✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be amazing, in my opinion. I think they would really need to work their butts off to somehow do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if they're heading for the Parachutes-esque style they just need to get rid of all the expensive fancy schmancy effect laden production stuff and throw all of their lazer harps and whatever the frick they've else got out of the window :wacko:

I still believe the most realistic prediction is MX 2.0, except with a lot more snyth and Will will only use electronic drums.

I just want them to get this whole thing out their system and over with. Then a hiatus (which is long overdue) should be in order. After a few years they could come up with something more reminiscent of Coldplay circa 2003.

I still believe the most realistic prediction is MX 2.0, except with a lot more snyth and Will will only use electronic drums.

I just want them to get this whole thing out their system and over with. Then a hiatus (which is long overdue) should be in order. After a few years they could come up with something more reminiscent of Coldplay circa 2003.

thats what i think its going to happen, they either go fully experimental and start doing crazy shit like a spell a rebel yell, chinese sleep chant or go back to a 2003 sound, but that will happen with LP8, not LP7. I hate the idea of a long hiatus because right now they are NOT on hiatus and we ear about them every 5 months or so, imagine what it would be like during a proper hiatus, but if they need to find inspiration again then so be it.

thats what i think its going to happen, they either go fully experimental and start doing crazy shit like a spell a rebel yell, chinese sleep chant or go back to a 2003 sound, but that will happen with LP8, not LP7. I hate the idea of a long hiatus because right now they are NOT on hiatus and we ear about them every 5 months or so, imagine what it would be like during a proper hiatus, but if they need to find inspiration again then so be it.

A long hiatus would be very beneficial at this point in their career. If it results in a positive step toward creating a groundbreaking album I'm prepared to wait 5 or 6 years. They need to take a step back and really think about what they have and haven't achieved. They need to think about their legacy and how they'll be remembered. About what they could have been and what they are.

A long hiatus would be very beneficial at this point in their career. If it results in a positive step toward creating a groundbreaking album I'm prepared to wait 5 or 6 years. They need to take a step back and really think about what they have and haven't achieved. They need to think about their legacy and how they'll be remembered. About what they could have been and what they are.

I agree though if we listen again to interviews (of Chris Martin) the band is all fired up at the moment. I think the main question that they need to ask themselves after LP7 is "do they really need to ignore critics and just do what they enjoy the most?". I think it will be beneficial for them to listen to some critics again and start challenging their talent more as individuals and as a band (not just learning new stuff and fusing it with their current sound or drawing inspiration to what is relevant in terms of style in the music industry).

A possible sub question: "what do they mean of being relevant?". Is it to adapt to the current genre and style or to create music that would left critics wondering how they pulled it up (even Pitchfork media).

I agree though if we listen again to interviews (of Chris Martin) the band is all fired up at the moment. I think the main question that they need to ask themselves after LP7 is "do they really need to ignore critics and just do what they enjoy the most?". I think it will be beneficial for them to listen to some critics again and start challenging their talent more as individuals and as a band (not just learning new stuff and fusing it with their current sound or drawing inspiration to what is relevant in terms of style in the music industry).

A possible sub question: "what do they mean of being relevant?". Is it to adapt to the current genre and style or to create music that would left critics wondering how they pulled it up (even Pitchfork media).

I agree, both AROBTTH and Viva were responses to critics: being too soft and bland, and being predictable and too serious. Critics have said that GS was too "nice" and was less of a break up album and more of an apology to Paltrow. And they said because of passive lyrics and less then raw production the album wasn't personal at all. I have to agree with this, even though i love the album. Other then Always in my Head, Midnight, Oceans, and O... there was a lack of pure emotion. I think if Coldplay rlly thought about it, they would go and make an album that was less for everyone and more about Chris' experiences.

I agree, both AROBTTH and Viva were responses to critics: being too soft and bland, and being predictable and too serious. Critics have said that GS was too "nice" and was less of a break up album and more of an apology to Paltrow. And they said because of passive lyrics and less then raw production the album wasn't personal at all. I have to agree with this, even though i love the album. Other then Always in my Head, Midnight, Oceans, and O... there was a lack of pure emotion. I think if Coldplay rlly thought about it, they would go and make an album that was less for everyone and more about Chris' experiences.

I'd have to agree it's getting to the point in Chris's career where playing with vague lyricism is just not working anymore. He has the drive, emotion, and medium to pull off something powerful and controversal. MX and GS (VLV in extent) were detached from their narrative or intended purposes. MX might not be "The Wall" but the narrative/story couldn't support itself from being blurry in its storytelling (an album has to stand on its own even with companion pieces likes books, comics, scripts, etc.). GS was as mentioned not as personal as Chris made it out be, and therefore was a cause for the confusion between his supposed narrative of the album and the "break up" that inspired it. If he stepped up his songwriting game, I'd think that be key to composing a unique gem. He's given us enough songs for us, he needs to make songs for himself now.

You guys have made some valid points. I think it's all about the will and desire to challenge yourself technically and musically. With writing lyrics as well. I know the band has long realized they're not as skillful or talented as Radiohead or Muse but why should that stop them trying to create more complex experimental music? They're now too comfortable where they are at the moment so things really need to change. I've also said before that dynamics within the band and the writing process need to drastically change.

I love how everyone is saying things like:" they need to do that/they need to do this! It would be really helpful for them to blahhh"

Maybe they hate hiatus' and think it's a waste of time? Maybe they're totally over everything they've ever done and do something really weird which we all gonna hate? Who the hell knows and cares until it's actually time until we hear new songs from them?

Speculation threads are funny and all, but sometimes they get ridiculous lol

I love how everyone is saying things like:" they need to do that/they need to do this! It would be really helpful for them to blahhh"

Maybe they hate hiatus' and think it's a waste of time? Maybe they're totally over everything they've ever done and do something really weird which we all gonna hate? Who the hell knows and cares until it's actually time until we hear new songs from them?

i just want something from them, like some blog uptades or photos or something i hate that they dont exist online

i just want something from them, like some blog uptades or photos or something i hate that they dont exist online

Yeah I understand :nod:

Vines from the studio :nod:

Imagine Guy doing weird little video snippets of his bandmates without them noticing HAHA :lol:

:charming:

And that's why there is a discussion provided on the forum ;)

And that's why there is a discussion provided on the forum ;)

Absolutely. I hope no one is offended by our discussions. They can leave anyway!

I agree this is not LP Underground and the band don't give a damn about what we think but it's fun to discuss stuff.

"will be fun to shuffle your feet a little bit" ;)

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="

width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>