✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Some personal thoughts on the songs that were mentioned:

I love Speed of Sound, and it is one of the songs that made me a Coldplay fan. It has a beautiful melody, and the lyrics and the way Chris sings them speak to me because I often view the world in a very similar way (in wide-eyed amazement at life and the universe around us).

It feels like an anthem about the wonders of the world that I can identify with and that makes me want to go out there and live life intently.

In short, it means a lot to me :)

And I would almost certainly not be here if it weren't for Viva La Vida.

That melody, that epic string accompaniment...I would call it the most memorable song of the 2000s and for me, this is the ultimate song for celebrations/victories/feelings of extreme happiness or bliss of all time.

Oldplay songs I dislike for example include Til Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the Sea, How You See The World, Amsterdam, Everything's Not Lost, Reign of Love, Yes (among others).

:O even Everything's Not Lost???

i'm also very into both Speed of Sound and Viva la Vida... but honestly what @prospekt46 said about SOS is close to how i feel about Fix You. i still think it's a good song and will listen to it, but it's definitely my least favorite CP song :rolleyes:

Some personal thoughts on the songs that were mentioned:

I love Speed of Sound, and it is one of the songs that made me a Coldplay fan. It has a beautiful melody, and the lyrics and the way Chris sings them speak to me because I often view the world in a very similar way (in wide-eyed amazement at life and the universe around us).

It feels like an anthem about the wonders of the world that I can identify with and that makes me want to go out there and live life intently.

In short, it means a lot to me :)

And I would almost certainly not be here if it weren't for Viva La Vida.

That melody, that epic string accompaniment...I would call it the most memorable song of the 2000s and for me, this is the ultimate song for celebrations/victories/feelings of extreme happiness or bliss of all time.

Oldplay songs I dislike for example include Til Kingdom Come, Swallowed in the Sea, How You See The World, Amsterdam, Everything's Not Lost, Reign of Love, Yes (among others).

Swallowed in the Sea and Amsterdam, whaaattt :P

• Like 1

Whaaaaaat ?

#OMG #shocked

i can't tell if that's serious or sarcastic :P

but... about Amsterdam also... this is a song that always flies under the radar for me (i remember i owned AROBTTH for a long time before i even really listened to it) but i think it's a great example of Coldplay using vocals as instruments and creating such an atmosphere with very little else. it's not a song i find myself actively wanting to listen to often but when i do listen to it i'm always like, i forgot how great this is :P

• Like 1

It is a clear homage to My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless" album, one of the milestones of the early 90s shoegaze scene.

If you want to find Foo Fighters in a CP song just listen to Moses, it is veeeeeeeery similar to Learn To Fly

I can see somewhat the resemblance but I'm telling you there's a song out there where the intro to CSC is the same or extremely similar to this song I'm thinking of. I swear I've heard almost the exact same sound, and I think it is from a FF song. I'll keep checking haha I must affirm that I'm not crazy :p

• Like 1

Ahhhh thanks so much for finding this. I appreciate it so much and just love these videos. I am loving Chris's hair as well like no joke I think it suits him well :P But I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to hear some of these songs for the first time. Especially songs that aren't played much like Chinese Sleep chant. Chris does a pretty damn good job though with his improv. speeches, I've gotta give him that. I have a clip from the Brisbane concert of him introducing Will as from the wiggles, guy as joining the band 2 weeks ago and wanting to do medicine and Jonny going to a Backstreet Boys audition :') was pretty funny lol

Ahhhh thanks so much for finding this. I appreciate it so much and just love these videos. I am loving Chris's hair as well like no joke I think it suits him well :p But I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to hear some of these songs for the first time. Especially songs that aren't played much like Chinese Sleep chant. Chris does a pretty damn good job though with his improv. speeches, I've gotta give him that. I have a clip from the Brisbane concert of him introducing Will as from the wiggles, guy as joining the band 2 weeks ago and wanting to do medicine and Jonny going to a Backstreet Boys audition :') was pretty funny lol

his VIVA hair was pretty great - at least, at that length and when he buzzed it all off. it got too long at a certain point :P

yeah, sometimes the things he says makes him sound like a total idiot, but most of the time it's pretty funny. i remember at the VIVA concert i went to he said Guy was leaving to go be a naked flamenco dancer on America's Got Talent :joy:

• Like 1

So people are noticing the band's love-in with Israel and news is fast spreading. Taking pictures with Israeli military personnel doesn't help! I thought the boys are all about love and peace and harmony!

A trip to the other side won't hurt.

• Like 2

Wow. Now it's time for a happy photo in front of illegal construction of settlements! This is getting more fucking inappropriate by the day!

