✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Miracles" new original song by Coldplay for movie "Unbroken"

gai

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhhhhh get over it

I shall try.. just hard to see your favorite band take a direction that doesn't fit your taste, and this makes me even more nervous for AHFOD. This song would be great and sound like Viva if it had a creative twist and wasn't so generic. I can only hope if the album continues in this vein that they make it original, fresh, and not so damn cliched.

I shall try.. just hard to see your favorite band take a direction that doesn't fit your taste, and this makes me even more nervous for AHFOD. This song would be great and sound like Viva if it had a creative twist and wasn't so generic. I can only hope if the album continues in this vein that they make it original, fresh, and not so damn cliched.

There is a creative twist that you may not have noticed:

"it’s a more rhythmically focused Coldplay song than it has to be, and it’s a bit surprising hearing the band trying out ideas on syncopation during an Oscar-season end-credits anthem"

http://www.stereogum.com/1724336/coldplay-miracles/mp3s/

[smoke is rising from the houses]

There is a creative twist that you may not have noticed:

"it’s a more rhythmically focused Coldplay song than it has to be, and it’s a bit surprising hearing the band trying out ideas on syncopation during an Oscar-season end-credits anthem"

http://www.stereogum.com/1724336/coldplay-miracles/mp3s/

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I don't think that reviewer liked the track, but I think what he is referring to is the fact that Jonny and Chris kinda play over the drumbeat playfully together. I really like that to be honest, but I don't think it can save the rest of the backing track, and the fact that the drumbeat and acoustic guitar are dull. My favourite example of Coldplay's syncopation is the end of 42 where Chris and Jonny just explode with uplifting piano and guitar like they are trying to play over each other.

I am glad they are doing it again, but as a professional drummer and bassist, you gotta do something more exciting than that.

I don't think that reviewer liked the track, but I think what he is referring to is the fact that Jonny and Chris kinda play over the drumbeat playfully together. I really like that to be honest, but I don't think it can save the rest of the backing track, and the fact that the drumbeat and acoustic guitar are dull. My favourite example of Coldplay's syncopation is the end of 42 where Chris and Jonny just explode with uplifting piano and guitar like they are trying to play over each other.

I am glad they are doing it again, but as a professional drummer and bassist, you gotta do something more exciting than that.

the only boring beat its the drums, but hear the bass more carefully

As much as I'd like to think it will, Atlas was nothing like Ghost Stories. We'll see though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me Atlas pointed for more quiet and less bombastic songs, what later became true. Ans Atlas was even part of the album at one point, I remember seeing a tracklist somewhere with it as the the 3rd or 4th track I guess.

I am sorry if I killed the vibe in this forum. I sincerely am happy that people are liking this song. I just want to express, however, that this is potentially the first Coldplay song ever that I fervently dislike. For the next few days websites and magazines are going to be reviewing this track and I am predicting right now that our boys are going to receive some of their worst marks since X&Y.

You can love it all you want, but this track is also a Miracle for a Coldplay critic, and those guys, while usually too jaded, do have some points. I honestly think this band has few weaknesses, but this track exemplifies all of them: poor lyricism, EXTREMELY generic sounds, an attempt at way too many hooks, etc.

I am going to try to forget this song and disregard it. I am hoping with all of my Coldplay fandomship now, that AHFOD has only the few good qualities of this song and nothing else to do with it.

the only boring beat its the drums, but hear the bass more carefully

You are right about the bass, it is one of Guy's most diverse in ages, which becomes more frustrating considering it doesn't play a more prominent role. It doesn't belong in a song of this low of quality. But I am glad to see him step outside his usual few notes per song hahaha

Do we have the lyrics yet?

There you go:

From up above I heard

The angels sing to me these words

And sometimes in your eyes

I see the beauty in the world

Oh, now I'm floating so high

I blossom and die

Send your storm and your lightning to strike me

Between the eyes

Ah, eyes...

Sometimes the stars decide

To reflect in petals in the dirt

When I look in your eyes

I forget all about what hurts

Oh, now I'm floating so high

I blossom and die

Send your storm and your lightning to strike me

Between the eyes

Cry...

Believe in miracle

Oh hey, I'm floating above the world now

Oh hey, I'm floating above the world now

oh yeah, yeah, yeah

Yes I like the bass, and it`s not like most Coldplay songs have some really sick beats right?

No, but at least they were more distinctly original. The amount of beats on Magic for example and the way they vary is really amazing actually. This sounds like any country song or christian rock song in the U.S. to me, and at moments I even felt like One Direction was going to swoop in with the vocals.

and so what? i always think people give way to much importance to music, its just music after all, if you anjoy it okay and if you dont its okay as well, who cares about what other people thing, who cares if its unoriginal, who cares if its radiofriendly or mainstream or too underground, who cares if the guy that goes to your school shouts "coldplay are gay". its just music

and so what? i always think people give way to much importance to music, its just music after all, if you anjoy it okay and if you dont its okay as well, who cares about what other people thing, who cares if its unoriginal, who cares if its radiofriendly or mainstream or too underground, who cares if the guy that goes to your school shouts "coldplay are gay". its just music

Love you

No, but at least they were more distinctly original. The amount of beats on Magic for example and the way they vary is really amazing actually. This sounds like any country song or christian rock song in the U.S. to me, and at moments I even felt like One Direction was going to swoop in with the vocals.

Sorry Lenny but could you please curb the negativity. It is quite evident what your opinion is but to be quite frank I honestly find it upsetting to hear such harsh and aggressive opinions so would you mind please stopping....please.

There are quite a few people here that appreciate the majesty of Miracles and with you continually speaking your unkind comments it kind of goes against the hope and beauty of the song. Thank you for your understanding.

It is just music, and I am being a bit to vocal right now about how upset I am, so I am going to stop here. You are completely right though. Music is just my favourite art form and Coldplay my favourite band, and so when I dislike a track by them based on the grounds that it is unoriginal and doesn't move me like Coldplay used to, it is just a stark reminder that as I grow older and my tastes expand, Coldplay's music hasn't really kept up...

So personally I am very upset, and my opinion is minuscule among the tons of you that like it, and that is actually reassuring. I am nervous for this bands future though, not only in my musical taste, but in staying relevant in world that has thousands of songs that all sound the same. I don't want Coldplay to be "swimming on a sea of faces." I want them to succeed in making the amazing high quality pop music that moves fans and critics worldwide alike. That is where I will leave it though. I agree with you, I am my own person and the matter is subjective, but I do care what other people think because like them, I am a music fan too.

Sorry Lenny but could you please curb the negativity. It is quite evident what your opinion is but to be quite frank I honestly find it upsetting to hear such harsh and aggressive opinions so would you mind please stopping....please.

There are quite a few people here that appreciate the majesty of Miracles and with you continually speaking your unkind comments it kind of goes against the hope and beauty of the song. Thank you for your understanding.

I do apologize if I offended anyone and brought down the good vibes :embarrassed: I guess I had to be the person keeping it two sided today, so I am sorry, but such is life. I have said to much so I will stop! No matter, Long Live Coldplay and enjoy the new tune everyone. As negative as I have been, a day where a new Coldplay song emerges is a good day :)