✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Is anyone else perplexed by the lack of explanation for some of this new era's themes?? I feel like with Viva and MX and GS we got really elaborate explanations for the artwork that made a whole lot of sense considering those eras' overall goals and stories. Now with AHFOD there is just randomness everywhere....which also plays out in the lyrics and song styles.

There is Indian inspiration everywhere (though barely any in the music). There are crazy shapes and colors. There are moon phases, the flower of life, cut outs of their childhoods, Kaleidiscopes...

I mean, all these things individually are really neat and kind of fit together aesthetically....but sonically or thematically? The album isn't psychedelic enough for Kaleidoscopes, nor does it ever mention the complexity of the flower of life. It feels like the band just said: alright that is pretty cool. Let's just toss that on there. I mean really? If the video for Hymn for the Weekend is that India shoot then that will be disturbing if anything--Coldplay running around with cute children singing "Feeling so drunk and high" haha. That would be laughable.

I think the only (and too simple) explanation they gave is, that they wanted to make everything as colourful as possible, so yeah I think they randomly threw some colourful themes together :D

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[MEDIA=twitter]675862550442074112[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/675862550442074112

Confirming that Chris Martin has gone full blown retard.

With his comments on Bieber et al he's turning into one sad, creepy little man. There's nothing remotely charming about his gawkiness now. Just fucking sad. Grow the fuck up man.

I understand that you f*cking hate their new music, and I an understand someone criticizing their work. However, this is just plain rude. This is not how you talk about anybody, especially when it's because of their musical taste. Please grow up and understand that you don't have to hate someone for not making the music that you like.

• Like 12

I understand that you f*cking hate their new music, and I an understand someone criticizing their work. However, this is just plain rude. This is not how you talk about anybody, especially when it's because of their musical taste. Please grow up and understand that you don't have to hate someone for not making the music that you like.

very well said.

Apparently "4 Bar Jazz Blues Improvisation" was registered in ASCAP. Apparently meant for AHFOD... anyone else heard of this? It's interesting, because judging from the title they actually did try even more different genres.

On that same note, have all the AHFOD songs been registered on all the databases?

Apparently "4 Bar Jazz Blues Improvisation" was registered in ASCAP. Apparently meant for AHFOD... anyone else heard of this? It's interesting, because judging from the title they actually did try even more different genres.

Nah, that song has been there for ages. Unless I'm mistaken, it was for something way back in 2002 or so.

• Like 1

Nah, that song has been there for ages. Unless I'm mistaken, it was for something way back in 2002 or so.

Check the Wikipedia page, there's "A Man for All Seasons (Still Goin' Strong)" "All Good Things Come To An End" (sounds interesting) "Autodance" (.... you can tell what that would have turned into)... I'm no Coldplay geek or anything but I haven't seen those names...

EDIT: Seems like the first one was for Game of Thrones I think, the second one was an unreleased song with Nelly Furtado, and Autodance.... I have no idea but it's on the Wikipedia page "List of songs recorded".

Exactly

Thanks:D The sound itself is pretty atmospheric, ill have a listen when you've posted it again:)

Hey man, I have it finished now if you still want to take a listen. Now it's something I would call my own. Completely redid the vocals to it.

I think it's much better..then again maybe I just turned into a turd. Hah.

[MEDIA=bandcamp]track_id=335299296[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://belo.bandcamp.com/track/in-dreams

I love the album so I think it's he most listenable one from start to finish since mx GS I had to skip alot because nitbwas all samey and sounded too sad.

Another's arms is one of their worst songs in my opinion.

GS is certainly the antithesis to AHFOD hehe Super sad, but very cathartic for certain particular moments, but I agree that AHFOD has a wider application to various moods :). I am curious to hear what you dont particularly like in "Another´s arms"? I think Jonny does a marvellous melody throughout a good part of it and its one of the most haunting songs on the album imo.

Agreed Jedi,

after Midnight, Anothers Arms is my absolute favourite on GS. By far.

Yes I really love GS! Its like an atmospheric gem to me hehe And I do like how it portrays a full journey ending in the splendid Fly On. And I like how even in such a specific mood album they still wanted/managed to fit in different vibes from the sort of funky Magic to the experimental beauty that is Midnight to the exuberant ASFOS and the etheric O. I mean even in this album such variety :)

• Like 4

Now that the AHFOD leak and release hoolpa has ended, I'm unsure whether GS or AHFOD is their worst album but I still love them both.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is fine. They settled on making music for their children and making people happy. A lot of effort goes into everything they do. I feel like Chris is a perfectionist control freak who plans everything like okay now I am going to have fun for exactly 4 minutes and that's ok too. I take it as it is. They are not obliged to be the biggest and best anything, I just wish they'll try to do something more sophisticated and substantial next time.