others.

Oh don't be so pathetic. They can do other things but collaborating with Rihanna AGAIN when there are so many great great artists out there is beyond insipid. Unlike you, my standards go a bit higher.

a) I haven't heard this argument yet. I would have accepted this as opposed to all the 'Rihanna sux' comments.

b) At the same time, despite what perhaps we all previously thought, Coldplay can't just pick and choose who they want to collab with (see David Bowie). Apparently people aren't dying to collab with Coldplay.

This isn't a standards issue so you can get off your high horse. It's an issue with some having certain tastes and others not. Rihanna might not be your cup of tea, but to say shes inferior...there's just no way you can prove that, so stop waiving it around like its fact. Again I say, just because you don't like something, doesn't make it universally bad.

INCOMING OPINION: I would actually prefer to see a collab with someone like Noel Gallagher as opposed to Rihanna. Do I have my panties in a knot over it? No. Why? Because I know there are other fans out there with different tastes and perhaps they might like a Rihanna/Coldplay collaboration. Not everything the band do is gonna be molded to your every taste.

what is embarrassing to me is how close minded people on here are about pop music and how full of hate most people are

get that stick out of your assholes and get over it

You're right, I admit to liking pop music, I've talked about The Script on this forum before. I guess I was just worried about getting a Mylo Xyloto sequel. But I respect Coldplay for moving with the times, it's just like what Radiohead started doing about 14 years ago. And it was how I felt when I first heard Midnight.

BTW, the only gripe I had with PoC was that Chris Martin didn't get much of a part in it, but that was just because the song was originally meant for Rhianna and only Rhianna to sing it, but the band wanted to keep it. This new song was meant for the band, so I hope that Chris gets more of a part in it.

I think most people worry - including mine - is twofold (what a great word that is)

1. It's not just that Coldplay are incorporating pop into their music (heavily I might add), but the type of pop they're doing - the bland, generic, synth-y stadium yawn-alongs that litter the charts - the pop of Viva La Vida showed how they can combine big choruses and colour with experimentalism and more interesting instrumentation...

2. Coldplay were a rock band. I know lots of people like pop, they can do what they want and they were never exactly Pink Floyd anyway but its sad to see a band who are so capable of combining weighty, more meaningful music with indelible melodies and hooks descend to vacuous lyrics, wishy washy instrumentation and...Rihanna.

I might be wrong, hopefully lp7 isn't the disappointment everything seems to suggest it will be and they make something more heavy than MX/GS

I think most people worry - including mine - is twofold (what a great word that is)

1. It's not just that Coldplay are incorporating pop into their music (heavily I might add), but the type of pop they're doing - the bland, generic, synth-y stadium yawn-alongs that litter the charts - the pop of Viva La Vida showed how they can combine big choruses and colour with experimentalism and more interesting instrumentation...

2. Coldplay were a rock band. I know lots of people like pop, they can do what they want and they were never exactly Pink Floyd anyway but its sad to see a band who are so capable of combining weighty, more meaningful music with indelible melodies and hooks descend to vacuous lyrics, wishy washy instrumentation and...Rihanna.

I might be wrong, hopefully lp7 isn't the disappointment everything seems to suggest it will be and they make something more heavy than MX/GS

Perfect post I agree what all you said. I'm always amazed that some people are on here are irritated or get over-defensive when someone who fell in love with this band in 2003 is critical of their recent strategies and output. The points you made are definitely constructive in terms of what they're musically and technically capable of compared to what they're actually producing.

The change in sound has been so bizarre and overwhelming its taken me a few years to accept them for what they are now. Their evolution has certainly been a lot more dramatic than what I've witnessed with all my other favorite bands.

Perfect post I agree what all you said. I'm always amazed that some people are on here are irritated or get over-defensive when someone who fell in love with this band in 2003 is critical of their recent strategies and output. The points you made are definitely constructive in terms of what they're musically and technically capable of compared to what they're actually producing.

The change in sound has been so bizarre and overwhelming its taken me a few years to accept them for what they are now. Their evolution has certainly been a lot more dramatic than what I've witnessed with all my other favorite bands.

It would be nice to see them get back to their roots! [emoji270][emoji446][emoji450][emoji445]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said! I agree wholeheartedly.

I do cringe at some things, like "LOST", featuring JayZ. I actually refuse to listen to it. Never have. I don't want to hear JayZ on that song!!! However, I love their "new" sound. They are the same but different, but the same. If you listen to Parachutes, they are still the SAME COLDPLAY that they were back then! I love it!!!