✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Miracles" new original song by Coldplay for movie "Unbroken"

gai

No, but at least they were more distinctly original. The amount of beats on Magic for example and the way they vary is really amazing actually. This sounds like any country song or christian rock song in the U.S. to me, and at moments I even felt like One Direction was going to swoop in with the vocals.

You are right to have criticism, but i think you are being too shallow about it. It sounds great and perfectly produced and mixed. And it is a great radio friendly song.

Maybe you hoped for this song to be more deep and dramatic, but it was something poppy and uplifting instead. There is difference between criticising song because it turned out something else than you had hoped and criticising song just as it turned out. At at the moment for me this song and how it turned out, sounds perfect. Exactly what i needed to hear at the moment this time of the year.

I agree with you, we need to hear something more complex and maybe alternative by Coldplay, but right now we should love this song. And always you need to consider that artists can not write music against their will. Songs sound only good when they arrive and evolve naturally. If it's something done by raw force, it doesn't sound good and I guess that's what they are trying to say about X&Y era in someway.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do apologize if I offended anyone and brought down the good vibes :embarrassed: I guess I had to be the person keeping it two sided today, so I am sorry, but such is life. I have said to much so I will stop! No matter, Long Live Coldplay and enjoy the new tune everyone. As negative as I have been, a day where a new Coldplay song emerges is a good day :)

Thank you so much for your understanding.

And yes today is a brilliant day because we have more of their music to enjoy!

LONG LIVE COLDPLAY!!!!! XO

I

LOVE

IT

:dazzled:

The guitar, oh the guitar, the Jonny Buckland :awesome:

And the lyrics are simply beautiful!! There's a moment I love where Chris goes "When I look in your eyes I forget all about what hurts", the way he sings it, the melody, it just sounds amazing to me :wacky:

Also the first 40 seconds and then from 2.28 on (ESPECIALLY the last minute) is proper eargasm to me :wideeyes:

DAT GUITAR starting at about 3.05, oohhhh man it sounds so delicious i wish i could eat it :awesome::dazzled:

I love this song so much :dazzled:

Everything about it is perfect, the 42 seconds of instrumental at the beginning, the lyrics, the vocals, the guitar, the piano, the drums, the finger snappings, the bridge, the "ohoooohooo"

I actually had low expectations for this song so Im sorry Coldplay for doubting you

I do apologize if I offended anyone and brought down the good vibes :embarrassed: I guess I had to be the person keeping it two sided today, so I am sorry, but such is life. I have said to much so I will stop! No matter, Long Live Coldplay and enjoy the new tune everyone. As negative as I have been, a day where a new Coldplay song emerges is a good day :)

We're all entitled to our opinions :hug:

This song is AMAZING!

I'm glad I'm one of those people that really love every Coldplay song ever created and have literally no criticism towards any of their songs. Everything amazing.

Can only imagine the pain not liking a Coldplay song...

Viva la Coldplay and Viva la Miracles

It is just music, and I am being a bit to vocal right now about how upset I am, so I am going to stop here. You are completely right though. Music is just my favourite art form and Coldplay my favourite band, and so when I dislike a track by them based on the grounds that it is unoriginal and doesn't move me like Coldplay used to, it is just a stark reminder that as I grow older and my tastes expand, Coldplay's music hasn't really kept up...

So personally I am very upset, and my opinion is minuscule among the tons of you that like it, and that is actually reassuring. I am nervous for this bands future though, not only in my musical taste, but in staying relevant in world that has thousands of songs that all sound the same. I don't want Coldplay to be "swimming on a sea of faces." I want them to succeed in making the amazing high quality pop music that moves fans and critics worldwide alike. That is where I will leave it though. I agree with you, I am my own person and the matter is subjective, but I do care what other people think because like them, I am a music fan too.

Well, I find it important that people/fans can express what they think about their music. Negativity/Critical comments (from fans): there should always be space for that too and the band needs to pay attention to this. Since 2011 I find all of their non-regular-album tracks better than most album tracks. Songs like True love, Ink, Another's arms.. I find them all too simple/weak. But 'Miracles' sounds quite a lot better in my ears.. Stronger melody. The 'oe oe oe's' are quite magic-y and ink-y, but the positive hopefull vibe somehow brings me back to the time of the Viva album. It also has the powerfull, feelgood climax from Up with the birds. One of the better MX songs. Still, it's polished, a bit too perfectly pretty, and a bit too 'ooee oee oee'. The lyrics could be a bit stronger maybe.

But oh well, I do find it a pretty song, warm, uplifting.. and Christmas-y! Must be the time of year!