✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Miracles" new original song by Coldplay for movie "Unbroken"

gai

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Original Coldplay style. Middle tempo, piano melody was beautiful. I Think this is very fantastic strings , 15 seconds in the part of bridge sound pretty amazing. the atmosfir like angel with hope in World War II..... hope Coldplay will perform this song for oscar 2015.. ;)

YES!!!! And again, the production was FLAWLESS. They step up their game big time!

I agree 100%. The production is really smart and clear. We can hear all the instruments playing in a perfect sound and perfectly mixed. That's Coldplay. Although their production has always been good, there have been weak songs by them. Really enjoy the rhytmic part of this song. Although it's electronic, it's awesome.

And it is a pop song, but it's a f*cking perfect sounding pop song.

I want something with more aggressiveness.[/color]

Me too. I need more Rockplay!! I need more Major Minus, Violet Hill, God Put Smile Upon Your Face, Daylight, Politik. There was none of it in Ghost Stories. The one that came close to it was Ghost Story. I need more bold moves like Midnight, 42, Yes/ Chinese Sleep Chant. More alternative things. I'm ok with the pop stuff, but for me, the perfect Coldplay album has to be a mix of all those things.

My take on the lyrics (a bit different from the ones posted by ColdplayAtlas on Twitter:

From up above I heard

The angel sing to me these words

And sometimes in your eyes

I see the beauty in the world

Oh, now I'm floating so high

I blossom and die

Send your storm and your lightning

To strike me

Between the eyes, eyes

Sometimes the stars decide

To reflect in puddles in the dirt

When I look in your eyes

I forget all about what hurts

Oh, now I'm floating so high

I blossom and die

Send your storm and your lightning

To strike me

Between the eyes and cry

Oh

Leaving me to go

Oh

Oh, hey

I'm floating above the world now

Oh, hey

I'm floating above the world now

Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Listened to it 3 times. The 4th time it made me cry. Is that wrong? I never cried this hard to a Coldplay song. Especially not ones I haven't known very long.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I teared up the first time I listened to O. Not sure this one will do it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I teared up the first time I listened to O. Not sure this one will do it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of Ghost Stories moved me this much. The only one coming close might be Another's Arms.

Miracles is really powerful emotionally. It's such a positive and uplifting song.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

I am glad people are loving it so much, but this is a huge let down for me. I mean huge. I thought I was listening to a hallmark channel movie soundtrack when it started, or maybe a Christian rock jam. (for those of you not from America, it basically just means super unoriginal, cheesy, over the top, disregarded.)

I have listened to about 5 times now and only think it is okay. The drumbeat is super boring and cheesy, I have heard it a thousand times before, the maybe three guitar chords that repeat are lifeless, I like how Jonny and Chris' guitar/piano match during the rift but the melody is boring, and Chris hooting like "yeah yeah yeah." It feels like a parody of Coldplay.

I am sorry for the negativity, but I really am sad :( I had hi hopes for this track and it really is, quite, well, milquetoast. It feels like a track I have heard a million times before. The band sounds more like a studio band than ever before.

I am glad people are loving it so much, but this is a huge let down for me. I mean huge. I thought I was listening to a hallmark channel movie soundtrack when it started, or maybe a Christian rock jam. (for those of you not from America, it basically just means super unoriginal, cheesy, over the top, disregarded.)

I have listened to about 5 times now and only think it is okay. The drumbeat is super boring and cheesy, I have heard it a thousand times before, the maybe three guitar chords that repeat are lifeless, I like how Jonny and Chris' guitar/piano match during the rift but the melody is boring, and Chris hooting like "yeah yeah yeah." It feels like a parody of Coldplay.

I am sorry for the negativity, but I really am sad :( I had hi hopes for this track and it really is, quite, well, milquetoast. It feels like a track I have heard a million times before. The band sounds more like a studio band than ever before.

ohhhhhh get over it