LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What did I just watch

Really funny when they did this. As far as I remember it was for a short movie or clip Ash were working on. I don't think it was ever released and what you see is probably just them messing about with whatever the concept was.

army of one is one of their best songs in years and if you try to cover it its so hard to match Chris's vocals in it. I always end up cracking up my voice :(

I've personally always found his voice theraputic and it's not because of all the years listening to him. I believe he's just naturally extremely gifted and also very good with his techniques. I've never tried it but as you say I can imagine how hard it must be to cover his vocals!

• Like 2

When I heard Army of One for the first time I really liked it, now I think the song lacks a guitar solo or something to make it truly special but its structure it's too simple and repetitive.

Yeah, I agree. The start is quite catchy but it decends into an average song at best. Really doesn't go anywhere and lacks a lot.

• Like 2

Is the production a little different for Army of One? It sounds like maybe some autotune was used. If so it doesn't bother me but it's just different for Coldplay. I really love that song though. Honestly one of their best in years. Lyrically pleasing, melodically beautiful, and just a wonderful piece of music. Even if autotune was used I'm more than happy with the song. This song proves Coldplay can still put out a great song.
It's not autotune, just voice effects. Autotune tunes the singer's voice while simple effects add like an echo or reverb

It's not autotune, just voice effects. Autotune tunes the singer's voice while simple effects add like an echo or reverb

Maybe I meant vocal polishing. Vocally Chris sounds different, not in the sense that he is using a different vocal range to sing, rather the sense that his voice almost seems to emit an electronic sound when singing the song. When he sings some lines it just sounds like his voice has been tampered with to sound perfect. Maybe it has just been polished or something. Now this isn't to say that the song is bad because of this, it's just a little different to hear because it sounds less raw. I know this isn't a comparison but if you compare Army of One to Viva La Vida, you can hear how much more raw Chris's voice is in Viva compared to his voice in Army of One.

Does anyone know if and where I can get just the vocals for Up&Up or any other AHFOD song? I need it for a project :)

I made some from the instrumentals but they are not nearly as good as the older ones. For whatever reason AHFOD doesn't sound the best with the method I use. I'm going to upload one to SoundCloud so you can hear it. If you think it's good enough, let me know and I can upload the rest to the MM section.

Edit:

As I figured, SoundCloud blocked it, so I am just going to post the link here. I don't want to make a new thread just for one song that doesn't sound the best. So anyway, here's Up&Up. There is a lot of background noise that I couldn't get out, but it sounds better than my first attempt.

https://mega.nz/#!TxUFkSbK!Ma40SmVWOIBSt92tWwxSzBqLXvACxM4ImSLH_YZumOg

I made some from the instrumentals but they are not nearly as good as the older ones. For whatever reason AHFOD doesn't sound the best with the method I use. I'm going to upload one to SoundCloud so you can hear it. If you think it's good enough, let me know and I can upload the rest to the MM section.

Edit:

As I figured, SoundCloud blocked it, so I am just going to post the link here. I don't want to make a new thread just for one song that doesn't sound the best. So anyway, here's Up&Up. There is a lot of background noise that I couldn't get out, but it sounds better than my first attempt.

Thank you! I'll have a listen :)

Edit:

Have you made more? If so can you post them! I love to just listen to Chris's voice without the backround noise.

Have you made more? If so can you post them! I love to just listen to Chris's voice without the backround noise.

Yeah I will make a thread in the MM section and will post here to let you guys know. I have them all done, but I'm going to attempt to redo them so they sound better. Up&Up came out better the second time I did it, so hopefully I can replicate that. I'm at work for another hour or so, and will start on them as soon as I get home. You should have them within the next 3 hours tops.