%D7%A7%D7%A8%D7%93%D7%99%D7%98-%D7%99%D7%97%D7%A61.jpg

Wait, is this an illegal settlement ?? I really hope not. I thought it was Rawabi, the new planned Palestinian town in the West Bank (a luxury town from what I've heard though, and hardly representative of the state of living in Palestine - a trip of Chris and Jonny to some bombed houses in Gaza or an overflowing refugee camp wouldn't hurt to get things into perspective).

About the military photo, yes, it is unexcusable imho.

Some fans from Twitter have sent the band short messages via social media or the official form on the website expressing their concern, I thought that was a good idea, maybe you want to join in as well @nvdmm ?

Not that it's gonna change anything, but it's better if they at least are aware that fans do care about such things, and not just Guy's current haircut and who Chris is dating at the moment.

• Like 1

Wait, is this an illegal settlement ?? I really hope not. I thought it was Rawabi, the new planned Palestinian town in the West Bank (a luxury town from what I've heard though, and hardly representative of the state of living in Palestine - a trip of Chris and Jonny to some bombed houses in Gaza or an overflowing refugee camp wouldn't hurt to get things into perspective).

About the military photo, yes, it is unexcusable imho.

Some fans from Twitter have sent the band short messages via social media or the official form on the website expressing their concern, I thought that was a good idea, maybe you want to join in as well @nvdmm ?

Not that it's gonna change anything, but it's better if they at least are aware that fans do care about such things, and not just Guy's current haircut and who Chris is dating at the moment.

The construction of housing units in Rawabi commenced a long while ago and is nearly over as far as I know. The project is being built by Palestinians and funded by Palestinians with the help of joint investment from middle eastern and other Muslim countries. Israel has nothing to do with it and in fact they've been trying viciously to halt or otherwise interrupt the project. The people in the photo and taking the photo are Israelis so I very much doubt that's Rawabi.

From what I can see in the photo it looks like the newer construction sites in the occupied west bank. And I doubt sending messages will help. Neither the band nor their management team seem to be interested in what people think.

The construction of housing units in Rawabi commenced a long while ago and is nearly over as far as I know. The project is being built by Palestinians and funded by Palestinians with the help of joint investment from middle eastern and other Muslim countries. Israel has nothing to do with it and in fact they've been trying viciously to halt or otherwise interrupt the project. The people in the photo and taking the photo are Israelis so I very much doubt that's Rawabi.

From what I can see in the photo it looks like the newer construction sites in the occupied west bank. And I doubt sending messages will help. Neither the band nor their management team seem to be interested in what people think.

If I were you I'd send a short message anyway...just to show that we care. :)

Also, I have looked into this now to clear it up for good now - it is Rawabi, I'm hundred percent sure. See the distinct form of the buildings and notably the (minaret ?) tower on the right. On this photo of Rawabi you can see it's the same as the background of the Coldplay photo:https://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.arte.tv%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fatoms%2Fimage%2Fopa%2F066875-000_2214478_32_200.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.arte.tv%2Fde%2Frawabi-die-palaestinensische-antwort-auf-den-israelischen-siedlungsbau&docid=V3VqHsU9fEOFFM&tbnid=xgVbjohVdZRhSM%3A&vet=1&w=940&h=530&bih=723&biw=1467&q=Rawabi&ved=0ahUKEwjo5NvfqrPSAhXFBywKHRy3C004ZBAzCBYoFDAU&iact=mrc&uact=8#h=530&imgrc=xgVbjohVdZRhSM:&vet=1&w=940

Also, Chris has confirmed they have been to Palestine and because all the other photos show them in Israeli locations, this fits.

• Like 1

Need to download this :D

Everyone only talks about Toronto 2006, I feel like it's often forgotten that Coldplay was there in 2005 too and this show is so underrated :)

So, what do Oldplayers think about Hypnotised ? I feel like the rest of the KEP tracklist doesn't sound so promising (only 5 tracks, SJLT on it, "Miracles 2" etc.), but I really like this song, the closer of the KEP.

To me it sounds like a combination of the AHFOD and GS sound, but done and produced right (no Stargate !). A good work of dream pop, and Jonny sounds very Pink-Floydesque. Sure, the drums are a bit generic on this, and the underlying bell-like sound could have been more original too, but overall I think it's definitely among the best songs of the past two eras.

Curious to hear your opinions !

To me it sounds like a combination of the AHFOD and GS sound, but done and produced right (no Stargate !). A good work of dream pop, and Jonny sounds very Pink-Floydesque. Sure, the drums are a bit generic on this, and the underlying bell-like sound could have been more original too, but overall I think it's definitely among the best songs of the past two eras.

i thought it had a real MX feeling in the beginning, but i also 100% got a PF feeling from it