✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Found something else interesting on Youtube, an interview from 2000 that talks about the lyrics and mood of Parachutes:

This channel also very recently uploaded lots of full-length BBC radio broadcasts from Parachutes Era performances, so it's worth checking out if you love this Era :)

Another interesting throwback to old times, although it doesn't really talk about the music, just discovered this interview from the AROBTTH Era:

• Like 4

Another interesting throwback to old times, although it doesn't really talk about the music, just discovered this interview from the AROBTTH Era:

this is great. that first guy's call was so awkward but it was kinda funny to hear Chris talking about GP :P

actually now that i think about it all of these calls are super awkward, so i hope that if i ever get the chance to speak to any of the band members it's not through radio like this :joy:

• Like 1

this is great. that first guy's call was so awkward but it was kinda funny to hear Chris talking about GP :p

actually now that i think about it all of these calls are super awkward, so i hope that if i ever get the chance to speak to any of the band members it's not through radio like this :joy:

ALL of the calls were awkward :D And Chris too (suggestion of hooking up callers 1 and 2, lol...)

Yeah, the GP part was really funny considering the future developments...

Back then it was easier to reach the guys, I guess. Too bad they don't do this kind of radio shows anymore...

EDIT: And sad to see how much they changed their mind on the subject of advertising in the meantime...

Agree about the start, the Yellow intro of the AROBTTH tour is just goosebumps !

They used to have so many great and atmospheric intros and outros back then (Liquid Ambience before Politik, Scientist reverse outro in 05/06, Clocks drums and strings intro and speed outro in 05/06, Spies intro in 01, the list could go on and on...)

Oh man I miss that Clocks speed outro. When I first found the version from Toronto 2006 I listened to it on repeat for like an entire month :joy:

• Like 1

Do you think they (he) changed their mind because they (he) recognize the music probably doesn't mean anything anymore?

Hm, I don't think he would ever admit to himself that the music doesn't mean as much as it used to. After all, they basically seem to think what they are doing right now is the epitome of all the music they've done before, so....

Great concert from the Parachutes Era that I listened to today. With an extra (you know, i really mean more than usual !) hyper Chris ("Number 4, Number 4, NUMBER 4 !!" @coldplayisawesome if you like his early accent (and his quirks) you should definitely check this out ! :)

By the way, at the moment I'm continually looking for little known full ©oldplay concerts on Youtube to listen to during work. So if you know or see something, let me know :)

• Like 3

Great concert from the Parachutes Era that I listened to today. With an extra (you know, i really mean more than usual !) hyper Chris ("Number 4, Number 4, NUMBER 4 !!" @coldplayisawesome if you like his early accent (and his quirks) you should definitely check this out ! :)

By the way, at the moment I'm continually looking for little known full ©oldplay concerts on Youtube to listen to during work. So if you know or see something, let me know :)

I'm loving watching these :D but unfortunately I don't have any but I'm keen to see what else you find :)

• Like 1

thanks for sharing this! i'll have to listen to it tomorrow because i'm about to go to bed now, but i listened to the first few seconds and i already love it :p

but also, i think this is one of the concerts that Stephen recently uploaded, so you can find the links to download the audio in the Multimedia section if you want to save it :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't miss out on our Coldplaying Listening Party of Unreleased Songs ! Short notice, but it will be today at 6 pm EST (so, in a bit more than 8 hours).

https://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplaying-listening-party.105753/page-144

Download the playlist here: https://mega.nz/#!yI5jgaTK!fS4sau1pWP6QeU53XZhrvPopU4SBuelgtHmWtfRCCZM

Finally availabe in decent quality again: The X&Y Storytellers session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6blCFC8ywc

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6blCFC8ywc

By the way, dear fellow Oldplayers....please don't let this thread die ! Post finds of interesting videos, audios or interviews from the olden times, or just discuss anything about the earlier albums and songs :)

• Like 2

Ah yeah thanks for more of these :) I think I'm not the only one who appreciates someone sharing the cool old videos of Coldplay that they find. I'll try and be more active on this thread as well because I don't want it to die either :P Is that Will wearing glasses as well? lol

• Like 1