✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #2: A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD

thetwinparadox

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, the showdown between two masterpieces of Coldplay history and imho of music history. (Interesting fact, I actually like the studio versions of both songs more than the live ones.) Both of them far too little known outside of fandom.

I truly love both of them, but the lyrics in AROBTTH are one of the best, if not the best Coldplay has ever written, not to speak of the . You can sense that feeling of revenge and redemption and at the same doubt, hesitation and desperation as it consumes the lyrical I, you can literally feel the house burn in that orange glow (hearing sirens thanks to Jonny's amazing guitar) and his love sitting down and wondering why. The best lines, in my opinion: "I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war, if you can tell me something wirth fighting for", as it is intonated just before the second chorus, is, at least to my ears, probably one of the most haunting pleas questioning the sense of bloodshed in any way. Also, in the beginning, "He said I'm gonna buy this place and see it burn, and do back the things it did to you in return" is a very poetic line capturing that emotion of fury and redemption towards a loved one having been hurt which is we all have felt or will feel at some point.

The underlying guitar line and instrumentation add to the emotional density. I don't know what to say, AROBTTH is a pure masterpiece of sound and lyrics. Please close your eyes, give it another listen and let yourself be absorbed by the music before you cast your vote.

Politik is still a great, great song but has less to offer lyrically, and though it does a good job at conveying emotions, it feels a little less intense than AROBTTH.

So I vote for Politik to be eliminated and I ask all AROBTTH fans and to come out and vote !

We have reached the point where we have to decide between two of the best songs Coldplay has written. Politik has this amazing sound to catch the attention of the listeners. It really does a fantastic job as an opener for the album. But, A Rush of Blood to the Head has the sound that sums up the entire album. A masterpiece that doesn't need to be described because by listening to it you can hear how awesome it is.

My vote goes to Politik #TeamAROBTTH

Alright, I'm gonna vote for Politik.

Two amazing songs. I agree with what everyone has said about the lyrics of AROBTTH....some of the most deep, thought-provoking lyrics ever written.

Politik is great as well, but for the overall sound, it's just a little too whiny (ex. "Just open up your eyes" )

Alright, I'm gonna vote for Politik.

Two amazing songs. I agree with what everyone has said about the lyrics of AROBTTH....some of the most deep, thought-provoking lyrics ever written.

Politik is great as well, but for the overall sound, it's just a little too whiny (ex. "Just open up your eyes" )

Did I read that right????? :o

Did I read that right????? :o

Hey, I said they were both great....obviously the two best of the album, it's just I prefer AROBTTH :)

I do believe, and maybe this will influence people who still can vote, that AROBTTH captures better the overall feel of the album both lyrically and sonically.

Hey, I said they were both great....obviously the two best of the album, it's just I prefer AROBTTH :)

I do believe, and maybe this will influence people who still can vote, that AROBTTH captures better the overall feel of the album both lyrically and sonically.

Spot on !

I've always found the live 2003 version to be quite dull compared to the stellar album version for whatever reason. And that is a vote for Politik, right? :P

I prefer the album version too, I think the recording is great. Good to know I'm not the only one thinking like this :)

Are any of you guys feeling really on the edge wanting to know what the winner will be haha?! I know I am!

I say call it a tie haha....but then it will again come down to these two songs in the final elimination round. ;)

Ha ha, calling it a tie only prolongs the process!! ;) In theory, I could change my vote and decide the winner, but I sincerely think that a song like Mooie Ellebogen did not deserve to make it this far. :confused: