✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think it's lazy at all. I have been hoping they would do this for a long time. I'm very excited they are finally doing it!

Me too! I think it's awesome that now it's possible for the fans to choose some of what they want to hear. Now the fans will have an even more enjoyable time. And i can't wait to hear the old songs again

Good move coldplay!

Me too! I think it's awesome that now it's possible for the fans to choose some of what they want to hear. Now the fans will have an even more enjoyable time. And i can't wait to hear the old songs again

Good move coldplay!

Exactly! I hope some of the older b sides are up for grabs. I think it will be limited but still, its a pretty cool thing to do.

• Like 1

My opinion on the whole song requests things, I really like the idea, it allows the fans to get more interactive with the band and allows the experience to feel more personal I guess and allows a stronger connection to the band. We get to hear classics that we'd always had hoped Coldplay would have played, and we also might hear songs that were never played live before such as Twisted Logic. I don't think it's lazy at all; I think that it's just one more of the band's many creative ideas for the concert, that in this case will alow the fans to connect more with the band. Also, if we're lucky, Chris Martin might hear just how good their older content is compared directly next to the new content and they might take a turn back towards rock. :D Not saying their new content is bad, as I do enjoy it very very much. As I've said many times, there's a noticiable quality drop between the old content and the new content. Hopefully this tour, with requests for older songs, could fix this.

In summary, this is not a lazy idea. This is the band connecting with the fans on a more personal level. It's sure hard to make a concet with 70,000 fans feel personal, but once you hear your name called up on the requests it feels a lot more personal and enjoyable. It makes the concert more exciting for the fan, and all of the fans as a whole, seeing that they're playing songs that are rarely heard.

someone request amsterdam plzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Chris' 'spider-web' effect of glancing at many individual fans (as he mentioned during Live 2012) is fantastic!

Exactly, I like how Chris does all these things to make a concert mean more fo the fans... he also asks everyone at the back if they're all good, he glances at many individual fans, etc... :)

• Like 2

all i think about live is Brids nothing else :D

Oh I had no idea what you meant until I came back after looking at the title track thread "Oh... you meant Birds!" That would be completely sick an awesome. I an so dying to hear that right nowwwwww

Probably going to be one of the best Coldplay songs live. I can just imagine it right now. It's just so completely amazing. It's the best song of the album and falls in my Coldplay's Top 10. This is one of the songs in the album that doesn't feel as "shallow" as the others, and feels as rich as Coldplay's older work. This along with Amazing Day.

We so need to request this. I'll get mad if this is one of the songs they don't decide to play for the tour. Like UWTB, which has recently overtaken Paradise as my favorite off Mylo, never got played, and I am dying to see that one live, someone needs to request it because that would be so. freaking. epic. live.

• Like 1

I'm so confused about people's opinions on this album. Do people really think it's this massive sounding but very 'radio' pop album?

I don't think it's that big or 'mainstream' really. There's the big ones, AHFOD, HFTW and AOAL. But there's not much else on there that's full on huge/stadium sounding. AOAL and HFTW plus Everglow and Fun as nice ballads might be fitting for radio but I can't see the rest touching radio or becoming hits at all other than maybe Up&Up possibly.

I think it's quite an emotional album really, not superficial or trying to hard to have chart songs, it's a lovely little album, not their best but definitely not an album trying to hard to impress pop fans surely.

• Like 3

@Jedi Leo....I just noticed our posts counts are only 4 away from each other!

Not sure they equally count! haha I just recently became active in the forum again after ages...you probably have been a regular here for a while :) But nice you´ll soon catch up so we can, I don't know , celebrate our equal post counts with a glass of mead? LOL

Not sure they equally count! haha I just recently became active in the forum again after ages...you probably have been a regular here for a while :) But nice you´ll soon catch up so we can, I don't know , celebrate our equal post counts with a glass of mead? LOL

Well if "a while" means about 5 months, then yes....haha sure! :drinking:

(I'm on the app, so I hope I correctly remembered the code for that emoji)

• Like 1

Well if "a while" means about 5 months, then yes....haha sure! :drinking:

(I'm on the app, so I hope I correctly remembered the code for that emoji)

Haha *LOL* 5 months? Ok I must say your post count is insane for five months hehe Well done :) And yes that emoticon is the right one

Im ready to have a proper drink grin-3337.gif

?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-lT7c5FpTAW4%2FT-ss9-K6VuI%2FAAAAAAAABXE%2F8awfwrJnxO4%2Fs1600%2Fcuerno.gif&f=1

Wait what?

In some interview, I remember them saying that they are working out plans for the tour but people should really enjoy the first 40 seconds of the show or something along those lines because it will be spectacular...

• Like 1